FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Banned
    Post Count

Question FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

I'm making this thread because though we have threads like the random quickie questions thread and the sticky threads for guides to new players we still see some players who can't find where in some threads those very redundant questions have been answered.

So post your FAQ's that you see very often with an answer to it and I'll add it to the OP (Original Post) and if you are new and don't see your question answered it then post your question and we'll try to answer it and also add it to the OP. I'll also try to have all acronyms answered since sometimes we just don't know what someone meant when they throw one out there.

I know when I first started it took some reading before I got a hold of some of the stuff in the game. The forums is a great place to learn about the game but the answers to the questions we have get drowned into the old posts and threads. We all were new players at some point so here we go, lets make things easier!

ACRONYMS:

IGN=In Game Name
    IPH=Income Per Hour
    OP=Original Post
    LTQ=Limited Time Quest
    LTE=Limited Time Event
    A/D=Attack/Defence
    SS=Spreadsheet or Screen Shot
    PvP=Player versus Player
    PvE=Player versus Environment
    Mob=Mobile Character Unit (not actually an acronym)
    CP=Conquest Points

QUESTIONS:

Q: Why doesn't the new armor or weapon I just obtained show up under as my "Best Armor" or "Best Weapon?"
    A: Each weapon and armor is usually assigned to a certain class that you picked at the beginning of the game (Rouge, Mage, or Warrior) but is sometimes (usually as big reward items) assigned to all classes. If it doesn't show up as your best weapon or armor then that means that it is either not your best or not for your characters class.

Q: What is the point of loot? Does it have any purpose?
    A: Currently there is no valuable point to loot as it only serves as a collectible to finish parts to quests most of the time. Right now they only serve as trophies for you to look back on (if you care to do that at all) but it has been suggested by some players that GREE adds some of the more harder obtained loot items to some sort of trophy case idea

Q: Why can't I make a signature or post threads?
    A: New forum members don't have access to certain privileges until they have reached a certain number of posts, the first being 10 posts.

Q: How do I edit my profile or change my signature (the footnote at the bottom of your posts)?
    A: Scroll up, click the "Forum Actions" drop down button, click "Edit Profile," scroll down and click "Edit Signature" on the left bar of the screen.

Q: When do I become a regular forum member?
    A: Forum member titles are actually acquired by the number of posts you have made in this order: 0-29=new member, 30-99=Member, 100 or more=Senior Member

Q: What are stones and how do I get them?
    A: Stones are used purely in guilds for building guild walls which are used for defence in the Conquest of Kings. They are obtained only from attacking other players, not from raiding them. They have no personal use so if you have them you might as well just donate them. To see how many you have you must click on the guild tab and it will be listed in the top right corner. Stones can not be stolen from you either.

Q: How do I hit the Boss for 13 hits (using free/gold hits)?
    A: hit 3 times, wait 1 minute (timer should say 1:57 or so) hit 2 more times. 5 hits
    at the 1:30 mark hit him twice. 7 hits
    at the 1:03 mark hit him twice. 9 hits
    at the 0:36 mark hit him twice. 11 hits
    at the 0:10 mark hit him twice. 13 hits
    this gives you 10 minutes to use cure potions and finish him off if the first 13 didn't do it. buy a cure potion (gives half health), wait 1 minute, hit 3 more times. 3 hits for each cure potion

Q: I can't defeat the boss very many times! What gives?
    A: The boss gets extremely hard above level 100. Unless you camp hard, you will not be able to defeat the boss 30 times without spending gems. There are level based brackets every 25 levels until level 100 that give the bosses more health for you to defeat in the NEXT Boss Event each time you enter these level brackets.

Q: I only got 9 boxes and I attempted the tenth (x) amount of times! What gives?
    A: The next or last box (in a collect ten event) and each successive box (in an auction event) have increasingly smaller chances to contain the quest item. They designed it this way to make each box closer to the end harder (or seemingly impossible) to obtain.

Q: Why did I lose this fight even though I have (x) more stats than this other person?
    A: There is a random percentage modifier on both players stats that goes on behind the scenes. There's also a percentage modifier based on both players attack and defense skill point allocation. This basically means that you can almost never guarantee you will win a fight with the information available to you in game. This being the design intent, to "add mystery to pvp"

Q: Help! Why am I being attacked by someone much higher in level than me!
    A: One of two ways this can occur:
    1. you attacked someone, camped, they leveled, but you are on their newsfeed for months. You are open game until you fall off their newsfeed. That can take a while.
    2. The other reason is you are in the "whale" zone, above level ~130. This means you are now an eligible target for the level 200 players. The reason the brackets get wider is because there aren't as many players that high level (though the LTQs are fixing this) so in order for the level 200 players to have a reasonably "full" battle list, the listing algorithm has to look farther and farther down in levels to find people. The only way to avoid this is to not level up that high.

Q: Why doesn't my A/D change when I buy more units?
    A: Your A/D is a function of the strongest offensive and defensive units that you can take to battle (the # of units you can take to battle is determined by your ally count x3) and the equipment they carry (one weapon and armor per unit). Work out what your lowest stat unit going into battle is and buy units that have higher stats. Your A/D will increase by the difference in stats between your new unit and the old. (e.g. 100/100 unit replaces a 50/50 unit, stat increase = 50/50 A/D).

