FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    SS can also mean screen shot. This is done by simultaneously pressing the lock button and the home button on an iPhone.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Question : what is this "camping" I keep hearing about?

Answer : camping is defined, IMHO (in my humble opinion) as attempting to gain a statistical advantage over your peers by not gaining any experience and slowly building your IPH and army. This form of play, once very dominant at lower levels, is not currently recommended unless you intend to never ever level up; the advent of the LTQs and the changes to the rival list make any advantage offset or superseded by lost LTQ units and people simply attacking you with four times your allies. Note that this is still controversial, but once people understand that you can gain 25k+ stats in 5 days from an LTQ, it's simply not an argument based on logic any more.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Question:

How much gold can be plundered from you on a daily base ?

I seen a guy today with only 126k defence and 296k attack and he had 25347594 worth of gold with an iph of 9798

How do you keep that much gold out and no one takes it there are people out there that has more attack power then him it would be gone by now so there must be a cap on how much gold people can attack you for

Thanks

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanger View Post
    Question:

How much gold can be plundered from you on a daily base ?

I seen a guy today with only 126k defence and 296k attack and he had 25347594 worth of gold with an iph of 9798

How do you keep that much gold out and no one takes it there are people out there that has more attack power then him it would be gone by now so there must be a cap on how much gold people can attack you for

Thanks
    Question : how much gold can you lose?

Answer: this answer has changed recently. The correct answer is now 120k every four hours. You lose 10% of your unvaulted gold in a loss to an attacker, capped on a per attack basis at 9999 gold. You can be attacked a maximum of 12 times before the message "too weak to attack" pops up for your attacker. Note, these limits are much smaller at the lower levels, slowly building to those limits as you level up.

Question : how does raiding work?

Answer : you may only raid buildings that are past their collection times but haven't yet been collected by their owner. This can be seen by the red bar above the building. If this bar is present, you may raid it. If it isn't, you'll get the message "already been pillaged". This is why you normally don't see many long time collection buildings able to raid. At the same time, these buildings are the ones you really want to raid. The income from a successful raid is 15%/15%/30% (of the buildings output) over 1/2/3 successful raids, at which point the building turns to rubble and you have obtained 60% of the output of the building. Given that the longer term buildings typically have the highest output per collection, these are the highest value for raids. Always collect yours on time, and punish others who don't. .

Question : how much do I get for selling a building?

Answer : you get half of the (NON discounted, out of the box, original) price of either the construction cost (for level 1) buildings, or the latest upgrade (for upgraded buildings).

For example, you get 125k for a level one manor, regardless of how much you paid to build it. You get 210k for a level 2 manor, regardless of how much you paid to upgrade it. Note that this is horribly inefficient for upgraded buildings, as you paid 670k for that level 2 manor. What about gem buildings, you ask? You get nothing for selling a gem building. You were warned.

Question : do gem buildings upgrade with gems or gold?

Answer : gold. And lots of it. They're normally more expensive than a similar building of the same level, but cheaper than the equivalent building of a higher level. Example gold mine is much more expensive (and faster to upgrade) than the inn, but the gold mine is much cheaper than the lender, and much much faster to boot.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-23-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Post Count
    Shinazueli, first of all thank you for all of your answers here and your help. While I agree with your definition of camping I respectfully disagree with your statement of it’s not recommended. I don’t mean this to be an argument to your statement but just a difference of opinion (IMHO as you've stated )….

It depends on your playing style and what you want out of this game. I’ve been playing KA since it was launched and am only lvl 37. I am defined as a camper. However, I have done the last five boss events and also do some of the LTQ’s in a limited fashion. I choose to be camper/semi-camper for a couple reasons: 1) Life commitments (wife, children, work, etc…). I’ve chosen a camping guild because of the time required to participate in the battles. Trying to place as a top 250 guild will require a lot of time from your real life (and in most cases a lot of $). And 2) I don’t have to keep up with the Jones’s. I’m strong for my low level but there’s no way I can level up and keep up with the likes of The1, Winstrol, Jonny, Proprioc3ption (many others I’m sure) in terms of their strength in this game, whether I do the LTQ’s or not.

