My rival list just exploded... - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Lurker
    Post Count
    I used to have good att/def for my level by buying a little gold. Now Gree changes the rules of engagement on everyone making strong players at a certain level weak against a lot higher level players. No more gold purchases for me as they have become useless. I'm glad I only started playing 3 weeks ago and haven't wasted to much of my time. I have enjoyed the time I have spent playing but will find a different game to play. One that doesn't change rules that screws most players. "changes makes play more fair"--hogwash!!!

It's cool if people don't like something, we'll listen.

It's not cool if people make multiple forums accounts to bump up headcount on their opinion or troll.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post

It's not cool if people make multiple forums accounts to bump up headcount on their opinion or troll.
    Just to clarify. I have only one account which I started today to comment on this thread. I only started MW 3weeks ago so i don't have much knowledge to contribute to forum. My forum account matches MW username "radman". Just didn't want any other players to be falsely accused of starting multiple accounts since I have only one post. My single post is authentic. no hard feelings.

I know, it was in reference to the now-deleted posts.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    So how is it making things equal when i have att/def in the 60k range and i see a guy on my list with an attack of 741,000 and defense of 677,657. I ran like a little girl when i saw his numbers
    CJ, any answer to why i would see a guy in my rival list 10 times stronger then me?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Sorry if ive missed something, but who exactly has been calling for the rival list to be so fundamentally changed? People have been asking to move the whale zone, yes. But nowhere have I seen anyone ask for people with 6 or 10 times the attack to be put in the same bracket as themselves.

To be honest, the system worked perfectly well before and shouldn't have been changed in any way. I just dont see how this adds in any way to the game, I had plenty of people to attack before and this just seems to be a way to creating a "quota of losses". By this i mean no one is now invincible (except Ferr and pirates) and its now any player is put in with stronger players, regardless of any other factors such as army size.

I have 25 allies right now and I can be attacked by people with 500 allies, even though some have about 10k attack (my defense is 17k) there are some with 100k attack. So if I go to 500 allies to counter this (i could get to about 80k defense by doing this), the game will pair me with people at 150k attack.
    This means I can never win, no one can. This removes the need for allies almost entirely, why should I add any more?

Good try gree, but there are other things that need fixed more urgently than fixing something that wasn't broke in the first place.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm "camping" at lvl 8 with 1 ally.. my question is, with this change, will I be seen by lvl 20 players with 100 allies on the Rivals list? sorry for the newbie question, I'm new and still trying to figure out this game. esp. the allies thing.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I'm "camping" at lvl 8 with 1 ally.. my question is, with this change, will I be seen by lvl 20 players with 100 allies on the Rivals list? sorry for the newbie question, I'm new and still trying to figure out this game. esp. the allies thing.
    Right now, this only seems to be for people lvl 65 and above going by what someone said near the start of the thread, but theoretically, yes that situation could happen in the future

Post Count
    Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.
    CJ, I chose to spend a pretty large sum of money to give me and advantage over people in my level and ally range. I'm attempting to keep out of whale zone. Now you have opened he whole game up to whales. I'm getting attacked by people with 300 allies more than me. In my opinion, this has to be one of he worst moves Gree has ever made. After my first refresh, I can't even get a normal rivals list back. Please change this back.

Post Count
    Sorry to post so soon again. This change has changed the whole dynamics of the game. The people that made this request, were they the whales or the extremely weak? Please help CJ. PvP was one of my favorite aspects of the game. Now I can't even find anyone to attack.

Post Count
    Hi CJ -

I would like to know what percentage of all the active players in MW asked for this? Were they all gold players? I am imagining that the total number of players that ever requested such a thing was less 2% of the MW active player population. I would further surmise that this 2% is made up of all high level wealthy gold players...right?? Please respond.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ, when will this be reversed? I appreciate the efforts of the dev team to improve the game, but it is clear that this change has no support. It has made PvP pointless and allies irrelevant as no matter your allies, you will always be with someone stronger so why go above 3 allies? This makes most parts of fighting a waste of time.

This needs to go back to the "normal" rivals list, quickly.

Articulate Author camper killer's Avatar
    Post Count
    My rivals list shrunk. I am lucky if I can seen 30 different people. that is gonna make some people very mad. I can see between 170 and 190 for levels while being at 182. at my ally count, the visibility is poor as well. Thus far, not working out for my targets. they are gonna get mad very quickly after a week or two of me raiding and attacking all day long.
    Just a little ole friend with a hockey mask and my lucky machete!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    im a big gols spender, and I cant say that I asked for this, nor have my friends. We might have mentioned that we would like to see people at all ally counts, instead of limiting this, but we have learned how to adress that issue on our own. I hear more team mates complain about the new lists, and I have not heard that anyone sees any benefit to what they are currently seeing. I think changing it back would be better.

Post Count

CJ, if possible is there a way yall could require forum account names to mirror or link with game names. It would put an end to multiple accounts and hiding behind assumed names to throw merritless accusations around...may not be possible but if so would clean things up a bit....