GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyser30518 View Post
    Send in tickets to Gree
    Not really a glitch, thats the problem. Gree are aware that they did this. But i have no idea why, it stops people buying gold-there is now no reason since you will always be paired with someone stronger. They shot themselves in the foot.

Post Count
    I know it's not a glitch, send in tickets to express your disappointment with their decision.

Post Count
    Hmmm, ok from past experience Funzio used to pull stuff like this where there was a sudden change to the fundamentals of the game.

Since this is a strategy game and for some a long term strategy game this sudden unannounced change is not a welcome thing since it completely wipes out any strategy they may have been employing.

Yes I think that matching rivals up by their attack and defence stats is a great idea and one that has been long over due however from the looks of things the program is not actually doing what it was supposed to do. We have 4 parameters in the game from what I can tell, Level, number of Allies = number of units brought to battle, attack and defence points. If the game is grouping according to what I surmise then we should not be seeing the complaints being posted so it seems to me that the algorithm is faulty.

For those getting hammered suddenly it actually could be worse, Funzio did a change a long time ago perhaps as long as 1 year ago where they suddenly gave those of us up in the whale zone access to all players and when I say all players I mean all players. We were destroying players who happened to only have 1 ally who where using this to hide while leveling up. Got real interesting for a few days....

I get the feeling that this change was in part due to the changes I saw in the battles where the number of faction members was less critical then it had been while it seemed that an aggregate of all faction members attack and defence stats was being used.

In this case it seems that this is too drastic or perhaps broken a change and might need to be toned down a bit? Otherwise I think those seriously affected should be compensated.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Whatever gree is using to base the algorithms on is incorrect. I am being constantly matched up with player after player at 50 k or less strength with one of my games. Believe me, I don't belong there. I'm sure it's not fun for them, and it's sure not fun for me either. But, a pirates gotta do what a pirates gotta do, so I trudge on.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I am a camper between battles. Today i reduced my allies to 70 and got smashed by people with 400 allies. I am 18k att/def at 70 allies and have 1.35mil IPH. Camping is the only way non-gold and low-gold players like me can keep up with everyone else. Getting smashed by players with nowhere near the strength or strategy as I is not fun. If this continues, there is obviously no way i can build on my IPH (next upgrades are now 100mil+) and takes away any incentive there is left for me to continue with this game. Please change it back.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.
    this is a wrong move (see my previous post).
    - I and many other of my friends on this game drop their allies list between battles and VIP them back for the battle.
    - Better to have temporary campers in this game then exclude and lose those players altogether.
    - If you are just going to mix me with players of the same stats, no matter how much I allies up or spend gold, I will gain no real advantage because i will always be matched with a higher bracket. No matter how high the ladder you climb, the ladder will keep extending (pointless).
    - I spend $20-$30 on this game monthly. that is my budget and I will not go over it. if the game requires i do, i will find another game.
    - I accept being hit by strong players on my same allies list (it is a game of war after all), but being hit by some moran who flies through the levels and no strategy with 400 allies compared to my 70 and having similar att/def stats, simply takes away any incentive to work hard or grow.
    - I am 1.35mil IPH. all upgrades for me now are $100m+. There is no way of advancing further (see previous comment about the ladder always extending further.
    - PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK

Banned
    Post Count
    My regular android accounts see no change in the rival list however my kindle fire rival list is all over the place. It has worked to my advantage a little. I am able to farm off of people with less allies and defense scores.

Banned
    Post Count
    I see NO change at all. im at 370(ish) allies @ level 74. I never see more then 1-3 levels lower/higher and 50 or so allies lower/higher. I'm on Android Note2

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    I see NO change at all. im at 370(ish) allies @ level 74. I never see more then 1-3 levels lower/higher and 50 or so allies lower/higher. I'm on Android Note2
    I'm on ios. I see only +/- 1 level and -~25 allies and +100 allies from my ally count. I'm on tier 5.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I dont think gree have noticed the obvious that with this change they have made gold units completely pointless to buy. Apart from being indestructible, there no absolutely no point in buying them. Gree have taken away there own source of income. Why should I pay to get stronger if I then get put with even stronger people still?

The endless ladder post is a really good way of putting it. Gree have committed financial suicide by doing this, im not even sure they realize it yet, otherwise it would have been changed back . I will never buy gold again if it stays like this, and i think others will do the same.

Post Count
    All this is doing is funneling the money up. I get hit for 6mil by a player 15 levels higher. He then gets hit by a player 15 levels higher than him. Where does it stop? This new algorithm is garbage. Change it back and re-level the playing field!

Post Count
    I am at level 71, and can now see levels 63-80.

Between battles, I drop to 6 allies below max-allies to search for funds for the LE buildings. This has always opened up my rivals list to more people... but now I can see rivals all the way down to 100 allies, which I've never been able to do before.

On my wall, I'm getting accused of cheating. I'm loving the new list, but it looks like it sucks for campers.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    i WAS a gold spender, and im affected by these changes, making my rivals much stronger than me. I've basically been screwed over and my gold purchases have been for nothing. Will never buy gold again if this stays

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude View Post
    are you a gold spender? so far the ones that have hit me that are higher level and with 200 - 300 more allies have all been gold spenders. Maybe the gold spending is giving you weaker rivals.
    I have spent a little gold, but not all that much in the grand scheme of things.

But you might be onto something. I also have a level 58 free account. It is only seeing levels 57 & 58 in the rivals list. But, along with being free, it is also above max allies... so there are 2 variables at play. Free and max allies.

Post Count
    Peppers, what is your A/D? i'm at 58kD lvl 85, but im getting hit by lvl 100 with 100k+ attack. Totally different ballgame.