Gem Spending Explained

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gem Spending Explained

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count

Gem Spending Explained

Kingdom Age is a great MMO game available on Ipod Ipad and Iphone. When you start playing the game you will not be able to put it down. Like every game you generally gain levels and get stronger with time. But unlike many games Kingdom Age gives players a great option when playing to speed up their gaming.
    Gree, the developers of Kingdom Age, have generously put in a Gem system into the game. This gem system allows you to use real life money to purchase in game content. This also allows for the game to be Advertisement free. Gems can also be earned free by downloading apps and watching trailers through certain advertisers. This is completely optional. Here is a list of the uses of gems in this game.

1. Purchase Units: Kingdom age supplies countless units that are powerful for people to purchase with gems. These units are Generally more powerful than any unit that can be obtained with Gold.(the standard ingame currency.) This is for the people that want to invest straight into thier armies and cut any variables when it comes to earning units otherwise.
    Gem Price: Variable

2. Instant upgrade: Kingdom age has multiple different unit, defense and income buildings that help a player build an army, increase kingdom defense and earn gold. All upgrades take a certain period of time to complete. With Gems you can instantly upgrade your buildings to speed up construction. So that 24 hour wait turns into no wait at all if you choose to do so.
    Gem Price: Variable based on time to complete.

3. Purchase energy and stamina refills: Kingdom age has a PVE and PVP system. PVE allows you to attack ingame monsters for gold and weapons that will increase your armies stats. PVP allows you to attack other people around the world allowing you to loot gold and units from enemies. Unfortunately, You are limited to how many attacks you can do based on your stamina and energy. When you run out you have the option to use Gems to purchase more. Each stamina refill allows you a completely full stamina bar to allow you to attack again. While a energy refill will fill 1000 Energy at max to allow you to attack monsters again.
    Gem Price for energy refill: 20
    Gem price for stamina refill: 10

4. LTQs and LTE: Kingdom age has recently added loads of new quests that allow you to unlock exclusive units for your army.
    LTQs are quests just like any other. But unlike others they are limited to a certain amount of time you can complete them and usually have a grand prize for completion. They usually have multiple steps to the them and increase in difficulty when you progress through them. Most of them require completion twice in order to recieve the grand prizes. Generally to complete these quests you will need to purchase energy refills which can be bought with gems.
    LTEs are quests that usually involve some kind of loot item. During these events when you attack monsters and other players you have a chance to recieve a box for the event. These boxs can be opened to reveal exclusive units or the special loot item for that event. These events usually have a leaderboard system that ties in with them as well as prizes when you recieve certain amounts of the loot item. When you open a box and recieve the loot indicated in the event it is then tallied. Everytime you recieve the loot it gets added up and will allow you to unlock prizes based on how many you recieve. The event also has special rewards for the top 250 players or so that recieve the most items. When opening a box you can choose three options. When you use Gems to open a box you are gaurunteed either a unit, money, honor or the loot item for the event. You can also reset the timer to open more boxes faster.
    Gem price to open a 100% box: 20
    Gem price for timer reset: 20

5. Boss events: Kingdom age occasionally has a Boss that can be triggered while playing the game. This boss is part of a limited time event. You are able to attack him, but are limited to 4 hits and then you must wait to attack him again. Unless you use Gems to instantly heal you. This will give you the ability to hit 2 times more without waiting. You can also purchase a mega hit. This will give a huge bonus to the power of your attack.
    Gem price for Instant heal: 10
    Gem price for power attack: 25

6. Conquest of Kings*:Kingdom Age has recently added a new feature that allows members to form guilds with other players. There will be events for these guilds to participate in called crusades. During these events 2 rival guild will wage war against eachother for one hour. Each member is allowed to hit a member from the rival guild 4 times per full health bar. When this health is depleted you must wait 25* minutes for enough health to regenerate to allow one more hit or you can Purchase a Med pack with Gems that will grant you a full health bar again allowing for another 4 hits.
    Gem price for a Med pack: 25

Gem packs available for purchase:
    Handful of Gems: 50
    Pile of Gems: 110
    Bag of Gems: 240
    Chest of Gems: 650
    Mountain of Gems: 1500 (Best Value)

Note: (There are different strategies you can use in all the events listed above. You can look on other threads on this forum to see what tips and tricks other players have found.)

Gems are a great bonus for those inclined to purchase them. They will give you a great advantage in the game if you spend them wisely. To apply Gem spending to a real life senerio:
    You and your friend just bought the new Iphone 6. You decide to buy a fancy case that is water resistant and scratch protectant. While you buddy just gets the phone and doesnt want any bonuses with it. You guys both have the same phone. Yours just has a few upgrades
    Eventually your friends screen will probably get scratched while yours is still protected by the case you invested extra money to get. Well eventually your friend doesnt want to get any more scratches so he buys a screen protector for it that way no more damage would come to it. He decided to pay a little for it but not as much as you did when you bought your case.
    So now your Both happy again, but your phone still looks nicer because it has less scratches. Your friend is jealous but he deals with it.
    Later on you guys are hanging out by your friends pool when suddenly someone pushes you guys in. Both of you had your phones in your pocket. Well yours has a nice case on it so it was not harmed from the water. But your friends on the other hand got soaked through and through. He manages to dry it out and it still works but his volume button no longer works. So now he is stuck with a scratched up phone that he can't adjusted the volume on and he is upset. But your Phone is just fine because of the great investment you made in the case. Although they are the same phones, you made a great investment and you got a great benefit out of it.

