A CALL FOR PEACE - To all honourable Knights of the Kingdom (Age) Crusade...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A CALL FOR PEACE - To all honourable Knights of the Kingdom (Age) Crusade...

Banned
    Post Count

Post A CALL FOR PEACE - To all honourable Knights of the Kingdom (Age) Crusade...

A lot of crap has gone down lately...stuff that many of us have been involved in. Defamatory comments relating to individuals and groups. Name calling, threats and cursing each other.

This forum was steeped in honour and was valued by many old and new comers. A place of community, a good laugh, a sarcastic poke at each other every now and then...even a place to vent your frustration with events about the GREEDy GREE!

A place where we valued each other and our opinions, wether we agreed with them or not. A place where various groups could co-exist, and show honour to one another. A place where if one was out of line...many would rebuke and put them in their place. A place where if one was out of line, they would have the intestinal fortitude to acknowledge it and display humbleness and honour through an apology.

I believe this community can return to its former glory and better. But what it will take is an abstinence of attacks and retaliations against one another. So, I will start by apologising for any of my comments that related to bringing down a member, group or guild. I know this is merely words on a page but I do sincerely apologise for my play in all this. I lay it to rest now...

So...I put this forward...can we show our voice of support by stating it here on this thread, without negativity or attack of another member, group or guild? *please post only positive comments of support for this community here...if you can't make your own thread to state your negativity of others. Thank you!

What say you Knights?

Post Count
    i apologize 2 if i made some stupid comments over time , it was not my intention . we all want to have fun and enjoy the game
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I support your cause Pro.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Good luck all guilds in Guild Wars.
    Heroes: Jesus Christ

Post Count
    Well said hammer. You are very wise and honorable. And good luck to all participating in the upcoming guild wars. It will be long, hard battles but will be lots of fun.

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Best thread i have seen so far, thank you, the Paladin Warriors fully support you.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think it is a good thing to keep it clean in the forum, personally I've learned a lot, I've received good advice and all, so I guess lets keep the pillaging, raiding and atracking in the game, in here we should be only a lot of players helping each other out

Post Count
    because of the forum i started a new game (gave up at level 115) because i learned a lot from the1 ,winstrol ,dexter , gambit , etc etc . u guys are all great dont let this game ruin everything u did for all the KA players now , u helped us a lot and we are grateful to u guys . keep the war in the game not on the forum
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Post Count
    I thought I posted in here before but I must have imagined it, lol.

I heartily agree and am very glad to see this thread, Pro. I think this peace will catch hold and last if those who felt attacked in here, and those who feel bad for having said things they now regret, agree to let bygones be bygones. Letting go of anger is not easy, but I believe this forum is full of honorable people who will do it. And that it will return to the place of camaraderie, support and friendly, helpful advice it was when I first found it.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    What is Chivalry from Wikipedia.

Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is the traditional code of conduct associated with the medieval institution of knighthood. Chivalry arose from an idealized German custom. It was originally conceived of as an aristocratic warrior code — the term derives from the French term for horseman — involving honor, gallantry, and individual training and service to others. Over time its meaning has been refined to emphasize more ideals such as knightly virtues, honor, courtly love, courtesy, and less martial aspects of the tradition.
    The Knight's Code of Chivalry was a moral system that stated all knights should protect others who can not protect themselves, such as widows, children, and elders. All knights needed to have the strength and skills to fight wars in the Middle Ages. Knights not only had to be strong but they were also extremely disciplined and were expected to use their power to protect the weak and defenseless. Knights vowed to be loyal, generous, and "of noble bearing". Knights were required to tell the truth at all times and always respect the honour of women. Knights not only vowed to protect the weak but also vowed to guard the honor of all fellow knights. They always had to obey those who were placed in authority and were never allowed to refuse a challenge from an equal. Knights lived by honor and for glory. Knights were to fear God and maintain His Church. Knights always kept their faith and never turned their back on a foe. Knights despised pecuniary reward. They persevered to the end in any enterprise begun. Essentially, a chivalric knight is a Christian military soldier. "Certain law" stated a man must be a baptized Catholic in order to become a knight.
    Historian Johan Huizinga remarks in his book The Waning of the Middle Ages, "the source of the chivalrous idea, is pride aspiring to beauty, and formalized pride gives rise to a conception of honour, which is the pole of noble life."
    The term chivalry is sometimes also used to refer to the medieval mounted men-at-arms with whom this code was associated.

