Milspec Will be Boycotting the Raid on Egypt Event

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milspec Will be Boycotting the Raid on Egypt Event

Post Count

Lightbulb Milspec Will be Boycotting the Raid on Egypt Event

After alot of thought, after alot of reaching out to Gree via CJ, Tickets etc

We have decided to sit out this event

As a Top 25 Faction we spend Alot of time & money on the game, not to mention within events

Few Reasons

• Total disregard for us as customers has disgusted me
    • The sense of enetitlement and oh they will keep spending money we don't have to address issues stance
    • The lack of transparency
    • The lack of communication
    • The total disregard for the wishes of the community to shorten event and have them spaced a minimum of 30 days, firing off event after event shows GREED
    • Not fixing known problems
    • Not treating the 2 platforms equally ios & android it should be a level & equal playing field
    • The Greenland SCAM you pulled starting it over a weekend where you knew you'd have to extend the event because of a so called holiday
    • Allowing hackers to run rampant in the game and not doing anything about it because your internal discussions deemed it forces us to spend more gold and upgrade our units
    • Giving extreme special treatment to a select few factions & players allowing them to RESET get refunded all of their gold and start all over buying new current stronger units
    • Ignoring the fact that some users have found a way to abuse the system and attack the same people over & over & over multiple times a day for weeks straight costing people units, cash and their valuable time
    • Events are designed to cause mass casualties in order to get you to spend more on units, cash and to desire indestructible units
    • No live fixes or support during events, Android users had a massive glitch giving ios players a big advantage

Bottom line is things need to change. I've personally spent ALOT of money on this game and I have put a full stop on that until some of these issues are addressed and FIXED!

My Entire Faction 30 + Players will NOT be spending any money with you Gree during this event. I estimate this will cost you between 25k-50k

We will play free hits only, and hope for a top 100. It pains me greatly and is a tough decision considering how competitive I am, ask anyone in my Faction.

I hope if anything this opens some eyes, and maybe some you will join us
    WD- Greenland : Rank 24th
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots
    I am the Faction Leader - Callsign - Diesel

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Ground Defense Forces Bonus
    30% Infantry Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Apply: 347-861-124

If you apply PM me here with your Level & Stats, thanks!

Post Count
    that is a weak boycott...sitting out completely would at least show them you mean it.

Post Count
    Why would they care one way or the other, sit out or play free makes no diff. It's ALL ABOUT the money to them, EVERYTHING they do, every event is carefully and tactically created to make you spend money, and we will not.
    WD- Greenland : Rank 24th
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots
    I am the Faction Leader - Callsign - Diesel

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Ground Defense Forces Bonus
    30% Infantry Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Apply: 347-861-124

If you apply PM me here with your Level & Stats, thanks!

Consistent Contributor TYR_Rune's Avatar
    Post Count
    RESET??? is this true? Reset to a few selected faction?
    That would be unfair... How true is this?

Post Count
    Cook--I don't agree with you. Milspec has it right. He's hitting Gree where it hurts them most, in their bottom line. Gree doesn't care if you play the game for free when you boycott, it cares if you stop spending money. In fact, not playing only hurts the players, since they lose the source of enjoyment they derive from the game. By playing for free, they get to keep it while still using Gree's resources. Now, the real question is if a single faction boycotting is going to make a difference. Bottom line, it won't. Milspec will need a lot of others to join him before Gree notices a dent in their revenue stream. If that happens, then he will have succeeded.
    MW ID: 551-349-200
    KA ID: 624-390-071
    Accepting allies in both, please PM me with your info so I will give you priority over the unwashed masses.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    As much as i respect your reasons and decisions to boycott the Egypt War, there is little evidence it will have any effect on what GREE does. From what i read MW seems to be at the end of its shelf life. I don't think they ever designed this game to be a long term buy in. More a few levels. Spend money because you want to build up quickly and then drop out. Its a good cash generation model. I don't think they anticipated so many long term players, thus turning off many lower level start up players, due to the super players who dominate everything. (Hence revenues drop and game shelved).
    What has worked is then re-coded and next game born... And the cycle begins again. We all know we are the 'guinea pigs' for Crime City. and Crime City will be the model for the next and so on.....

Post Count
    you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Consistent Contributor TYR_Rune's Avatar
    Post Count
    If u will use only free health dont expect youll land top 10, its impossible unless each of your members will buy a few hundred gold..
    Youll probably land top-1K or 4K..

Anyway.. If all those reasons mentioned above are true then I think all factions (aside from top 3) should join the boycott..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegaman View Post
    As much as i respect your reasons and decisions to boycott the Egypt War, there is little evidence it will have any effect on what GREE does. From what i read MW seems to be at the end of its shelf life. I don't think they ever designed this game to be a long term buy in. More a few levels. Spend money because you want to build up quickly and then drop out. Its a good cash generation model. I don't think they anticipated so many long term players, thus turning off many lower level start up players, due to the super players who dominate everything. (Hence revenues drop and game shelved).
    What has worked is then re-coded and next game born... And the cycle begins again. We all know we are the 'guinea pigs' for Crime City. and Crime City will be the model for the next and so on.....
    Ummm... Crime city was the first game in the series. MW came second, then KA, then MQ. Just correcting the record.
    MW ID: 551-349-200
    KA ID: 624-390-071
    Accepting allies in both, please PM me with your info so I will give you priority over the unwashed masses.

