Daylight Savings Spring 2013 - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daylight Savings Spring 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PawnXIIX View Post
    It was only this time they messed up with it. I'm not a betting man but I don't believe they're going to have the same issue as last year.
    They've had the same "issue" every time change. It's not really an issue, in my opinion. The server time appears to remain unchanged, which makes sense to me because different regions change their clocks at different times, and in some regions the clocks aren't changed at all.

So really all that's happening is people become inconvenienced because their time relative to the server time has changed, causing collections to appear as though they happen either an hour early or an hour late. When the clocks are moved back at the end of daylight savings time, the server clocks just keep on rolling. This leaves your hood an hour "ahead" of you, so if you don't adjust your alarms you risk missing your collection.

In contrast, when moving the clocks ahead, your hood falls an hour behind because the building payout times do not change. For example, 24 hour buildings do not suddenly make an exception and decide to pay out after only 23 hours, just because you changed your clock. 24 hours is 24 hours, so people should either collect an hour later, or take the "inconvenience" as an opportunity to re-synch their collection times.

If you could affect building payout times just by changing your clock.... Well, that would be a huge problem.

Just my 5 cents.

Post Count
    its a huge issue dudeman, when the clocks change I see the collections at the right local time but they are available to rob an hour earlier to those in a different time zone meaning that whatever I do its impossible to collect my buildings before they are robbed, I've sat there watching the seconds tick down and when the collect tag appears over the building its the robbed tag and i'm out of pocket. I know my IPH isn't ground breaking at just over 1.5M but it still means I lose around 15-20mil a day in income with nothing I can do about it.
    abandoned

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    its a huge issue dudeman, when the clocks change I see the collections at the right local time
    This makes no sense. If this were true, building collection times would be changing by +/- one hour when the clocks change, and that doesn't happen. 1 hour in game is 1 hour in game. Speeding up or slowing down your local time will not affect that.

Unless, apparently, you're on android. I'm not, so I can't say anything about that platform.

Post Count
    I think a lot of the problems were due to USA changing their clocks on diferent dates to UK etc.
    I was getting notifications to say that buildings had been robbed up to 1 hour before they were even due to be collected & I remember losing an hour on the Boss event.
    Like everything was showing ok in USA but we were still that 1 hour behind on the CC servers.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    This makes no sense. If this were true, building collection times would be changing by +/- one hour when the clocks change, and that doesn't happen. 1 hour in game is 1 hour in game. Speeding up or slowing down your local time will not affect that.

Unless, apparently, you're on android. I'm not, so I can't say anything about that platform.
    which ever way round makes no difference, the fact is the buildings are up to be robbed before they are up for collection leaving the player with no chance to collect from buildings before they are already robbed.

added to the frankly unfair robbing where 20% of the earning disappear and this is very frustrating!
    abandoned

Post Count
    Reminder....DST for those that have it will be forward tonight before turning in