BATTLE FOR MIDTOWN 3/15 to 3/20 - "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTLE FOR MIDTOWN 3/15 to 3/20 - "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

Developer
    Post Count

BATTLE FOR MIDTOWN 3/15 to 3/20 - "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

Heads Up! The Battle for Empire City will begin on FRIDAY 3/15/13 at 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, and end on WEDNESDAY 3/20/13 at Noon Pacific Standard Time.

Walkthrough

The Battle for Empire City event is a PVP event specifically between the syndicates in game. Syndicates must "declare battle" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once battle is declared, your syndicate will be matched up with other syndicates of similar attack strength, fighting to win influence points.

Before your syndicate declares battle though, you need to nominate a Defense Leader. This defense leader acts as protection against the opposing syndicate. As long as your Defense Leader is up, the rest of your syndicate cannot be attacked. At this time, the leader gets 100 "Shield Points", which acts as their "health". Each unsuccessful attack against the Leader will take away 10 Shield Points. A successful attack will take all of the Shield Points. Once these points are at 0, the Defense Leader is defeated and the rest of the syndicate is vulnerable to attack.

Syndicate members will have the option to use a "power attack" that will provide a 50% increase in stats. However, you will use all your health to achieve the increase. Also, unsuccessful power attacks against the Defense Leader will take away 50 Shield Points.

Each battle lasts 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, the side that has the most influence points wins. During the battle, there are two ways to get influence points: attacking members of the opposing syndicate and attacking their Hideouts and Safehouses. You receive more influence points for defeating players then for attacking the structures; however you must defeat the player to get the points, while simply attacking the structures will get you points. Players use health points to attack, similar to the boss events. Successful attacks will also award XP and respect to the victor's account.

Another thing to keep in mind is that until the Hideout goes down, you will only receive half the points possible for defeating another player. Each syndicate will start with one Hideout per battle and it cannot be replaced during a battle. Your top Hideout will be used up by each "battle" your syndicate engages in, regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not. The syndicate will be able to attack the Safehouse after the Hideout is down and is there solely for points. It adds nothing to a syndicate's defense.

At the end of the event, the syndicate with the most influence points will win the district being contested. The district will be highlighted on the map as claimed and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to various tiers of winners--please consult the "Rewards" tab to find the reward tiers for each event.

Finally, please keep in mind that specifications for Battle for Empire City will continue to evolve and improve over time.

We'd wish you luck but you don't need luck. You need strategy. Be ready.

Post Count
    Sweet, I'll let my faction know. Also, will you be on along with CJ or are you just on until he comes back?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebot121256 View Post
    Sweet, I'll let my faction know. Also, will you be on along with CJ or are you just on until he comes back?
    Boomer is a developer not a moderator. He hasn't posted in a long time.

On that note. Welcome back Boomer! Nice to see you posting! Thanks for the information!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Any information on the prizes? Nothing is listed...

Livin' the #smuglife

Post Count
    3/15? You mean, tomorrow?

@#$%^&*()_%^&*

For 5 days?

#$%^&*()$%^&*(

Developer
    Post Count
    Actually, a few of us will be monitoring the forums until CJ's return.

Post Count
    Oh dang!!!!

Post Count
    So, as a low-level camper (HTC Green, I am NOT in either of the active Syndicates), I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses, even if I don't participate in the war?

2) Will wins/losses from Syndicate Wars be reflected on my profile wins/losses?

3) Are there any level limits between opponents? Because seriously ... I can take on my level range ... but I don't want to see people who are literally 10x my level just waiting to steamroll me

4) Will attacking player's from Syndicate Wars be reflected in a Player's regular newsfeed? I.E if for some stupid reason I did attack a level 100 during the War, would they still have a direct link back to my hood once the war was over?

5) Do these Wars grant EXP? Is it possible to participate without earning EXP? (Attacking structures, etc)?

6) More questions if I can think of any ... (copied from second page post for official response)
    Last edited by Sunsets; 03-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerStud View Post
    Boomer is a developer not a moderator. He hasn't posted in a long time.

On that note. Welcome back Boomer! Nice to see you posting! Thanks for the information!
    I know, I just though developers also have moderator powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsets View Post
    Why do I have a feeling that even in a camping syndicate someone's going to troll and start a war ...
    If syndicates are following the path of factions back in Modern War, soon, we will get faction alerts. They say who donated what and who declared war. Great for sniffing out unloyal members.

Post Count
    What about the 1st 2 events that have allready got ticks next to them? "overthrow the boss & scope out the district"..
    Are they counted in or are they going to be started again?

Post Count
    5 days boomer? 5? 3 days in modern war is hard enough. But 5?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Apparently they want to burn everyone out with a 5 day event like they did for MW.

Post Count
    So, as a low-level camper (HTC Green, I am NOT in either of the active Syndicates), I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses, even if I don't participate in the war?

3) Are there any level limits between opponents? Because seriously ... I can take on my level range ... but I don't want to see people who are literally 10x my level just waiting to steamroll me

4) Will attacking player's from Syndicate Wars be reflected in a Player's regular newsfeed? I.E if for some stupid reason I did attack a level 100 during the War, would they still have a direct link back to my hood once the war was over?

5) Do these Wars grant EXP? Is it possible to participate without earning EXP? (Attacking structures, etc)?

6) More questions if I can think of any ... (copying to first page post for official response)
    Last edited by Sunsets; 03-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Post Count
    Less than 24 hour notice is total crap when there was an in game timeline already..

All this is a complete cash grab.
    retired

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsets View Post
    So, as a low-level camper, I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses?

6) More questions if I can think of any ...
    1. Yes but not a lot. (Just a normal fight win offensively or defensively)
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Maybe (it happened at first in modern war, but then they changed it)
    5. Yeah, I think hitting the wall grants no xp