The Benefits of Vandalism

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Benefits of Vandalism

Post Count

The Benefits of Vandalism

Ok, I wanted to throw it out there - would users enjoy the ability to vandalize other player's hoods? Let me play out a scenario - your hood was just ransacked by someone way beyond your means, retaliation wise, and you can't really do anything except take it square on the chin. Sure you can comment on their wall, and there may be some benefit to that, but would it be fun to knock down some street signs or use spray paint on buildings? Where you might not be able to retaliate physically (directly attacking the player) or monetarily, regardless of what atk/def they might have, you would always have to ability to spray paint their hood. Thoughts?
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677
    Income per hour $1,945,169

Banned
    Post Count
    I like it. That would be great, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    Ok, I wanted to throw it out there - would users enjoy the ability to vandalize other player's hoods? Let me play out a scenario - your hood was just ransacked by someone way beyond your means, retaliation wise, and you can't really do anything except take it square on the chin. Sure you can comment on their wall, and there may be some benefit to that, but would it be fun to knock down some street signs or use spray paint on buildings? Where you might not be able to retaliate physically (directly attacking the player) or monetarily, regardless of what atk/def they might have, you would always have to ability to spray paint their hood. Thoughts?

Banned
    Post Count
    I like the idea. The option would only be available when pressing the revenge button. Only as a means to get back at someone. Simly looking at the rivals list and vandalizing woud not be cool.

Post Count
    The problem there will be no control over content what stop player from abuse it bully another player call them all sort profanity.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    The problem there will be no control over content what stop player from abuse it bully another player call them all sort profanity.
    Yeah, I was going off of the idea of what we used to do in this game called counter strike. For the people you would take out, you could spray paint a predetermined picture over the body (That's where handle, Buddy Lee, first arrived) Believe you/me some of those spray paints players would use were profane. I don't know; if set with the right restrictions it could be fun. Even if they were pre-programmed vandalism signatures. Heck, we now have syndicates, it would be awesome to blast a syndicate stamp on someones hood. They wouldn't last forever, maybe a 24hr timeline.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677

Banned
    Post Count
    You can already do vandalism by posting on comment walls. If you can't retaliate against someone for whatever reason (you're too weak, rival has $0 IPH, rival is always too beat up, rival always collects on time, etc.), you can post on their comment wall. This accomplishes nothing, and neither would any form of actual hood vandalism unless you could do it anonymously... Because doing "stuff" like that is sure to get your name onto a few hitlists.

Post Count
    Can you imagine the number of penii that would be drawn if people were allowed to spray paint hoods?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Can you imagine the number of penii that would be drawn if people were allowed to spray paint hoods?

More than 6?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    That's be awesome. It could just be you click on the building, and have the options to vandalize. It would just put a few ugly lines across it. In order for gree to do this, there would have to be a gold cost though. The victim would have to spend game cash to clean it, or just leave it. Maybe it takes away 5% of the payout till it is cleaned.
    Bones Syndicate 589 889 953

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    BL: A simpler idea. If we are allowed this in concept, no defacing their hood. Simply pay Gree dollars or Gree gold to change their Avatar's appearance using Gree's set of features Harmless but gets the point across. Also if they are that strong and attack frequently they won't know who did it or how many times it was done!

How's that...a coding change..more money for Gree...and harmless to all. Heck they may even take it as a badge of honor a screwed up body/clothing meaning they are a PVP terror.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It would be like your character's hair, you have a few options to choose from, you can't go drawing penii all over the place, unless you select the pre-made one, but it has hairy testicles.
    Bones Syndicate 589 889 953

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    That's be awesome. It could just be you click on the building, and have the options to vandalize. It would just put a few ugly lines across it. In order for gree to do this, there would have to be a gold cost though. The victim would have to spend game cash to clean it, or just leave it. Maybe it takes away 5% of the payout till it is cleaned.
    Now we're on to something!

Banned
    Post Count

Shut up killjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post

Banned
    Post Count

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    You can already do vandalism by posting on comment walls. If you can't retaliate against someone for whatever reason (you're too weak, rival has $0 IPH, rival is always too beat up, rival always collects on time, etc.), you can post on their comment wall. This accomplishes nothing, and neither would any form of actual hood vandalism unless you could do it anonymously... Because doing "stuff" like that is sure to get your name onto a few hitlists.
    I tell you what - I was tagged last week on my wall. I was like, "ok, big deal". If someone had something plastered in the middle of my hood, I would take a little more notice to it; it would burn a little more. Anonymous - yeah, I could see that, but I would think there are some individuals who would post vandalism to peoples hoods, regardless of who it offended or what hitlist it had them put on.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677