My rival list just exploded... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My rival list just exploded...

Banned
    Post Count

Angry I've been above 500 allies for months

I can't remember how long ago I topped 500, but it was months ago. But this is new. I hit the refresh all the time when looking for rivals, usually all I see are lieutenants, captains and sergeants. Privates are rare, especially privates with over 100k A&D, level 75 and 1.5 million IPH's.

I just attacked someone at level 74. I am at level 65. I brought 1300 units to battle, he brought 1470. So the number of allies affects how many units you can bring - very unfair. I understand it when you get to level 100, since 500 allies is all anyone is allowed. But that difference in the number of allies means a big difference in the number of units and if you have strong units, a big, unfair advantage in the battle.

This needs to be corrected.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My hunch is that this is put in place for World Domination so that everyone can see everyone else.
    So basically they open up some software code to allow all to see everyone.
    THen after the event the restrict who you can see.

Banned
    Post Count

Thumbs down They should let someone know

If this is a temporary thing for the WD event they should let someone know first. Just popping a big change on people isn't right. I don't mind going up against the big boys, but I would like some prep time first.

Banned
    Post Count
    I can only see level 15 below and 15 above...so that's not opened up all to me.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Prep time or Preparation H time? LOL

Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks CJ, so now players get matched by attack/defense rather than ally count?

Banned
    Post Count

The new algorithm sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, we made some changes to the rivals list algorithm, it now weights much more on overall power than it had before (which is a change a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time). Give it a try and let us know what you think.
    It would be fine if everyone brought the same number of units to the battle. But when your opponent can bring 300 more units than you to the battle it sucks. It's one thing to battle someone who is 1 or 2 levels up, good units can handle that. But 300 units? Seriously?

I hear when you hit the whale zone above 100, everyone is capped at 500 allies. So no matter how many allies or what level the other guy is, you have a chance as long as you have decent units. You want to rate me against players with similar stats - fine, just so long as you limit the number of units being used to similar numbers. Otherwise it's not fair.

BTW, I have a second game where I am only at level 52 and my rivals list on that operates like it always has, I cam only see 2 levels up.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Denney View Post
    It would be fine if everyone brought the same number of units to the battle. But when your opponent can bring 300 more units than you to the battle it sucks. It's one thing to battle someone who is 1 or 2 levels up, good units can handle that. But 300 units? Seriously?
    Right, but what's the quality of those units? If it is pulling people in a closer range of power (but still a range), you may have 100 units and stomp the heck out of someone with 500 units just due to the power of the units.

As for why the other game isn't seeing the change, I don't know. We'll check.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This basically renders gold purchases pointless unless you have about 1500 gold units. This new algorithm just means that if you invest in 10 good gold units, the game will give your opponents an extra 100 units for example, this is how i read it.

Not really fair on light gold spenders

Banned
    Post Count
    Right, but what's the quality of those units? If it is pulling people in a closer range of power (but still a range), you may have 100 units and stomp the heck out of someone with 500 units just due to the power of the units.

You're ignoring the obvious. If the person does have decent units it's light out. Unless you limit the number of units a higher level player can bring when attacking someone many levels lower the battles are anything but fair. At level 65 I'm not worried about the guy with 300 medics and 500 snipes. I'm worried about the guy with aircraft carriers, B-52s and nuclear subs. I lost a battle this morning to a guy with almost twice my A&D and I am very strong for my level. But double my stats isn't close to my range. No matter how many aircraft carriers or nuclear subs I buy I can't make up that difference.

So either drop the ally thing all together or put it back the way it used to be and go back to the drawing board. Because this isn't fair.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ^ Yep, I have 17k defense and i was attacked by someone with 40k attack, I have a gold based army and he just had a bunch of average units, but he could still beat me because he brought 2000 of them while I could only use 100

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to change, but this is a fairly significant change to make unannounced when people have been executing a strategy based on the old algorithm.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So how is it making things equal when i have att/def in the 60k range and i see a guy on my list with an attack of 741,000 and defense of 677,657. I ran like a little girl when i saw his numbers

Banned
    Post Count

Angry I have good units

I have 50 aircraft carriers, 50 nuclear subs, 100 cruisers, 100 amphibious craft, 100 B-52s, 100 Harriers, 125 Super Hornets, 280 Vipers and lots of high value gold units. At level 65 I am at 38k attack. What the hell am I supposed to do? Buy 1400 nuclear subs to make it a fair fight. I have been upgrading the advanced air base for the last week to get some of those high end units. But if this is how it is going to be - whats the use. I'd be doing nothing but buying units for the next 3 months.

Anyone interested in buying a good start for Modern Warfare?
    I am at level 65.
    I have 38k attack and defense, IPH of 1.8 million.
    I have 2 arctic rigs (level 2), 2 anniversary centers (levels 2 & 3), 2 villas and 2 oil rigs at level 5, 2 nano factories at level 5 and several level 10 buildings..