Many people think being a camper is boring. I don’t, I enjoy it. I am in a guild full of campers that enjoy it. The most important thing is to have fun and play the way you want to play... Buy gems, don’t buy gems, level fast, camp, etc… It’s your game, do with it what you want. That’s Logic. I bought a big RV when this game started (because I like to camp in comfort ) 

Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Question : what is this "camping" I keep hearing about?

Answer : camping is defined, IMHO (in my humble opinion) as attempting to gain a statistical advantage over your peers by not gaining any experience and slowly building your IPH and army. This form of play, once very dominant at lower levels, is not currently recommended unless you intend to never ever level up; the advent of the LTQs and the changes to the rival list make any advantage offset or superseded by lost LTQ units and people simply attacking you with four times your allies. Note that this is still controversial, but once people understand that you can gain 25k+ stats in 5 days from an LTQ, it's simply not an argument based on logic any more.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You sound like the type of player I was referring to when I said "never ever level up". It's still possible to do this, but any advantage you have gained is offset by another player participating in the LTQ to the max of their ability, regardless of experience gained. I'm not saying camping is bad, I did it for the best part of seven months, and it was fun being invincible, before they broke it. I'm saying that it no longer gives you any advantage. You just haven't yet leveled to the point where you can see the LTQ'ers on your radar.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Post Count
    Thank you for your time and answer

Consistent Contributor itsaklayton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Question: in the upcoming battles, how will your allies factor in who you are pitted against? Or is this not really a factor as you can barely track your allies since the changes to the attack/raid list. I realize I may have answered my own question, but I seek confirmation.
    Lady Vishna 305-117-374
    {sA-} (Founder and Officer)
    Owner of DAUTHUS
    Owner of DALETH - 9th Guild to Receive
    Battle for Shipwreck Cove - 15th
    Dagon's Delta - 22nd; Glacial Pass - 15th; Giant's Alley - 14th
    Darkhome - 13th; Dwarven Mines - 12th; Blighted Woods - 14th; Dragon's Roost - 25th

Post Count
    New question

I have 500 allies and when I do quest it say you have gained an alliance member but it don't go over 500 yet I see people out there with 526 and 530 members is it a glitch or should I send in a ticket to get my extra members ?

Thanks

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You are seeing how many allies they actually have. You can only use 500 allies, full stop. You can, however, ally with 38464849 people, if you so desire. They just won't add anything more to your stats.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by itsaklayton View Post
    Question: in the upcoming battles, how will your allies factor in who you are pitted against? Or is this not really a factor as you can barely track your allies since the changes to the attack/raid list. I realize I may have answered my own question, but I seek confirmation.
    The events I've played in MW and cc seem to match first overall guild stats and then defense lead. (Guild guardian). After the GG is down, however, you are open game, so max allies is highly recommended, because max ally people will be able to attack you.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have added some of the recent questions and answers to the OP, thank you to everyone keeping this thread going. Special thanks to Shinazueli for providing a number of questions and answers. Q and A's have been tweaked as usual

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    A: Gold, and lots of it. They're normally more expensive than a similar building of the same level, but cheaper than the equivalent building of a higher level. Example gold mine is much more expensive (and faster to upgrade, all gem buildings are faster to upgrade) than the inn, but the gold mine is much cheaper than the lender, and much faster to upgrade.

One small correction, not all the gold buildings are faster. The WMs are kind of slow. So just change "all" to "most".

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    A: Gold, and lots of it. They're normally more expensive than a similar building of the same level, but cheaper than the equivalent building of a higher level. Example gold mine is much more expensive (and faster to upgrade, all gem buildings are faster to upgrade) than the inn, but the gold mine is much cheaper than the lender, and much faster to upgrade.

One small correction, not all the gold buildings are faster. The WMs are kind of slow. So just change "all" to "most".
    True, changed appropriately

Post Count
    Once the event starts will guild members be able to "jump ship" to join say a stronger guild for better rewards?