My rival list just exploded... - Page 12

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Post Count
    Just got attacked by a player 5 levels higher, yet eveyone in my rivals list is my level.

F U C K this game, and Gree. Ban me.

Never will spend another dollar on this game.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    After a certain level, the higher level guys can see you, but you cannot see them. I would have to agree that at the least, if they can see and attack you, that you should have the same privilege.

Post Count
    I'm having that problem, and some. I can see higher level players. Level 200+. Unfortunately, I can't beat them. I'm level 141. Just saw Pirate Justice. His defense is almost 50 times my attack (unboosted) lol. Needless to say, I didn't attack.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Once you get to level 100, you can use all your units, so I don't get why the cutoff. I have had games well capable of battling with anyone at that level. Levels have nothing to do with your strength past that point. There are lvL 200 players who can't match some players at level 100. The only consideration is that with time, you have had the ability to get stronger. Most players will never be able to battle PJ, or many other players in the game, no matter what level they achieve. Lvls are not an indicator of very much.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Once you get to level 100, you can use all your units, so I don't get why the cutoff. I have had games well capable of battling with anyone at that level. Levels have nothing to do with your strength past that point. There are lvL 200 players who can't match some players at level 100. The only consideration is that with time, you have had the ability to get stronger. Most players will never be able to battle PJ, or many other players in the game, no matter what level they achieve. Lvls are not an indicator of very much.
    I agree, there are many people at lower levels that can beat me. And, the fact that I'm only at 300 allies is my fault. I'm allying up now. The new list changed my strategy for the game. In the past, I have added and deleted allies depending on what I was trying to achieve at the time. Obviously, my strategy needs to be tweaked now. My post was more referring to the "macthing" of people with like stats. My 120k attack doesn't exactly match up with the stats of the rival's on my list. I'm trying to figure out if everyone else around this level is seeing this or not.

I'm testing a theory now that the list may be based on density also. At 200 allies, I was 100k attack. The only people I could see were people at full allies and a very wide range. Does the new algorithm calculate me at my full allly potential based on 100k per every 200 allies. When I hit full allies, hopefully tomorrow, I will post my findings.

BTW Speed, thank you for acknowledging that the rival liust isn't quite what people had in mind.

Post Count
    Higher levels = more skill points and valor which can make a big difference alone ,but the main point here is high level players can see low level players but the low players can't see the high , that's is wrong whichever way you look at it .
    MW:558 634 055

Lurker
    Post Count
    I would urge the devs to reconsider this game change as for someone who spends gold to stand a better chance against people at their level, now becomes redundant as the playing field just got changed. Getting attacked and raided far more easily yet not being able to find weaker opponents without losing high end valour units.

Everyone here plays to their own strategy, whether that be doing their best without spending gold, focusing on getting high Income stream. For me personally, my strategy is to spend a little gold now and then, and use all my skill points on stamina. My IPH was not a priority as I am online a lot and use lots of stamina to earn valour and attain those units instead of buying money units. Now I can no longer attack because the new rivals list is drastically changed and its no longer worthwhile as the losses in units outweighs the reward. The game is now pointless and unrewarding from this point as it stands for me.

Please reverse this change.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PFJchopper View Post
    I would urge the devs to reconsider this game change as for someone who spends gold to stand a better chance against people at their level, now becomes redundant as the playing field just got changed. Getting attacked and raided far more easily yet not being able to find weaker opponents without losing high end valour units.

Everyone here plays to their own strategy, whether that be doing their best without spending gold, focusing on getting high Income stream. For me personally, my strategy is to spend a little gold now and then, and use all my skill points on stamina. My IPH was not a priority as I am online a lot and use lots of stamina to earn valour and attain those units instead of buying money units. Now I can no longer attack because the new rivals list is drastically changed and its no longer worthwhile as the losses in units outweighs the reward. The game is now pointless and unrewarding from this point as it stands for me.

Please reverse this change.
    Exactly. But I also wonder why this change doesn't seem to apply to everyone. I'm almost at the point of opening a ticket since my rivals list presents me with pages and pages of people too strong for me to attack--while for others in my faction, all seems normal.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Completely agree PFJchopper! I also raided a lot and gained enough valor to build a good army. This change has completely killed this strategy. I can barely find players weaker than me, and when I do, I lose so many units that attacking is just not worth it. So there goes my income and army strength...
    Only way to go now is just to sit down and build IPH it seems...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkNL View Post
    Completely agree PFJchopper! I also raided a lot and gained enough valor to build a good army. This change has completely killed this strategy. I can barely find players weaker than me, and when I do, I lose so many units that attacking is just not worth it. So there goes my income and army strength...
    Only way to go now is just to sit down and build IPH it seems...
    That's what I've been doing since the change DunkNL. I'm not as bothered as some here about not seeing stronger players on my list, even the ones that see me. I wouldn't consider attacking or raiding them anyway, so I'd just as soon they didn't waste space on my list. What I really hate is that my list now includes players with def 250k higher than my attack, but the weakest player I see has def only about 20k less. PVP has become a loser's game for me. So yeah, now it's all about working on my base with an occasional event to liven things up. Most of the fun is gone. At this point I'm really only sticking around out of loyalty to my faction...and the waning hope that Gree will change it back.

Post Count
    Still no response. Such a shame.

Banned
    Post Count
    No help , my mlp just got raided by a guy 100 levels higher and over 100k stats better, one day mr apt ire I'm coming for you

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    As so many have mentioned... I have lost a player in my faction who is completely fed up.

I have two devices, well three really, but. The two iPads have different players, both about the same level, points etc however one has this nightmare list... I am level 65 with 60 allies the lowest opponent on my attack list has 140 allies all the way upto 2000 odd... Even if I allied to the max I still would be way off some of there attack points....

But my other iPad nothing has changed, the old system is still in place ???? Both have the latest versions.... If my main player does change I will close the faction and leave the game that's worth about £5,000 a year.

I have to remember this is a game, last month I spent £300 on a game....

Just a reply from admin would be nice... How can no one even bother replying...

Consistent Contributor aphroKEN's Avatar
    Post Count
    Gree knows your threats are nothing but empty. £5,000 per annum to Gree is a penny in their pocket. But all that hard work you put into MW is as priceless to you as a beloved family member.

So guess who stands to lose more when you decide to leave? Gree knows you won't leave. Therefore they will continue to ignore you while you throw money at them.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCloud View Post
    That's what I've been doing since the change DunkNL. I'm not as bothered as some here about not seeing stronger players on my list, even the ones that see me. I wouldn't consider attacking or raiding them anyway, so I'd just as soon they didn't waste space on my list. What I really hate is that my list now includes players with def 250k higher than my attack, but the weakest player I see has def only about 20k less. PVP has become a loser's game for me. So yeah, now it's all about working on my base with an occasional event to liven things up. Most of the fun is gone. At this point I'm really only sticking around out of loyalty to my faction...and the waning hope that Gree will change it back.
    You hit the nail on the head. I can deal with vaulting, collecting on time, not ever being able to do large upgrades again. The frustrating thing is that my rival page now has people from 100kdef to 5.2mil def. My attack is a little over 120k. I have to refresh numerous times before I find someone I can beat. This really sucks when one of my favorite parts of the game was PvP. I will stay in and fight with my faction, but my interest in this game has dwindled. I collect my buildings, donate my excess to my faction, then go to our chat site and interact because I enjoy the people. I actually think I ought to thank Gree. Thank you for curing my addiction and saving me a ton of money. I find I spend a lot more time on the forum and with my faction on other sites than I do in the game now. I still have my friends and am saving money. Win, win. Thank you Gree, I don't know if I could have done it without you.