Tap joy

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tap joy

Post Count

Tap joy

I have 2 KA accounts, iPad and iPhone. They don't use the same system to acquire free gems. Account 1 makes me download apps and rewards me with 1-3 gems per instal. Account 2 simply requires to watch videos that can be up to 30 seconds long and rewards one gems per video. The number of videos you may watch varies at times.

Why is this different ?

How can I make both Account 1 the same as Account 2?

Post Count
    I agree. I would like to know why I am unable to use the video system on my iPad.
    Also I havnt been able to access any videos on my iPhone for around 3 or 4 days now.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count

Watch videos but no Gems

I have an ipad and it requires me to watch videos for gems. But the past couple days i watch about 20 videos but only get credited like 1 gem. So i am having problems with Adcolony crediting me.

Post Count

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    I agree. I would like to know why I am unable to use the video system on my iPad.
    Also I havnt been able to access any videos on my iPhone for around 3 or 4 days now.
    Same thing for me...!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    On my first iPad account, it was a mixed up Tapjoy configuration, some videos, some one-click-give-your-info things, but the videos never worked. Then after an update, it went to the daily videos, as long as there wasn't an ongoing LTE/LTQ or gem sale, in which the function was disabled. I watched as many as I could a day, and actually downloaded a a game app or two that had been advertised, so I consider it an effective marketing tool for me. (I studiously turn my head to avoid the burger ads - a girl's gotta watch her figure, you know?)

Then I rerolled my character when I upgraded my iPad, I got stuck with the Tapjoy option, which I will never participate in because most sites require your credit card info. So NOT an effective marketing tool for me.

Finally started an account on my phone, and was thrilled to see the videos were my option!

It seems that the videos vs Tapjoy method is randomized per installation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I wondered why people were able to watch for gems! I have been pulling my hair out... but at least i'm not the only 1!

Lurker
    Post Count

anyone got an answer from gree?

anyone managed to solve this or get an answer from gree?
    opened a ticket but seems to be dead in the water

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by remedayin View Post
    You ever wonder why a business will ask: How did you hear about us? Because they want to figure out where to put their marketing dollars, ie., radio ads, the Internet, tv commercials, print ads, the sides of telephones booths, etc.

Gree is trying to generate ad income several different ways (T-joy vs videos), and unless one method seriously pulls forward as a money earner, I suspect we will continue to have a variety of methods thrust upon us.

Hey, it's better than in-game ad banners! At least this way we have a choice whether to watch that video or not, or download that app!

Post Count
    I haven't had the choice to watch videos since they added the free gems feature, and I'm having the same problem on MW I used to watch videos for free gold all the time then it just disappeared one day, I only play MW and KA on my phone.
    Battle for Dragon's Roost - 25th Place
    Battle for Blighted Woods - 14th Place
    Battle for Dwarven Mines - 12th Place
    Battle for Darkhome - 13th Place

Current guild bonuses:
    Casualty Rate: -14%
    Helath Regen Time: -5%
    Upgrade Cost Reduction: -23%
    Building Upgrade Time: -23%
    Guild Member Increase: +24

Consistent Contributor Klassenr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Post Count
    I sent a ticket couple weeks ago regarding the same issues and Gree responded saying this is not their issue and i must submit the ticket to Tapjoy. They are aware of the issue but dont care. I can post the exact email if interested, but this is a precise summary.

KA - Pauxly & Gimin

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Damn free gems button, it has always behaved wonky for me. Sometimes I would get 4 videos, and others nothing. I guess its one of the ways that they tease you.

Post Count
    The free gems videos still don't work for me. 8 days since my last post.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Never seen one vid on my ipad all I have is the tap joy list, the web site for tap joy is better tho it has free offers for gems all you need do is try out a game get the gems, if you don't like the free game/app you downloaded, deleat it.
    Daily player

Post Count

Thumbs up Problem solved for me

After sending two tickets to Gree, they seem to have solved the problem! If problem persists for someone, send them ticket. It worked for me. I can watch movies to obtain free gems again.

Post Count
    After watching the video dont jump out of game or you wont get the gems. Go back to your kingdom and wait about 2 to 3 min the gems should appear. If you watching videos on the way out and jump out before the game gets a chance to register you will not receive the gems for the videos you watched. Hope that helps.