The Benefits of Vandalism - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Benefits of Vandalism

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    BL: A simpler idea. If we are allowed this in concept, no defacing their hood. Simply pay Gree dollars or Gree gold to change their Avatar's appearance using Gree's set of features Harmless but gets the point across. Also if they are that strong and attack frequently they won't know who did it or how many times it was done!

How's that...a coding change..more money for Gree...and harmless to all. Heck they may even take it as a badge of honor a screwed up body/clothing meaning they are a PVP terror.
    Yeah, there are many ways they could go about this. Your suggestion seems more anonymous and it's making gree some gold. Not bad.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677
    Income per hour $1,945,169

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    The problem there will be no control over content what stop player from abuse it bully another player call them all sort profanity.
    Yeah, Bala, but people are already doing that on Walls. Like I said, if there are some parameters in which this is done, it could be pretty classy. Horse head in a bed...It could work.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    for 5 gems you can 'paint' a building with a choice from a list and it delays payout by an hour or 2 'to clean up'. With how closely some watch their building payouts, it could really mess someone up.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can understand why people might like the idea of this, but as I see it, it's pointless adding a feature which has no strategic implication whatsoever. It offers no value to the 'vandal' other than perhaps some short-lived, hollow satisfaction- the same type you'd get from 5hit-talking on someone's wall after they've stomped on you 10-0 and hit both your NCs.
    As for the re-coding or whatever which such a feature would necessitate, I can't remember Gree issuing a bug fix update that solved an issue without causing another one. Even implementing a long-standing, functionally sound feature from one game into another sees support flooded with over 9000 tickets within twenty minutes of going live. I'd be furious to have half of my buildings suddenly disappear for four days (a not altogether unreasonable scenario, given past form) because some gimp wanted to be clever and "get square" with me.
    I'm all for new elements which enhance gameplay or add depth to the game (the various events, modifier items, syndicate play) but I'd be inclined to pass on anything not related to the strategy of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Issaquah View Post
    for 5 gems you can 'paint' a building with a choice from a list and it delays payout by an hour or 2 'to clean up'. With how closely some watch their building payouts, it could really mess someone up.
    If I understand you correctly, you're saying you'd be prepared to spend cold, hard, IRL cash to be a minor nuisance to someone. Don't take this personally, but that does sound just a little bit sad, compared to, say, just sucking it up, changing your tampon and getting on with the game.

Post Count
    [QUOTE=k0de;659090]I can understand why people might like the idea of this, but as I see it, it's pointless adding a feature which has no strategic implication whatsoever. It offers no value to the 'vandal' other than perhaps some short-lived, hollow satisfaction- the same type you'd get from 5hit-talking on someone's wall after they've stomped on you 10-0 and hit both your NCs.
    As for the re-coding or whatever which such a feature would necessitate, I can't remember Gree issuing a bug fix update that solved an issue without causing another one. Even implementing a long-standing, functionally sound feature from one game into another sees support flooded with over 9000 tickets within twenty minutes of going live. I'd be furious to have half of my buildings suddenly disappear for four days (a not altogether unreasonable scenario, given past form) because some gimp wanted to be clever and "get square" with me.
    I'm all for new elements which enhance gameplay or add depth to the game (the various events, modifier items, syndicate play) but I'd be inclined to pass on anything not related to the strategy of play.

Kode, Have you been on this forum long? This place is littered with "short-lived, hollow satisfaction" plugs posted on 99% of the threads here. That's incentive right there. Transition that to CC and you have, well, the walls. All I'm saying is put some style to it; have a little fun. Is it strategic? No, but I would also say the majority of walls posts that happen on a daily basis hold no strategic value. It's just someone wanting to talk smack, and they occur on a pretty frequent basis. Do you have to put gold costs on it? Who knows. Who cares. People are just floating ideas here. But it's a forum and people are free to float whether they like an idea or not. No harm no foul. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Dumb idea. Rethink it broski...

RIP Henry Hill Jr. (June 11, 1943 – June 12, 2012)