Finally proof that casualty reduction items are broken

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally proof that casualty reduction items are broken

Banned
    Post Count

Finally proof that casualty reduction items are broken

Noticed since update cas have gone up a lot but didn't worry too much but just looked at bonuses and have noticed some item increase casualties instead of decreasing them.

My casualty modifiers

Building -18%
    Faction -5%
    Black Dragon fighter +20%
    Black Shark Helicopter +2%
    Desert Night Watchman +10%

Please fix this would explain why casualty modifiers seem useless since some actually increase not decrease the rate. Wonder how many thousands of units i have lost that i shouldn't have?

Post Count
    That looks pretty painful, I have yet to see what it has done to mine.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

We just checked the actual data in response to this and in the part where it is pulling for the actual calculation, everything is correct and all the same (no positive/negative value weirdness there). So there's some kind of display bug that is causing some of them to show up as positive in the stat view. We don't know why yet.

Again though, confirmed that none of them are actually adding to casualty rate in the calculation.

Post Count
    I have the same issue but thanks CJ for letting us know it is not actually doing that.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Banned
    Post Count
    Welcome back cj ,, I missed you

Post Count
    I pm'ed CJ that exact data two weeks ago. Must not of gotten the message?...:

Post Count
    Still doesn't explain this.

Black Shark Helicopter +2% Rate
    Black Dragon Fighter +20% Rate

Casualty Reduction indicated in the "Total Bonus" screen -17%

The reduction from the Infirmary reads correctly at -14%

This is the game which experienced the jump in casualties when the phantom faction correction update went through.

Consistent Contributor Brummied's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hi CJ 54

I respectfully disagree, ever since the ops jet pilot unit arrived in my squad I have suffered the reverse effect of the professed 20% reduction bonus, I can evidence this for you in maths in one instant, if I was actually getting a reduction to casualty rate then +4 casualties couldn't possibly take place on an iOS device! Yet it's happened to me! As have regular +3 casualties wen comparing this to friends battle results without the unit it very clear I've suffered an increase in casualty since the arrival of the unit. This is what sparked my arrival on the forums, my first ever post being a complaint of casualties, then being a bit green I didn't fully understand the cause! Please please please remove the unit from my inventory... Anything would be better than a few more month of inexplicable casualties and constant replacement of lost units! Better yet fix it! But please until it is fix I wish for this indestructible unit to be destroyed!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We just checked the actual data in response to this and in the part where it is pulling for the actual calculation, everything is correct and all the same (no positive/negative value weirdness there). So there's some kind of display bug that is causing some of them to show up as positive in the stat view. We don't know why yet.

Again though, confirmed that none of them are actually adding to casualty rate in the calculation.

Consistent Contributor bbprofitz's Avatar
    Post Count
    yeah i respectfully disagree here. i have had the level 5 infirmary building for a 10% casualty reduction for a while now, but have not noticed any type of reduction. on any given raid/fight, i would lose multiple units.

then i get the desert night watchman faction prize unit (with another 10% casualty reduction) and i immediately notice a HUGE difference. since getting this unit, i only lose a unit here or there in raids/fights.

just seems real odd that hundreds of people have questioned the infirmary's effectiveness, then on this update it shows up differently than the other casualty reduction boosts.

Level 80+ free player
    "big daddy" uk flag

Post Count
    The faction bonus shows as a positive number, but the infirmary reduction as a negative.

Some members of our faction claim to suffer abnormally large casualty rates.

Infirmary reduction:

Faction reduction:

I thought maybe that the faction screen said +20% before I did the app update...

Not sure how the -9% can show up as +20% like that...

Perhaps the screen should label as "infirmary casualty reduction" and "faction casualty reduction" instead of just two lines both saying casualty rate...
    Last edited by TEG; 03-21-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    CC 449-416-824 "Liquidator"
    MW 964-163-508 "Falconator"
    KA 761-895-802 "Merlinator"
    MQ 231-090-231 "Hulkinator"

Lurker
    Post Count
    I disagree that their isn't an issue with the casualty rate reduction as well. Over the past several days I lose valor and high level units like the transport raider faster than I can replace them. I have a total of 20% casualty reduction. -10% from infirmary and -10% from the Desert Night Watchmen. My attack is 101k and I just attacked a target who's defense was 55k less than my offense and I lost the following units in 10 attacks.

2 elite ops helicopter
    1 hardened marine
    1 expert attack drone
    1 transport raider
    1 stealth boat

This is very common over the past several days. It's at a point where I have to stop fighting, other wise I continue to get weaker because I can't replace the units fast enough.

Please fix this issue.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    Also respectfully disagree.

When I got my black dragon fighter my casualties, without a doubt, Increased by 20% instead of decreasing. Before I got the BDF my max casualties per battle always 4. Immediately after receiving it I consistently got 5 casualties per battle.

Post Count
    Look CJ,

This is an excellent opportunity for you to teach the developers some humility.

Maybe next time you get hundreds of players saying something is not right, you will not simply believe the "omniscient" developers that we are all just hallucinating and that it is impossible that there is a problem with the code.

Frankly I have no idea how such a mess with the "displaying" of the bonuses even passed the test. I mean if even the display is wrong, who tested it even deeper whether it actually functions right?
    Last edited by Ascent; 03-22-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Same problem here, my Elite Ops Helicopters, Hardened Marines and (especially!) Expert Attack Drones are dropping every single attack!

Articulate Author NakedCherryPie's Avatar
    Yer mother be so fat, she be falling off both sides of yer ship, ye toothless, sorry stowaway! ... L
    Post Count
    "Respectfully" agree with CJ. I haven't lost a unit in months.
    Attack - about a million
    Defense - over a million
    IPH - What's this? LMFAO
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. - Lou Holtz