Farewell, Arcane Defender

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Farewell, Arcane Defender

Post Count

Farewell, Arcane Defender

A bit of Kingdom Age nostalgia here...

As we've been tracking our weakest of the strongest in another thread... I knew this day eventually would come. The day when my loyal Arcane Defender would finally fall off my board. And while I could have posted this in that thread (in fact I probably still will)... I felt this old guy deserved his own thread.

For any of the newer players who don't know... the Arcane Defender was the prize for KA's first and only IPH event a long, long time ago. It was given to the top 500 IPH players above 100... and the top 500 below 100. We weren't told ahead of time what the prize would be... So imagine my surprise and delight when I attacked someone and saw a new top unit on my attack screen.

Even though its 520/722 stats seem measly now... especially when compared to all the current LTQ prizes... This unit was a big deal at the time because it gave free players like myself such an awesome indestructible unit... which was hard to come by in the beginning if you were a free player. It wasn't until months later when LTQs came around (the one where the Vallata was the top prize) that I finally got a new top attacking unit.

Now you've fallen off my top 45...

Farewell, Arcane Defender, you've served me well...

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Banned
    Post Count
    Just noticed mine has dropped off too, can't remember what it's original stats where 300 or so attack from memory but at the time was 10 times better than my next best unit.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Retirement can be glorious! Mine fell off a while ago? But I do remember the thrill!
    MW 635196434 Ninja Sasquatch
    KA 600615488 Titus
    http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...4D7B9E1439.jpg

Post Count
    I remember that contest. Sadly, I did not win that unit. But I just noted myself in the Weakest of your Strongest thread that my Vallata you mentioned, the first huge unit I got, was retired from my Top 45.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    A bit of Kingdom Age nostalgia here...

As we've been tracking our weakest of the strongest in another thread... I knew this day eventually would come. The day when my loyal Arcane Defender would finally fall off my board. And while I could have posted this in that thread (in fact I probably still will)... I felt this old guy deserved his own thread.

For any of the newer players who don't know... the Arcane Defender was the prize for KA's first and only IPH event a long, long time ago. It was given to the top 500 IPH players above 100... and the top 500 below 100. We weren't told ahead of time what the prize would be... So imagine my surprise and delight when I attacked someone and saw a new top unit on my attack screen.

Even though its 520/722 stats seem measly now... especially when compared to all the current LTQ prizes... This unit was a big deal at the time because it gave free players like myself such an awesome indestructible unit... which was hard to come by in the beginning if you were a free player. It wasn't until months later when LTQs came around (the one where the Vallata was the top prize) that I finally got a new top attacking unit.

Now you've fallen off my top 45...

Farewell, Arcane Defender, you've served me well...

There definitely should have been "patriotic" music playing as you describe your warrior going off into the sunset.
    Ents are trees in a hurry.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    /salute

I fear the day that my Doom Knight, which I got on the first box event I was in shortly after I joined the game, falls away himself.

Edit: I just checked my own list (on a delicious overvaulter) and it appears this day has already come thanks to this LTQ. So we mourn his passing belatedly.
    Last edited by Sir Marcus; 03-24-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    To make things worse my top 50 event units have also been retired from my top 45...what the hell is going on?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post
    To make things worse my top 50 event units have also been retired from my top 45...what the hell is going on?
    You are a victim of stat inflation. That's what's going on...

Banned
    Post Count
    SoccerStud... we all are

What cost you $2000 before, you can get for $10 now.

Post Count
    SoccerStud... we all are

I've doubled my stats since last month. 200k/175k to 400/350k. I'm in love with these events

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    But so has everyone else...
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    SoccerStud... we all are

That's why we are currently seeing the new breed of gem spenders coming in to play now where before you had a handful of 5+ Mountains a month players, now look how long it takes to get your GSP Bonus from 3-4 days now blown out to 2-3 weeks !!! And still processess manually by 1 Gree employee !
    Give it 3-6 months and the top order will change and old warriors slide into oblivion with their wealth overtaken by the young come uppers who want the title! Cause it all cheaper as your post Prop! How much did Glacious the Frzoen cost ?
    What it really worth now? I think I just got a unit with stats higher and it only cost about 100 gems! $5.49 , Bring back the valued units !

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    W stallion has not been active for a while, his stats are around 400K.

He is still a KA legend, of course.

Post Count
    Well, he won't be top 45 anymore, but at least he's still out there fighting for you!

During my first ever Box Event I got really lucky and ended up in the top 250 and got this guy has a prize:

For the longest time he was the #1 unit for both attack and defense. Since Gree has introduced LTQs and boosted prize units he has dropped to being my #43 unit type in the Battle Results screen. However, due to multiple copies of the same unit, he's actually my #57 on the depth chart in terms of attack power.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Post Count
    Oh, so that's when I got my Arcande Defender. Actually I never noticed the presence of the unit until someone posted on my wall congratulating me to achieving it.

It's still amongst my top 45, but since latest LTQ inflation it's steadily loosing it's position.

*hail*