My rival list just exploded... - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjarhead View Post
    CJ, if possible is there a way yall could require forum account names to mirror or link with game names. It would put an end to multiple accounts and hiding behind assumed names to throw merritless accusations around...may not be possible but if so would clean things up a bit....
    They did this in SWToR. You had to have an active game account to post on the forums. Granted a person with multiple iPads, iPods, iPhones etc could work around this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Post Count
    Most people on my rivals list are people who have camped forever but don't like to level up. They have very high IPH's and all buildings upgraded handsomely! Yet many of you are still complaining...seems you blame Gree for everything!
    They can't please everyone but are constantly trying to improve the game for us. Please give them a chance and adjust your strategy. Isn't that what you would have to do in a real war?
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vballmadam View Post
    They can't please everyone but are constantly trying to improve the game for us. Please give them a chance and adjust your strategy. Isn't that what you would have to do in a real war?
    I appreciate the want to improve the game, and introducing factions was a great idea. This, however is a real step back. There is no strategy now.

Put yourself in my situation. I am at 25 allies and have 17k defense. I get hit by someone at 40k attack, no chance. So what to do? Increase allies would be logical. So now i'm at 60k defense (for example) and now the game pairs me with people with 100k attack, no chance again.

Thats what i mean by no strategy, allies are now pointless. You can only lose no matter what you do. You cannot adjust as you always get paired with people stronger no matter what you do.

So what could you do in my situation? I believe a lot of people are thinking the same right now.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LagBolt View Post
    I appreciate the want to improve the game, and introducing factions was a great idea. This, however is a real step back. There is no strategy now.

Put yourself in my situation. I am at 25 allies and have 17k defense. I get hit by someone at 40k attack, no chance. So what to do? Increase allies would be logical. So now i'm at 60k defense (for example) and now the game pairs me with people with 100k attack, no chance again.

Thats what i mean by no strategy, allies are now pointless. You can only lose no matter what you do. You cannot adjust as you always get paired with people stronger no matter what you do.

So what could you do in my situation? I believe a lot of people are thinking the same right now.
    Believe me I've been there and don't want to go back! I always went full allies. Many people who don't know about the forum level quickly and don't realize it so I chose my battles carefully. I rarely lost units that way because I only attacked people 1/4 th of my stats. With that money I bought the highest units I could and played all the Bosses to get those indestructable units. It took a very long time but worked until I got to level 123. Hope this helps!

Ps. At level 123 My Iph was only 80,000 and my buildings were all level 1 so nobody raided if I forgot to collect. My stats were in the 50/60's so I was not real strong. At level 123 is when I really found it hard to compete. i did succumb to buying gold little by little. It was my choice and at the time I could afford to buy some.

Most important was getting to know and allying with those higher players helped me immensely too! Thank you friends and allies!
    Last edited by Vballmadam; 03-11-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Post Count
    My post was not meant to offend any gold players and if so i apologize...but no free player or light gold player would have ever made this request.

My question to CJ was merely to get a clarification of "a lot" of people. I would imagine there are hundreds of thousands or millions playing this game. Half of them don't understand the dynamics and many of them don't even know how to contact support. So I find it extremely hard to fathom that a large number of people percentage wise in relation to the number playing have asked for this restructuring.

As for improvements, Gree has made great strides in adding new content. I commend them on their efforts. Adding new features and content is always a good thing. Great progress. However, changing a basic fundamental structure of the game dynamic at the request of a few is just plain wrong.

So what if players want to camp? It is the only basic strategy that can be done when you are not willing or unable to spend a lot of money on this game. Changing the dynamics to cause weak players to get pounded on will not force them into buying gold. It may for some but the majority will simply quit. No matter how long anyone camps...they will never match the gold players so I dont understand the contempt.

I don't condemn anyone for spending money on this game. Congrats to all those that can and have fun with it. But don't condemn me for not being a person of great wealth and still wanting to play the game and have fun.
    Last edited by BigD@wg; 03-11-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Still normal for me. I got 490 allies and so does everyone else.

Post Count
    I thought the whole point of the was build higher A/D stats than ur rivals. If u match ppl by stats, what's the pt of building the stats up? You'll just be put against ppls with higher stats. Why buy high end units?

Post Count
    So how does this new algorithm make it more fun. I just got slaughtered by someone with 500 allies. I have 206. His unboosted attack was 222k to my boosted defense of 116k. So this is the what I have to look forward to in this game?!? You JUST fixed the game to where everyone with like allies and similar levels were all visible! What people are tou catering to? They have the same opportunity to raise or lower allies if they want. Come on!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Plus, how is this similar in overall power? He had twice my defense and 2 1/4 time my attack!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyser30518 View Post
    So how does this new algorithm make it more fun.
    It's simple. Don't carry more money than your vault can handle! Collect your buildings on time....set a schedule. Every building worth going after is either on a 12 hr or 24 hr timer....simple. If you want save up for the limited edition buildings it may get a bit tricky but it takes dedication. Right now I am lvl 66, 21k att/ 23k def. with $110k IPH. I am by no means a powerhouse. But it is awesome to stumble upon a lvl 60ish camper w/ 40 allies and rob them blind for $3.6 million! Today alone, I have taken more than $15 million...and with a vault of only $1.5 million. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY
    MGB
    Join And Win

TOP 250 FACTION
    Health Regen +14%
    Infantry Defense +15%
    Ground Defense +10%
    Air Defense +5%
    Sea Defense +5%
    Building Defense +15%
    Guild Increase +6
    Faction ID 644 239 387

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
    It's simple. Don't carry more money than your vault can handle! Collect your buildings on time....set a schedule. Every building worth going after is either on a 12 hr or 24 hr timer....simple. If you want save up for the limited edition buildings it may get a bit tricky but it takes dedication. Right now I am lvl 66, 21k att/ 23k def. with $110k IPH. I am by no means a powerhouse. But it is awesome to stumble upon a lvl 60ish camper w/ 40 allies and rob them blind for $3.6 million! Today alone, I have taken more than $15 million...and with a vault of only $1.5 million. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY
    Great advice Ritz except when your upgrades cost over 200 mil, which haven't been an issue till this game changing switch in the dynamics of the game. It's not a matter of collecting, I have my buildings set to collect at certain times. My current IPH is a little over 2 mil. Hell, my LLP's IPH is over $630k. Heed this advice, start building your IPH now. You will need it to sustain your army when you get to the higher levels.

Lurker
    Post Count
    It's a lot easier to find player's with a lot of cash. I got over 10million in an hour.

Post Count
    Somedude, buying gold doesn't work either. I'm level 139 with 117k defense and only 200 allies. That doesn't happen playing for free. The problem is, even if I buy more gold, it just puts me up against even stronger people.
    My llp just got attacked while trying to save for my second villa. He was beat by someone with almost the same stats except he had 246 allies and I only had 26.
    The days of trying to better yourself and get stronger (with or without gold) in this game are over with. It makes no sense to buy stronger units if you are just going to put yourself in a higher attack bracket. This should dramatically cut out the people able to get the bigger buildings. When someone with a $21k iph, 240 allies, and only 20k attack that has obviously flown through the game and has no concept of strategy can attack someone that has put countless hours into building themselves up gives no incentive to do any better.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It actually removes the need of gold units, if you think about it. No need to buy anything now. You lose at 2 allies and you lose at 500 allies.

Why hasn't this been changed back yet? It has no support

Post Count
    Send in tickets to Gree