Q: My hero strength has (x) amount of skill points on it and I have a weapon with (x) amount of damage yet I made a hit much lower than the combined two stats, how is this possible?
    A: The hero strength skill points don't actually add on a definite number to you characters attack but rather are involved in a complex equation that uses a multiplier to decide the value of the hit you will make at random. While it is considered that each hero strength skill point will add an extra damage point to your attack that is only true in the fact that it CAN hit that high but can also hit lower due to the random multiplier.
    Equation: (HS + WA + AA - MD) * +or-rand(20%), where HS is hero strength WA is weapon attack AA is armor attack MD is mob defense and random is random.

Q: what is this "camping" I keep hearing about?
    A: camping is defined as attempting to gain a statistical advantage over your peers by not gaining any experience and slowly building your IPH and army. This form of play, once very dominant at lower levels, is not currently recommended unless you intend to never ever level up; the advent of the LTQs and the changes to the rival list make any advantage offset or superseded by lost LTQ units and people simply attacking you with four times your allies. Note that this is still controversial, but once people understand that you can gain 25k+ stats (at this time) in 5 days from an LTQ, it's not advantageous to camp if you intend on leveling up in the future.

Q: How much gold can you lose from being attacked?
    A: this answer has changed recently. The correct answer is now 120k every four hours. You lose 10% of your unvaulted gold in a loss to an attacker, capped on a per attack basis at 9999 gold. You can be attacked a maximum of 12 times before the message "too weak to attack" pops up for your attacker. Note, these limits are much smaller at the lower levels, slowly building to those limits as you level up.

Q: How does raiding work?
    A: You may only raid buildings that are past their collection times but haven't yet been collected by their owner. This can be seen by the red bar above the building. If this bar is present, you may raid it. If it isn't, you'll get the message "already been pillaged". This is why you normally don't see many long time collection buildings able to raid. At the same time, these buildings are the ones you really want to raid. The income from a successful raid is 15%/15%/30% (of the buildings output) over 1/2/3 successful raids, at which point the building turns to rubble and you have obtained 60% of the output of the building. Given that the longer term buildings typically have the highest output per collection, these are the highest value for raids. So remember to collect on time!

Q: How much do I get for selling a building?
    A: you get half of the (NON discounted, out of the box, original) price of either the construction cost (for level 1) buildings, or the latest upgrade (for upgraded buildings). For example, you get 125k for a level one manor, regardless of how much you paid to build it. You get 210k for a level 2 manor, regardless of how much you paid to upgrade it. Note that this is horribly inefficient for upgraded buildings, as you paid 670k for that level 2 manor. What about gem buildings, you ask? You get nothing for selling a gem building.

Q: Do gem buildings upgrade with gems or gold?
    A: Gold, and lots of it. They're normally more expensive than a similar building of the same level, but cheaper than the equivalent building of a higher level. Example gold mine is much more expensive (and faster to upgrade, most gem buildings are faster to upgrade) than the inn, but the gold mine is much cheaper than the lender, and much faster to upgrade.

Q: Why do I see someone with over 500 allies in their profile when supposedly you can only have 500?
    A: You are seeing how many allies they actually have, but you can only bring 500 allies to battle. You can, however, ally with as many people as your heart desires, they just won't add anything more to your stats.

Q: Help! I hear the new LTQ has started but I don't see it available in my quests tab! Is this a glitch? What's wrong?
    A: It's not a glitch and nothing is wrong. Each LTQ will have a level requirement before it shows up in your quest tab and that level requirement is based on the highest level map used in that specific LTQ. This will vary often as the highest map may be unlocked at a low level or it may be the highest map available. To see what level you unlock maps at, simply click on the maps tab and look at the ones you haven't unlocked yet. Don't get angry if you can't see it yet, you have two options: 1. Level up to the required level to participate 2. Wait for an LTQ that has a level requirement you meet.

Q: What is the Heroic mode everyone talks about in the LTQ's?
    A: Normal mode is the first round of the LTQ often listed in your quest page as the title of the quest followed by a (1/40) or how ever many stages to the quest are listed. After completing the last of the stages (we'll say 40/40 for example) listed, the LTQ will reset back to the first stage again to start a second round called Heroic Mode. After completing the second round known as Heroic Mode you will earn the prize listed on the splash screen you get for the event.

I can't think of everything off the top of my head myself so please post here to help me complete this and make it easier for new players to find the answers to those questions most of us know but they can't find.
    Thanks to everyone who supports this thread!
    Last edited by GreenGuru; 04-23-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    I'm reserving the second post in case I need extra room for posting questions:

Just thought of a use for post number 2, here we can keep a collaboration off all the spread sheets being used by people:

SPREADSHEETS:

General Spreadsheet database containing most information:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=true&gid=50

Boss Health Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Unh0elE#gid=93

Guild Bonus and Wall Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nh0elE#gid=120

Money Buildings (same sheet as first spreadsheet):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=281

History of LTQ's/LTE's:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eXlEeUE#gid=12
    Last edited by GreenGuru; 03-22-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Also reserving the third post just in case:

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    That's fine. I'll post some more when I can think of them. The boss health line needs to be cleared up, it's almost confusing to me and I know what you are trying to say.

