Crates vs. Bosses

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Crates vs. Bosses

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count

Question Crates vs. Bosses

So I've been saving a bit of TJ gold here and there, and was contemplating crates.

Then I figured if I could spend 10-40 gold per boss, and defeat a few extra bosses, it might be a better use of +/-60 gold on the crates.

I figure the odds of getting Common, Uncommon, Rare are similar if not better on the bosses, and the stats for the Common, Uncommon, Rare weapons seem just slightly worse for the boss than the crates (with exception of the top crate prize).

Has anyone done any math to compare the two?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Might try the KISS method. Use the worst case scenario.

1. 175 Gold gives you three commons for a total of X pts of a combo of A/D
    2. How many Gold you want/can spend for either all commons on Boss (or your present track record in this event and level) total worst case total combo of A/D.

The exact odds on Boss probably have been stated by Pawn or MXZ don't know them How many bosses do you think you'll clear with spending 175 gold vs a guaranteed amount for three crates?

Post Count
    Crates:
    I think the recent crates are ~500 points (A+D, don't know which you value more) for the rares, ~250 for the uncommons and ~150 for the commons. You can get better numbers by actually adding etc. There's also one really good item, but I think it drops less often than the other two rares. So using the quoted odds:
    - If you buy three crates, you get 3 items and about 615 A+D points, for 175 Gold
    - If you get one crate, you get ~190 A+D points for 60 gold.

Boss Events:
    The boss items are I think not as good as the crate ones, but that's the easy part. There's lots of factors:
    1) Your tier
    2) How many bosses you can get without the gold, since the number of extra hits needed to kill the next boss depends on the level.

IOW, you can spreadsheet it using the one that's been posted on the site, but you'll need to put in your own numbers and do your own math or it'll make no sense. So say you have 20000 attack points, and are level 40. So you can get 260k free hits, which gets you 30 bosses. If you buy a healthpack, then you get three hits more, or 320k hit points. So you'll be able to use 6 healthpacks for 60 gold to get six more item. In this case the healthpack strategy is clearly far better than buying a crate item, since you get six items, AND items 30-36 will be really good.

But that brings up two more factors:
    3) How many bosses you can get without the gold, since the odds of good prizes get better with level
    4) Since you're a camper, the xp gained from a boss increases linearly with boss level.

For 3) you can sort of figure out your own estimate. My sense is, for the first 20 or so items, you basically get commons, with 2-3 uncommons and maybe a rare. 20-30 you get say 4 non-commons. 30-40 you get rares and uncommons a lot, maybe even 60-70% of the time. As for point 4), well that part of the math is entirely personal preference no?

Frankly, I'd say KISS too, just see how many extra items you'd get with 6 healthpacks and leave it at that...
    Last edited by zwiswoo; 03-05-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    S
    Level 153
    57.8M A 39.8M D
    25.1M IPH

Best shanty evar!