Bonuses Maxed Out But Guild Info Says 22% - Bug?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonuses Maxed Out But Guild Info Says 22% - Bug?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Bonuses Maxed Out But Guild Info Says 22% - Bug?

Hi Guys,

I have Building Speed maxed out but on my Guild Info screen it says I'm at 22%...

Did I miss something? Or this a bug?

Thanks.

Post Count
    Bonuses are multiplicative not additive

Post Count
    1-0.95^5=22%

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice calculation, but when i press the bonus button it say that i am buying 5%, nowhere does it say that i have to calculate to get to 14%, after i buy the 5%. This is called false advertising in my book. Our guild need more explanation on this. I did send a ticket to gree, but i only got the robot reply as usual.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    The description says "building upgrades are 5%" instead of building upgrade times are reduced by 5%.

If the bonuses are multiplicative then it should be (1.05)^5 = 27.63%
    So you're arguing we should buy a bonus that increases our building time? I don't understand why some are additive and some are multiplicative (speaking more for MW, since we don't, to date, have attack or defense bonuses in KA).

Post Count
    I think maybe the confusion is with button labels that don't change for the next upgrade.

Your guild's Info screen shows the true current bonus value.

This may help you http://www.b4ye.com/#!current-bonuses/c236o

www.b4ye.com

Finance Officer | Recruitment Officer | Ship's Cat

Invite Code: 597-664-572

Upgrade Speed: +23%
    Upgrade Cost: +23%
    Casualty Decrease: +19%
    Health Regeneration: +14%

The Guild looks after its players . . . the players take care of the Guild.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Wish I had that bonus, things will really speed up a lot.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There still seems to be alot of gaps in the bonuses and how they work and the pricing no complete table is put together. I founded my guild and we only have 14% upgrade speed. I know stuff gets pricey thou. 300k for lvl 1 600k for lvl2 1.5mil for lvl 3 and 3.6mil for lvl 4. Kinda wish there was a tracker so i can find the free loaders in my guild and kick them and get some active players in there position. They just weight down the rest of the guildies that actually pay into the guild.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'm lol'ing at the false advertising post. The upgrade says that your building upgrades are 5% Faster. You assumed that this meant 5% of the original time, incorrectly. In reality, it's 5% off the current time. Which is exactly the formula presented. Your times after one upgrade are exactly 95% of what they were right before you purchased the upgrade. I'll go ahead and apologize to Gree that you don't understand 7th grade math for you.

TLR Percentage based bonuses are almost always multiplicative, in every game ever made.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Since, English is not my primary language, and that you so nicely explained the formulas. I am translating as i read or write. Read it now understand. And thank you for the nice remarks. And by the way try to get explanation from gree but it is hard to get answer. So i came here to get something. Don't know if i will ask question again.
    jean marc

Post Count
    And thank you for the other members that did put an explanation, i do appreciate.
    jean marc

Post Count
    This will serve me right, to come here and ask question for the members of the guild, did not think that I was going to get insulted on my schooling in the process. I pass the remark to all the members of the guild.
    Since I am translating as I go, my primary language is French Canadian. I will say sorry for the spelling mistake or syntax now before someone else tell me I cannot write English or that I have a lack of education. My post was a bit harsh I agree in French it did not sound that harsh but it is hard to get answer from gree was told to come here because there is lots of a senior member that likes to help but as usual it is not all.
    I did ask my daughter to help me with the formula (she went to English school I made sure of it since English is used everywhere) in French we do not use some of the sign that were post must be new math, but my daughter did explained it to me nicely. And once in a while she does take the time to explain some of the game to me. How nice of her.
    From now on I will do what I did for the last year or more, I will read the post translate try to make some sense out of it, but will not ask question anymore

As for sending excuse to gree, they do not need any excuse, because every time the game crashed on me during quest or other event when they were near completion and could not complete them. Sent multiple tickets, the robot is well mannered I must say. They did not send any excuse to me so we are even now.

Thank You

Jean-Marc
    jean marc

Post Count
    Jean Marc, don't be discouraged from asking questions, that is one of the reasons the forum exists...
    I have asked some dumb questions in my time and have been called on them by forum participants in good spirit and that's the way I took their comments. Have a laugh, enjoy the game and the banter here.
    KA [DW] Angel 273-518-398
    MQ Nakor 683-670-209

Banned
    Post Count
    Gree didn't describe the upgrade correctly. "5% faster upgrade time" and "upgrade time reduced by 5%" are completely different.

Take this for example. If you upgrade 100% faster, it means you do twice the amount of work in the same time thereby cutting upgrade time in half. Or in other words, "100% faster upgrade" would be equivalent to "50% reduced upgrade time".

"5% faster upgrade time" should be the same as "4.762% reduced upgrade time".

So if the mechanics were true to the description, then having the level 5 upgrade would grant:

1/(1.2763)^5 = 0.7462, or 25.38% reduced upgrade time.

But clearly Gree meant "5% reduced upgrade times", so that is a case of false advertising.

Post Count
    Thank you to the both of you, now i do understand the mechanic of it, i really appreciate your answer, will bring this back to the guild for everyone to see, this is the first time that i play game, my son and daughter bought me an ipad and itouch, and i download all the gree game CC, MW, MQ and KA. I must say that i got hook on them Loll. I am a Canadian Air Force Vet, so i have lots of time on my hand. I did start a Faction in MW we ranked 196 in the last war. So i started one in KA as well.
    Thank you again
    jean marc