This isn't my spreadsheet, but it's the only one I ever need.

Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks Shin, I edited your Q's and A's a little bit to either make them more general or to avoid the moderators getting upset over "bad language" or talking about the things people don't like about them.

If anyone reads these answers and feels they can provide a better/more updated/more specific answer please post it here and mention that you think it's better fit as an answer and I will consider replacing the said answer.

Don't forget to post your spreadsheets you think might be helpful to everyone so I can add it to the Spreedsheets section in the second post

Post Count
    acronyms -
    PvP - Player vs. Player
    PvE - Player vs. Environment
    Mob - Mobile character unit

FAQs -
    Why doesn't my A/D change when I buy more units?
    Your A/D is a function of the strongest offensive and defensive units that you can take to battle, which is determined by your ally count. Work out what you lowest stat unit going into battle is - and buy units that have higher stats. Your A/D will increase by the difference in stats between your new unit and the old. (e.g. 100 Attack unit replaces a 50 Attack unit, stat increase =50).
    KA [DW] Angel 273-518-398
    MQ Nakor 683-670-209

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel 2 View Post
    acronyms -
    PvP - Player vs. Player
    PvE - Player vs. Environment
    Mob - Mobile character unit

FAQs -
    Why doesn't my A/D change when I buy more units?
    Your A/D is a function of the strongest offensive and defensive units that you can take to battle, which is determined by your ally count. Work out what you lowest stat unit going into battle is - and buy units that have higher stats. Your A/D will increase by the difference in stats between your new unit and the old. (e.g. 100 Attack unit replaces a 50 Attack unit, stat increase =50).
    Clarification.

Your A/D is calculated like this : Take allies. Multiply by 3 units per ally. Multiply each unit by the appropriate building boost, if any. Add 3 weapons & 3 armor per ally. Like so.

You have 100 hydras(60/58 beast), and you have 30 allies. This means you can bring only 90 of your hydras. Lets assume you have 30 each of the store bought w/a (14/21 and 10/25). Lets assume your beast kennel is level 5(+10% to beasts). Then your Attack will be (60 * 90 * 1.1) + (10 * 30) + (14 * 30) = attack. (Around 6660). Defense would be (58 * 90 * 1.1) + (25 * 30) + (22 * 30) = defense score. (~7152). Note that these calculations always use your best units and w/a first, so if you have too many units, the weaker ones count for nothing.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    That's fine. I'll post some more when I can think of them. The boss health line needs to be cleared up, it's almost confusing to me and I know what you are trying to say.

This isn't my spreadsheet, but it's the only one I ever need.

Do you mean the one about the 13 hits or the one you gave and I edited?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post

Q: I can't defeat the boss very many times! What gives?
    A: The boss gets extremely hard above level 100. Unless you camp hard, you will not be able to defeat the boss 30 times without spending gems. There are level based brackets every 25 levels until level 100 that give the bosses more health for you to defeat in the NEXT Boss Event each time you enter these level brackets.
    This part. The third sentence.

Consistent Contributor MistaMasta's Avatar
    Post Count
    In Guilds i can see that i can promote some one to officer, does it have any benefits for our team?

Consistent Contributor MidnightExpress's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaMasta View Post
    In Guilds i can see that i can promote some one to officer, does it have any benefits for our team?
    MM, after spamming the Forum with your posts of recruitment, I'm supprised you are now asking for guidance. I for one think you need to Respect this Forum before asking for help.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaMasta View Post
    No. Just your sanity. They get some more privileges, so you don't have to do everything.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightExpress View Post
    MM, after spamming the Forum with your posts of recruitment, I'm supprised you are now asking for guidance. I for one think you need to Respect this Forum before asking for help.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, given that he's new and can spell.

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count

Med kits/cure potion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    Q: How do I hit the Boss for 13 hits (using free/gold hits)?
    A: hit 3 times, wait 1 minute (timer should say 1:57 or so) hit 2 more times. 5 hits
    at the 1:30 mark hit him twice. 7 hits
    at the 1:03 mark hit him twice. 9 hits
    at the 0:36 mark hit him twice. 11 hits
    at the 0:10 mark hit him twice. 13 hits
    this gives you 10 minutes to use med kits and finish him off if the first 13 didn't do it. buy a med kit, hit 3 times, wait 1 minute, hit 2 more times. 5 hits for each med kit
    If I purchase the cure potion it only brings me up to 50% health so I can only hit him a max of 3 times not 5. That's with the 10gem cure potion. Is there something I am missing?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    If I purchase the cure potion it only brings me up to 50% health so I can only hit him a max of 3 times not 5. That's with the 10gem cure potion. Is there something I am missing?
    I don't know, I copied and pasted this from an old post I saved that I thought gave a good and simple explanation of how to do 13 hits. I haven't used the cure potion in a long time, you say it only heals 50% now? Anyone else confirm this?