This is exactly how this game works. If you make an investment you will more than likely come out on top. Its just how it works. Even when investing a great deal of strategy has to be used. Generally everyone is equal. It all depends on how you play that will determine your greatness. I was a free player for a long time. When i perfected my stategy few could defeat me. It just takes time.
    I apologies for grammatical errors in this. I'm not the worlds best writer.
    Last edited by Dirt road Joe; 03-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Matthew 7:3-5

Banned
    Post Count
    Agreed, there is no strategy in this game. Basically, empty your pocket and get the best attack/defense.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    "They have generously put in a gem system"? "A great deal of strategy"?

Are you serious???
    You beat me to it...I read your post 2 secs after I thought it LOL

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    You beat me to it...I read your post 2 secs after I thought it LOL
    Not everybody has thousands of dollars to spend. There are many people that buy the gems and use them strategically. There are those people that buy buy buy gems. But there are others who are wiser and can make half the gems stretch just as far.
    Also I'm not understanding why the people that buy gems in the game seem to be classified as the bad guys? Just remember, they are the guys that support the game so that you can play for free and without thousands of advertisements.
    Last edited by Dirt road Joe; 03-23-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Post Count
    What about hacker and cheaters? What about GrEE broke the balance with their LTE? When you have BD10 but it doesn't mean anything?

With new Events (30-50k each) you don't have to build buildings - you can take money by raids.
    You don' t need dragons, just 2-4 events - right now it is one week - and you will be stronger then player with 10 bd, 1500 dragons.

To complete LTE you have two ways: buy gems and cheat with energy. And no spot for player who doesn't ready to spend 50-100 $ per event or want to play without cheats, hacks.

Fight on!
    Golden Griffin
    www.goldengriffin.org

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    What about hacker and cheaters? What about GrEE broke the balance with their LTE? When you have BD10 but it doesn't mean anything?

With new Events (30-50k each) you don't have to build buildings - you can take money by raids.
    You don' t need dragons, just 2-4 events - right now it is one week - and you will be stronger then player with 10 bd, 1500 dragons.

To complete LTE you have two ways: buy gems and cheat with energy. And no spot for player who doesn't ready to spend 50-100 $ per event or want to play without cheats, hacks.
    I started this thread to discuss gem spending. This thread is not to discuss cheaters. Cheaters should be called out to Gree directly by reporting them through a ticket. The discussion ends there.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    I started this thread to discuss gem spending. This thread is not to discuss cheaters. Cheaters should be called out to Gree directly by reporting them through a ticket. The discussion ends there.
    Sorry, yes, I understand but you know all is connected.

Fight on!
    Golden Griffin
    www.goldengriffin.org

Banned
    Post Count
    Let's not start this whole "we pay so you can play" thing again. Anyone that knows their way around the business world knows that in any social media outlet be it a game, dating site, or community site (facebook, twitter, etc.) knows that this game would continue on regardless of the gem spenders. If they didn't make the money from people buying gems they'd just get it by littering the game with advertisements. So let's stop this ridiculous notion of entitlement over free players. The game only wouldn't be available to play if a huge portion of the players (free and gem) stopped playing altogether.

Banned
    Post Count
    Also, lets be real... if you got pushed into a pool with an iphone and no water proof case... your phone is not coming back lol. Been there and done that even WITH a water proof case just recently a few weeks ago. That phone is more sensitive to the water than a person with Xeroderma pigmentosum is to the sun

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    Also, lets be real... if you got pushed into a pool with an iphone and no water proof case... your phone is not coming back lol. Been there and done that even WITH a water proof case just recently a few weeks ago. That phone is more sensitive to the water than a person with Xeroderma pigmentosum is to the sun
    Your case sucks then. I put mine into my cup of coffee last week while I was driving because I wasn't paying attention. I sprung for the expensive case because I'm accident prone. I only noticed it because it lit up with a message that said "this accessory is not optimized for the iPhone". Lol. I just took it out and wiped it off, and nothing was wrong. You get what you pay for, and Gree hates campers with an undying passion, because we got to be semi strong for free. Note the past tense.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Your case sucks then. I put mine into my cup of coffee last week while I was driving because I wasn't paying attention. I sprung for the expensive case because I'm accident prone. I only noticed it because it lit up with a message that said "this accessory is not optimized for the iPhone". Lol. I just took it out and wiped it off, and nothing was wrong. You get what you pay for, and Gree hates campers with an undying passion, because we got to be semi strong for free. Note the past tense.
    Nothing lasts forever, I payed $80 for that case (Lifeproof case) and it worked for a good amount of time but it failed on me eventually when I tried to record some manatees I was swimming with a couple of weeks ago

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Nothing lasts forever, I payed $80 for that case (Lifeproof case) and it worked for a good amount of time but it failed on me eventually when I tried to record some manatees I was swimming with a couple of weeks ago
    Oic. Apologies for jumping to conclusions. May I recommend the OtterBox? If you break your phone while its in the case they'll replace the phone.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Super off topic now.... But here's my two cents... Most of the "water proof" cases are only good till 3 feet of water. So drop in coffee cup, ok. Fall in pool deeper than 3 feet, not ok. Ok now back to KA.

Post Count
    Let's not start this whole "we pay so you can play" thing again. Anyone that knows their way around the business world knows that in any social media outlet be it a game, dating site, or community site (facebook, twitter, etc.) knows that this game would continue on regardless of the gem spenders. If they didn't make the money from people buying gems they'd just get it by littering the game with advertisements. So let's stop this ridiculous notion of entitlement over free players. The game only wouldn't be available to play if a huge portion of the players (free and gem) stopped playing altogether.
    I apologies, That wasnt the direction i was trying to go with this.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Lets be real,gem spending isn't the issue. the issue is LTQ. It inflated stats too fast and will make the game unplayable quickly.