My rival list just exploded... - Page 16

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Post Count
    Same here - 90% of my rival list is people with vastly different stats to mine.

I only have 40 allies and they have 200-600.

Worst. Algorithm. Ever.
    Big Fish, Small Pond.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by olka View Post
    Worst. Algorithm. Ever.
    Agree.

where are you CJ, when will this be changed back?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's been nearly three weeks since CJ asked what we think of the new algorithm, and though he's made appearances on other threads (e.g., yesterday he was here helping people figure out the new event), he's never come back to respond to us on this topic. It's been on the front page of the forum for all that time, but not a peep from the devs. I believe we're being ignored in the hope we'll just go away...quit the game, whatever. Apparently this doesn't affect enough players to be worth their time.

All you players who weren't negatively affected by the new algorithm, watch and learn. This is what you can expect from Gree when something goes wrong with your game.

Post Count
    Still a massive issue for me.

Everyone on my rivals currently has 4x as many allies as me.

Please fix.
    Big Fish, Small Pond.

Post Count
    Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm. Crap algorithm.
    Big Fish, Small Pond.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Would like to go back to seeing all kinds of rivals from my level, or to see rivals that are playing as long as i am, so we can finally demolish those campers!

Post Count
    Another opinion:

If you look on this thread...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ist-Visibility

...you can see Pirate Justice reply, especially "It COULD be grouped by attack and defense capability"

And Gree do this. Maybe if Pirate Justice tell to Gree "Change it back" or at least "fix casualty bug" - they finally do something.

(nothing personal buddy )

Post Count
    Just chacking in to see if anyone has responded yet. CJ, I know you are all extremely busy trying to make this game better, but please, please, please respond to this thread and share Gree's intentions on the rival list. I could have dealt with the casualties, but the new rival list rendered this LTE unplayable for me, evwn after dumping gold at the beginning. I finally had to stop due to the list I had and the inability to drop and add allies to search for buildings I could raid and people I could beat.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude View Post
    Ive found when a person hits you for cash they will keep looking for you again and again becuase they know you will overvault,

one thing you can do to blend in a bit more is keep changing your profile avatar, choose one that is most commonly used like one of the ones with the brown or green soldier helmet. If you have an avatar that sticks out or is a bit more rare than others some people scrolling down the list looking for you will look at the avatars first.

At least make them work for it and have them read your names!
    I never go over vault, own no ltd buildings and have a pretty average IPH. I wear the brown helmet...nothing distinctive about me but my name, which will become either Sir or Alex just as soon as the new name change option becomes available. I don't actually get many re-visits, and don't really draw many attacks or raids most of the time, but this event has been brutal. (P.S. Back when I had a usable rival's list I used to look for the off-color names, the kind of names junior high school kids would tend to choose. It was surprising how many people who chose those those names turned out to be very low def targets--high attack sometimes, but low def almost always.)

Post Count
    My rivals list stays at one level sometimes two levels my other buddies that play the game can see up to six or seven levels up or down is there someway I can do the same

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucker View Post
    Another opinion:

If you look on this thread...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ist-Visibility

...you can see Pirate Justice reply, especially "It COULD be grouped by attack and defense capability"

And Gree do this. Maybe if Pirate Justice tell to Gree "Change it back" or at least "fix casualty bug" - they finally do something.

(nothing personal buddy )
    lol, i just posted that yeasterday.

You must have seen this thread CJ, why no answer? Whats gree hiding?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LagBolt View Post
    lol, i just posted that yeasterday.

You must have seen this thread CJ, why no answer? Whats gree hiding?
    But they didn't do what Pirate Justice suggested. The point in that thread was to get lower defense players off the list of the whales. I've got a guy showing up on my rival's list with over 600k attack. My defense is in the 80k range. That is most definitely not what PJ was suggesting. I know PJ can be cryptic, but he was pretty clear on this one.

Post Count
    Oh...why won't you respond to us Gree??? What do we have to do to get this changed back?

Lurker
    Post Count

I don't get it

I just want to keep this thread at the top, as this is ridiculous, maybe if we complain long enough and loud enough they will switch it back.

The new algorithm makes no sense to me. Apparently people at a higher level and with more allies can see me, but I never see them. How is that possible? BTW I am a very LLP (<25) and this affects me. I can no longer be the strongest player at my level, because level effectively doesn't matter anymore.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think we experience this problem very differently.

I am probably the strongest on my rival list but once i am over-vaulted, i get smacked by rivals many 1000s allies higher. I cannot see them back.

Getting smacked by rivals when overvaulted is acceptable if they are on your rival range, but many 1000s above you is not fair. Goes back to the fact that its not worth buying gold because you can always outpace your rivals, but you cannot outpace your rivals who are many 1000s allies stronger.

If this was suggested by Pirates, it goes to proove that once you spend many $1000s in this game, you stop being a player and start being a partner.