FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Post Count
    Yes, in KA, the health potion only gives you a half bar of health.
    So, spend 10 gems, get the half bar, WAIT ONE MINUTE, then hit the boss 3 times. If you don't wait the 1 minute either at the start or after the first hit, you will only get 2 hits for your 10 gems.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by echus14 View Post
    Yes, in KA, the health potion only gives you a half bar of health.
    So, spend 10 gems, get the half bar, WAIT ONE MINUTE, then hit the boss 3 times. If you don't wait the 1 minute either at the start or after the first hit, you will only get 2 hits for your 10 gems.
    fixed it, thanks echus

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    If I purchase the cure potion it only brings me up to 50% health so I can only hit him a max of 3 times not 5. That's with the 10gem cure potion. Is there something I am missing?
    The reason for this discrepancy is because this was also copy pasted from another Gree game, where the health refill costs 20 gems and restores all health, thus giving you 5 hits. The KA version is actually better.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    If anyone has the old equation to how the hero strength affects the characters damage in PvE, could you please post it here so I can update my current Q and A on how your character made a low hit against a monster

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    If anyone has the old equation to how the hero strength affects the characters damage in PvE, could you please post it here so I can update my current Q and A on how your character made a low hit against a monster
    If I remember correctly it was (HS + WA + AA - MD) * +or-rand(20%), where HS is hero strength WA is weapon attack AA is armor attack MD is mob defense and random is random.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Now for a real question : does the hero's defense do anything at all? I don't think it's used in any of the calculations. It certainly does NOT reduce the amount of damage your hero takes, which would be nice....

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    If I remember correctly it was (HS + WA + AA - MD) * +or-rand(20%), where HS is hero strength WA is weapon attack AA is armor attack MD is mob defense and random is random.
    Thanks, I'll add it to the OP until someone says it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Now for a real question : does the hero's defense do anything at all? I don't think it's used in any of the calculations. It certainly does NOT reduce the amount of damage your hero takes, which would be nice....
    I'm pretty sure it affects the chance of the monster missing an attack on you

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    I'm pretty sure it affects the chance of the monster missing an attack on you
    It is just anecdotal, but when I won Cupid's Bow (free, no gems!), I noticed that I was getting hit by enemies during PvE a lot less.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Orly. That's nice. Thanks, it's an avoidance score. Ok.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Map level rewards

(Thought I read this somewhere, but can't find it again)

What are the rewards for each level (1-5) attained on a map location? For example, I know finishing level 4 gets you an extra skill point, something I wish I had realized earlier. I think this info helps new players decide which strategy to follow, i.e., zipping through maps doing quests, but not leveling them completely, or farming them for skill points or max amount increase from enemies, etc.

I realize there is a sticky for the level 5 reward drops, but not the interim gains.

Thanks, and super thread, GG.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
    (Thought I read this somewhere, but can't find it again)

What are the rewards for each level (1-5) attained on a map location? For example, I know finishing level 4 gets you an extra skill point, something I wish I had realized earlier. I think this info helps new players decide which strategy to follow, i.e., zipping through maps doing quests, but not leveling them completely, or farming them for skill points or max amount increase from enemies, etc.

I realize there is a sticky for the level 5 reward drops, but not the interim gains.

Thanks, and super thread, GG.
    Level 3 get you honor points
    level 4 gives you 1 skill point
    level 5 gives you an indestructible unit (see link below for list of units per map)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Level-5-Drops

Lurker
    Post Count

Dark Forest

For me, The Dark Forest will not load any enemies except for the muckmire caverns and my own shadow. If anyone else has had this problem how did you fix it? So far customer support has done nothing.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Delete and reinstall the game. You won't lose anything. It may take several tries.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Psishin View Post
    For me, The Dark Forest will not load any enemies except for the muckmire caverns and my own shadow. If anyone else has had this problem how did you fix it? So far customer support has done nothing.
    delete and leave it like that ... save yourself some money )
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This thread should be sticky, excellent info here. Thank you so much for all contributors! I wish I had a thread like this when I started to play KA.