Easy cheater reporting system idea - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy cheater reporting system idea

Banned
    Post Count
    I know mofistos syndicate have plenty of respect hackers because he told me. Hopefully Gree will clamp down on his syndicate.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
    Hackers need to be dealt with before they get started which means better security by GREE(DY), that being said any hacker reporting should be kept the way it is now. The "hacker-report-phrase" and button ideas could be used on any rival someone just doesn't like. Maybe there is a stalker someone has, and they hit the report button. Now support has to check this person just because they have better stats then the reporting person. OK maybe it takes 2 or 3 reports before this person gets looked at, maybe even 5 or 10, the number doesn't matter as most of us have multiple accounts, friends, and/or faction members that can report the person as well....

The best solution to hackers is stopping them before they can start.
    In some games they have a reliability system, where people who frequently (and correctly) report cheaters get a higher priority when they flag someone, and people who often incorrectly report someone for cheating get lower (or no) priority when they flag someone for cheating. It would take a little while before it became effective, but it would be great to have a simple system that distinguishes between who is reporting actual cheaters and who is just reporting someone because they lost, and it's a better use of the staff's time as well.

Post Count
    What to do when you know a synd that hosted hackers and know it because you have send their members a message about it, take a look at a synd in place between 31 to35 last war.....

Lurker
    Post Count
    Ideally gree would post hackers and that they were banned. provide some faith that they are doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy11 View Post
    I know mofistos syndicate have plenty of respect hackers because he told me. Hopefully Gree will clamp down on his syndicate.

Banned
    Post Count

cheaters web page

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    What about report a cheater and get 50 gold. Win win for the honest players and for gree

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tfletcher20 View Post
    What about report a cheater and get 50 gold. Win win for the honest players and for gree
    then your have an overload of reports coming in to Gree where even legit players are getting reported
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by erik41141 View Post
    Or GREE could start actually working with the player community to combat the hacker offensive. There are hundreds of 100% legit players on here who avidly check profiles in order to determine hackers. I personally do an entire inventory rundown when i see someone /w higher stats than mine or something that looks out of the ordinary. Finding & Distinguishing hackers is MUCH more simple than you'd expect, theres always patterns they all generally follow, and since you cannot delete items or sell them, mistakes are MUCH easier to spot.

What I propose...

I. GREE designates a recruiter of some sort that can check up on players who wish to participate on the task force.
    a. OF MOST IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications for these watchdog positions would be fairly selective & a trial period of performance would be necessary before any benefits are awarded.
    II. After building a solid, trustworthy & dedicated team, members would be allowed to place recommendations for other players who would undergo the same process.
    a. This method would eventually result in a greater pervasiveness of watchdogs throughout the syndicate world, thus significantly reducing the # hackers in syndicates & in general.
    III. A quota system of reliable, accurate reports would be standard, and of course greater performance & positive reputation throughout the task force would be rewarded as well.
    a. On this note, each player watchdog would be given a record by GREE stating # reported hackers, # successful reports, and # unsuccessful reports. Success vs. Unsucuessful would obviously be based on if the player was banned or not. Now for the rewards...
    b. Furthermore the possibility of 2 watchdogs reporting the same person has arisen in my speculation. If this is the case and player 1 receives the benefits for the report, player 2 would receive some sort of minor bonus like an assist. “Assists” would be on each watchdog’s record and would play somewhat into the system **Note this is a VERY unrefined concept so suggestions are welcome, I don’t intend to send this report to GREE until its corporate standard & flawless.**
    IV. In NO way would I recommend item rewards for these watchdog positions, the point of the system is to operate like a secret police, except that the only thing we would do is scout & leave it to the dev's to determine legitimacy. The ONLY rewards for participating in the watchdog effort would be gold. Whether it be awarded in live-time, bi-weekly, or even monthly for that matter. This is the part where I lose all credibility in my efforts of solving this extensive hacking problem. I dont know what amount of gold would be acceptable, or even fair as a reward, but certainly not as low as tap-joy. I would be fine with initial payouts being similar to the time consumed "tapnotenjoying" , however, I would move to offer raises to long term, hard working, dedicated commitment. *This is not an aspect of this report I’ve put much thought into. For me its not about the incentives, its about the reward of playing a hacker-free game.
    V. The beauty of a system such as this is that it only gets MORE effective over time. Over time Dev's will not only get to know the player base, they would also be able to distinguish a reputable source over another due to the ranking system.
    a. In order to ensure fairness throughout the group, the majority of the reviewing DEV's would be required to randomly accept pending requests so that one watchdog does not get all the rewards while another gets none. This random selection of pending requests would balance out the DEV's attention across the watchdog community. However, the exception to this randomization is where the true beauty of this system is depicted.
    b. For example lets say I'm the #1 watchdog and I have 180 new pending reports since yesterday. The idea of filters works perfectly here because I predict the top ~20 watchdogs in this group to be ridiculously active in their reports. Higher level DEV’s could potentially filter out all the pending reports of whom others have already reported (Cant have a select # of players handing out assists to everyone else) and rapidly take out a large # of hackers each day. So if a DEV filtered my 180 and 30 of those were not reported by any other watchdogs, that’s an easy 30 hackers off the market. Take that and multiply it by the other top ~20 players and if each has an average of 30 unique reports, that’s 600 hackers banned right off the bat, not including the other successful bans of the day.

First and foremost I know that this is a ton of text. This concept is still very fresh in my mind & I’ve only been working on this for ~2 hours. I’m dead serious about compiling this into an official report to be mailed (or hand delivered) to GREE’s office in San Francisco, CA. Any thoughts, speculation, or ideas would be greatly welcomed either by PM or e-mail. Anyone who makes positive contributions to this report will be added to the list of authors/co-authors. I think its time someone finally does something progressive about dealing with these hackers
    I'm sure I speak for more than just myself, and almost certainly for anyone and everyone employed by Gree, when I say:

TL;DR.