Update: Battle for Dragon's Roost date has changed - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Battle for Dragon's Roost date has changed

Post Count
    Does it strike anyone else as ironic that the game that wants to change its name to "Kingdom Crusades" is simultaneously making it so that practicing Christians are at a HUGE disadvantage in the first crusade?

Do TPTB have no concept of what this is going to do to guilds who have players that were going to be present full-time were the crusade this weekend, but now will have players there like half that time, and in our case, one of our strongest players not able to participate AT ALL because of the last-second change in start date? It's tantamount to persecuting Christians! It means anyone who has no practicing Christians (as in, celebrates Easter over many masses / family gatherings / etc. over the course of Friday - Sunday) in their guild get a HUGE advantage over us.

I think we all would MUCH rather a first crusade with a few bumps in the road (which would be expected in any case), on the dates we have planned for, than one that (perhaps) runs a little more smoothly but punishes Christians for no apparent reason.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    To everyone else who is complaining about it, I guarantee you guys will still spend just as much as you would if the war was this weekend. Simply because you guys couldnt bear falling behind everyone else.
    Not true. At all. Many members of my guild, and I'm sure my guild is not the only one, have numerous family and religious obligations next weekend that do not occur any other weekend of the year. To participate next weekend as they could this weekend would be to shun family gathered for the occasion AND to ignore their religious obligations. It's not the same AT ALL. It is going to make a huge difference in what guilds do well in this battle. It mean the more Christian your guild, the less chances, MUCH less chances, you will have to score conquest points.

And as a guild officer, what am I to do? Kick people out for being Christian so we have a chance? Obviously not. Instead, our guild will do a lot less well because of this unexplained last-second change. You BET I'm going to complain about it. It is tantamount to punishing guild for having Christians in them.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 03-19-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Consistent Contributor MistaMasta's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Not true. At all. Many members of my guild, and I'm sure my guild is not the only one, have numerous family and religious obligations next weekend that do not occur any other weekend of the year. To participate next weekend as they could this weekend would be to shun family gathered for the occasion AND to ignore their religious obligations. It's not the same AT ALL. It is going to make a huge difference in what guilds do well in this battle. It mean the more Christian your guild, the less chances, MUCH less chances, you will have to score conquest points.

And as a guild officer, what am I to do? Kick people out for being Christian so we have a chance? Obviously not. Instead, our guild will do a lot less well because of this unexplained last-second change. You BET I'm going to complain about it. It is tantamount to punishing guild for having Christians in them.

Weird ****,

Anybody may join Kingdom Slayers, we don't care about believes, everybody is welcome, and can play anytime you want to.

Free to join, free to leave thats all

Kingdom Slayers - 727-429-497

Guild: Kingdom Slayers
    Guild code: 727 429 497
    Tag: KS1
    Members: 20/26
    Upgrade cost: -14%
    Building upgrade time: -14%
    Member increase: +6
    Activity: hourly and ver active players only
    Group chat/notifications: GroupMe App
    Walls: allot, and fully upgraded
    Guild gold: enough
    Description: To Be The Best

Post Count
    Wow. I wll have 4 battles in that date. Please move it forward one more week

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Dear GREE

I won't be playing much from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. All the family events? You all should know that many people will be in this boat. We won't be spending money when we're not playing because we're at various church or family functions.

So if you want to make more money, then you ought to move the event OFF two major holiday events.

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dear Gree,

Similar to others, please reconsider changing the date so that it does not conflict with Easter weekend. Also, sounds like other battles for other games will happen concurrently.
    I am editing my resume and adding Beta Tester.

Post Count
    Why on earth would you start on the same day the battles in Kingdom and Modern and I don't know about Crime. This is crazy. Your whole mission is money just like any other publicly traded company and you making people choose witch one they want to win the most. I won't buy gems and gold and I know there are those that will but no one with half a brain. I heard a rumor that you were starting them the same day and I said they are not stupid they won't do that. Well I guess I'm the stupid one. I will say again. This is crazy!!!!!!!
    Hope you all have a great day.
    Angie

Post Count
    Sorry for the double post but that weekend is Good Friday and Easter for Christians unless this event is scheduled for everyone other than Christians. Does anyone in the office have a calendar? Who's bright idea was this? I know most of the faction leaders myself included asked after the last battle for more time in between for everyone to regroup rest and build back up and you actually made it a shorter amount of time and on top you are starting Kingdom and possibly Crime on the same day. You know good and well that there are quite a few that play 2 to 3 of the games and to have leaders try to schedule 2 or 3 events at the same time is insane.
    Hope you all have a great day.
    Angie

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Clearly someone needs to get one of those calendars with all the holidays on them so they can do a better job planning major events so that big mistakes like this don't happen

I agree that pushing it out two weeks would be a good decision since the major holiday weekend is not a good idea.

Post Count
    It disappointed me a lot, since we have been prepraring for this for a long time, and we can not wait for one another week. I was planning to buy more golds, but I think I will save the money.

Post Count
    Let me get this straight you are not going to play this weekend because it is Easter and all the Christians will be at church praying

Will if you were good (Christians ) you would be mad if it was on any weekend as you should be in church any way so to say this is a bad time to do this is crazy what about everyone else's out here in the world should we stopped doing anything for a holiday that would be crazy to

I think it is a good time to have this war you can have your family and friends play with you
    It is going to be a good day for me because I will be off playing here unlike other weekends that I have to be working

Life is to short to complain over a day ( everyone will be here because everyone wants to see it and be in it )

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanger View Post
    Life is to short to complain over a day ( everyone will be here because everyone wants to see it and be in it )
    I will still be participating 100%. But others in my guild have religious and family obligations Friday through Sunday, which involve many more events than just a typical Sunday morning service, and pulling out of them would be highly offensive.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanger View Post

Will if you were good (Christians ) you would be mad if it was on any weekend as you should be in church any way so to say this is a bad time to do this is crazy
    Ummm church is only on Sunday, and for an hour. (and Sundays come 52 times a year)... Good Friday through Easter is 3 days of traveling and spending family time (and only once a year).

Post Count
    Easter war ! We should make this one a religious war like the crusades.
    Nobody is safe

Banned
    Post Count
    This banter and taking a jab at each other is pointless.
    What is wrong here is the principle of the thing. 2 days out before the scheduled event was suppose to start GREE goes and changes the date. Plain wrong and inconsiderate.
    Get organised! I'm almost completely over it all...