Post Count
    I know of a couple of factions that have gone to free hits only during this event. I recieved a response stating that I am now in the bonus program after being in it for months. I have yet to recieve my bonus for February and have now stopped buying gold.

Consistent Contributor steveo127's Avatar
    Post Count
    25-50K? you think each player in your faction will spend on average $1,667 buying a total of 25,000 gold, on this event?? If that were true, then why boycott? you could easily get top 3.

$50,000/42 players in faction=1.9K per faction member

1.19K/$100 per vault = 11.9 vaults...*1500 gold per vault = 17857 gold (mind you this is assuming there's NOT a sale, in which case the total would be even greater)

17857 gold/25 gold per refill= 714.2 refills. 714.2 refills*4 hits/refill = 2,856.8 hits per member.

2,856.8 hits/member * 42 members = 120,000 hits.

120,000 * 225 points per hit = 27,000,000 WD Points, enough to overtake Ferr's Emperors, and enough to give PUN a run for their money, in the last two battles.

again, this is assuming you have ONLY 30 members, that there is NO sale, and that you have NO bonus gold being used.

of course, this entire post could have been summarized in a few words: 1) your estimations for the "dent" in GREE's paycheck they will receive based on your "boycott" is incredibly inflated; 2) your "boycott" can hardly be taken seriously by GREE, as with 1000's of competing factions, even if only a fraction of them spend gold, their cumulative total will make your boycott look like nothing.

my advice, quit complaining about GREE
    Last edited by steveo127; 03-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    $50,000/42 = $1,190 / member in gold purchases.

The rest flows nicely.

Let's call it 12 vaults / player. 12*1500 g = 18,000 g, but you forgot the 4 FREE hits, and maybe a few "regen" hits.

As far as giving PUN a run for our money, bloody unlikely sonny.

Why do we worry with an 8,000,000 point lead?

Heck, we slow down when we're up by 4,000,000.

You also assume a very difficult per hit total - 225 per hit is often impossible.

Otherwise, your premise is sound.

Your last sentence summed it up rather succinctly, unfortunately your advice won't be heeded, it'll be hated!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveo127 View Post
    25-50K? you think each player in your faction will spend on average $1,667 buying a total of 25,000 gold, on this event?? If that were true, then why boycott? you could easily get top 3.$50,000/42 players in faction=1.9K per faction member1.19K/$100 per vault = 11.9 vaults...*1500 gold per vault = 17857 gold (mind you this is assuming there's NOT a sale, in which case the total would be even greater)17857 gold/25 gold per refill= 714.2 refills. 714.2 refills*4 hits/refill = 2,856.8 hits per member.2,856.8 hits/member * 42 members = 120,000 hits.120,000 * 225 points per hit = 27,000,000 WD Points, enough to overtake Ferr's Emperors, and enough to give PUN a run for their money, in the last two battles.again, this is assuming you have ONLY 30 members, that there is NO sale, and that you have NO bonus gold being used.of course, this entire post could have been summarized in a few words: 1) your estimations for the "dent" in GREE's paycheck they will receive based on your "boycott" is incredibly inflated; 2) your "boycott" can hardly be taken seriously by GREE, as with 1000's of competing factions, even if only a fraction of them spend gold, their cumulative total will make your boycott look like nothing. my advice, quit complaining about GREE
    Last edited by PIRATE JUSTICE; 03-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Total respect for all your points, I hope it does some good.

Steady Scribe Some Random Clown's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR_Rune View Post
    Youll probably land top-1K or 4K...
    Nope with 42 members, all the bonuses bought, and actually playing a full series of matches they will easily slide into top 500 by my guess. More likely top 250 if you play the entire war and not coast at all. My bunch does not use gold, I only had 12 active members last war and we only ran 40 matches. We got squeezed out of the top 1000 in the final closing hours because we all have jobs.
    Some Random Clowns
    506 627 210

"Don't join some other random clowns faction, Join the real 'Some Random Clowns' faction today!"

We've merged!
    SRC is now a Farm team for "The Shades" faction. SRC is now for people wanting to play faction LTQs.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deskjockey View Post
    Cook--I don't agree with you. Milspec has it right. He's hitting Gree where it hurts them most, in their bottom line. Gree doesn't care if you play the game for free when you boycott, it cares if you stop spending money. In fact, not playing only hurts the players, since they lose the source of enjoyment they derive from the game. By playing for free, they get to keep it while still using Gree's resources. Now, the real question is if a single faction boycotting is going to make a difference. Bottom line, it won't. Milspec will need a lot of others to join him before Gree notices a dent in their revenue stream. If that happens, then he will have succeeded.
    The only way to hit them in their wallet is to have PUN, Ferr, AND super faction all sit out this war. Now we are talking about a dent. NOW you're talking about $50k. But good luck doing that.
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258
    Income: $352,000,000/hr
    Attack: 9,867,393,600
    Defense: 4,300,166,900

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618