The code can be summarized in ten "commandments":
    Believe the Church's teachings and observe all the Church's directions.
    Defend the Church.
    Respect and defend all weaknesses.
    Love your country.
    Do not recoil before an enemy.
    A single coward could discourage an entire army. Even if the knights knew death was near, they would rather die fighting than show weakness.
    Show no mercy to the Infidel. Do not hesitate to make war with them.
    Perform all duties that agree with the laws of God.
    Never lie or go back on one's word.
    Be generous to everyone.
    Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice.

A knight being armed.
    In English, the word is first attested in 1292, as a loan from Old French chevalerie ("knighthood"), an abstract noun formed in the 11th century based on chevalier ("knight" or "horseman"), ultimately from Medieval Latin caballārius ("horseman"); cavalry is from the Italian form of the same word, loaned via Middle French into English around 1540.
    Between the 11th century and 15th centuries medieval writers often used the word shivalry, in meanings that changed over time. It originally had the concrete meaning of "status or fee associated with military follower owning a war horse" and "a group of mounted knights". Gradually, it moved toward the moral ideal of the Christian warrior ethos propagated in the Romance genre which was becoming popular during the 12th century, and the ideal of courtly love propagated in the contemporary Minnesang and related genres.

"Stitching the Standard" by Edmund Blair Leighton: the lady prepares for a knight to go to war.
    Regardless of the diverse written definitions of chivalry, the medieval knightly class was adept at the art of war, trained in fighting in armor, with horses, lances, swords and shields. Knights were taught to excel in the arms, to show courage, to be gallant and loyal and to swear off cowardice and baseness.
    Related to chivalry was the practice of heraldry and its elaborate rules of displaying coats of arms. When not fighting, chivalric knights typically resided in a castle or fortified house, while some knights lived in the courts of kings, dukes and other great lords. The skills of the knight carried over to peacetime activities such as the hunt and tournament.
    Christianity had a modifying influence on the classical concept of heroism and virtue, nowadays identified with the virtues of chivalry. The Peace and Truce of God in the 10th century was one such example, with limits placed on knights to protect and honor the weaker members of society and also help the church maintain peace. At the same time the church became more tolerant of war in the defense of faith, espousing theories of the just war; and liturgies were introduced which blessed a knight's sword, and a bath of chivalric purification.The first noted support for chivalric vocation, or the establishment of knightly class to ensure the sanctity and legitimacy of Christianity was written in 930 by Odo, abbot of Cluny in the Vita of St. Gerald of Aurillac, which argued that the sanctity of Christ and Christian doctrine can be demonstrated through the legitimate unsheathing of the “sword against the enemy.” In the 11th century the concept of a "knight of Christ" (miles Christi) gained currency in France, Spain and Italy. These concepts of "religious chivalry" were further elaborated in the era of the Crusades, with the Crusades themselves often being seen as a chivalrous enterprise. Their ideas of chivalry were also further influenced by Saladin, who was viewed as a chivalrous knight by medieval Christian writers. The Crusades led to the Hospitallers and Templars - two of the earliest Orders associated with chivalry.

Medieval literature
    From the 12th century onward chivalry came to be understood as a moral, religious and social code of knightly conduct. The particulars of the code varied, but codes would emphasize the virtues of courage, honor, and service. Chivalry also came to refer to an idealization of the life and manners of the knight at home in his castle and with his court.
    Medieval courtly literature glorifies the valor, tactics and ideals of ancient Romans. For example the ancient hand-book of warfare written by Vegetius called De Re Militari was translated into French in the 13th century as L'art de chevalerie by Jean de Meun. Later writers also drew from Vegetius such as Honore Bonet who wrote the 14th century L'arbes des batailles, which discussed the morals and laws of war. In the 15th century Christine de Pizan combined themes from Vegetius, Bonet and Frontinus in Livre des faits d'armes et de chevalerie.
    In the later Middle Ages, wealthy merchants strove to adopt chivalric attitudes - the sons of the bourgeoisie were educated at aristocratic courts where they were trained in the manners of the knightly class. This was a democratization of chivalry, leading to a new genre called the courtesy book, which were guides to the behavior of "gentlemen". Thus, the post-medieval gentlemanly code of the value of a man's honor, respect for women, and a concern for those less fortunate, is directly derived from earlier ideals of chivalry and historical forces which created it.
    The medieval development of chivalry, with the concept of the honor of a lady and the ensuing knightly devotion to it, not only derived from the thinking about the Virgin Mary, but also contributed to it. The medieval veneration of the Virgin Mary was contrasted by the fact that ordinary women, especially those outside aristocratic circles, were looked down upon. Although women were at times viewed as the source of evil, it was Mary who as mediator to God was a source of refuge for man. The development of medieval Mariology and the changing attitudes towards women paralleled each other and can best be understood in a common context.

