A bit of Kingdom Age nostalgia here...

As we've been tracking our weakest of the strongest in another thread... I knew this day eventually would come. The day when my loyal Arcane Defender would finally fall off my board. And while I could have posted this in that thread (in fact I probably still will)... I felt this old guy deserved his own thread.

For any of the newer players who don't know... the Arcane Defender was the prize for KA's first and only IPH event a long, long time ago. It was given to the top 500 IPH players above 100... and the top 500 below 100. We weren't told ahead of time what the prize would be... So imagine my surprise and delight when I attacked someone and saw a new top unit on my attack screen.

Even though its 520/722 stats seem measly now... especially when compared to all the current LTQ prizes... This unit was a big deal at the time because it gave free players like myself such an awesome indestructible unit... which was hard to come by in the beginning if you were a free player. It wasn't until months later when LTQs came around (the one where the Vallata was the top prize) that I finally got a new top attacking unit.

Now you've fallen off my top 45...

Farewell, Arcane Defender, you've served me well...