When examining medieval literature, chivalry can be classified into three basic but overlapping areas:
    Duties to countrymen and fellow Christians: this contains virtues such as mercy, courage, valor, fairness, protection of the weak and the poor, and in the servant-hood of the knight to his lord. This also brings with it the idea of being willing to give one’s life for another’s; whether he would be giving his life for a poor man or his lord.
    Duties to God: this would contain being faithful to God, protecting the innocent, being faithful to the church, being the champion of good against evil, being generous and obeying God above the feudal lord.
    Duties to women: this is probably the most familiar aspect of chivalry. This would contain what is often called courtly love, the idea that the knight is to serve a lady, and after her all other ladies. Most especially in this category is a general gentleness and graciousness to all women.
    These three areas obviously overlap quite frequently in chivalry, and are often indistinguishable.
    Different weight given to different areas produced different strands of chivalry:
    warrior chivalry, in which a knight's chief duty is to his lord, as exemplified by Sir Gawain in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle
    religious chivalry, in which a knight's chief duty is to protect the innocent and serve God, as exemplified by Sir Galahad or Sir Percival in the Grail legends.
    courtly love chivalry, in which a knight's chief duty is to his own lady, and after her, all ladies, as exemplified by Sir Lancelot in his love for Queen Guinevere or Sir Tristan in his love for Iseult
    [edit]Late Middle Ages
    Chivalry underwent a revival and elaboration of chivalric ceremonial and rules of etiquette in the fourteenth century that was examined by Johan Huizinga, in The Waning of the Middle Ages (1919, 1924), in which he dedicates a full chapter to "The idea of chivalry". In contrasting the literary standards of chivalry with the actual warfare of the age, the historian finds the imitation of an ideal past illusory; in an aristocratic culture such as Burgundy and France at the close of the Middle Ages, "to be representative of true culture means to produce by conduct, by customs, by manners, by costume, by deportment, the illusion of a heroic being, full of dignity and honour, of wisdom, and, at all events, of courtesy. ...The dream of past perfection ennobles life and its forms, fills them with beauty and fashions them anew as forms of art".
    jean marc

Consistent Contributor Captian Awesome's Avatar
    Post Count
    Peace at last?

Banned
    Post Count
    Well said Jean-Marc...that was a long read, but I totally concur.

Post Count
    Why so long to get to here ?,...anyway a tad bit late as I will be moving on like Jonny , this forum should never have gotten to where it was, it was a place of fun, jocularity , great advice and great friends, sad but ended overa week ago for me and it just kept going like schoolboys in a fight from grown ups...it's o.k it's your forum now so do with it what you please..cya

Post Count
    From Sir Jack of Daniels, Paladin Warriors Guild

My men are making their preparations. I hear the hammer coming down on the steel blades... maidens with there light laughter as they don't want their men to see their fear of them leaving soon to march against a kingdom. War will soon be upon us! While many have died defending principle more have died defending their egos.
    The Paladin Warriors
    Honor, Pride & Respect!!
    jean marc

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've always enjoyed the forum. In fact, it's what really kept me going in KA as well. I don't say this lightly either. From Ghost days to The1NOnly being on the top of the boards, the banter and chat, from descriptions of frustration to the exclamation of success, it did feel like a place of friends. Not afraid of arguing their point, but always ending with some form of agreement and moving on.

Also, there was NO tolerance of directly targeting someone or something. Ever. By anyone. For anyone reason. (Except maybe to whine or get mad at Funzio/Gree for something in the game....)

And all of this was not only noticed by everyone, but in fact, people from Crime City and Modern Warfare even came to this forum at times because the crap wasn't tolerated and there wasn't endless ranting. Some even tried to instigate it here and were shot down.

Right or wrong, pissed off or not, egotistical or with your tail between your legs, keep the war on the battle field and help get this forum back to battery.

Even the petty foibles that have been going on won't get me to stop coming back to the forum; but it's going to suck and won't be attractive to grow the group for others to come and join.

I know I'm not much of an "opinion leader", so to speak, on the forum, but I still have one question: Who's in and who's out?

The people above are in and I gladly join them.
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...