Feature suggestion: Trades

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature suggestion: Trades

Post Count

Feature suggestion: Trades

Now that we've got syndicates and more of a social atmosphere inside the game, I'd like to suggest player-to-player trading as a next big thing feature.

For example, trading could consist of two consenting players exchanging some combination of cash and items.

That would make sense for a few difference scenarios:

1) Two players want to buy/sell items for cash.
    2) Two players want to barter for more desirable items.
    3) Player wants to help gear up their syndicate noobs.
    4) Player wants to gift a bunch of gear or cash to a friend.

--

CC: Teg / Level 171 / 79k att / 88k def

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by corbaman View Post
    I'd like to suggest player-to-player trading as a next big thing feature.
    That sounds awesome. You could trade your top items from a level 200 account to a level 10 account, and just pwn people all day long.

Also, Asian children can be forced into near-slave-labor to play the game 24/7 to allow criminals to sell farmed game items on a grey market.

There has to be a down-side to this idea, though...so let's think it through.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    what would be awesome is you could create yourself a new character, move all of your rocking event items with bonuses to it, then pwn everyone at level 12!

Post Count
    Ya you've got a point about how trading up and down between levels would cause game imbalance because of the way the Rivals are matched. Maybe trading could be restricted to a narrow level range to address that?

Also, Farmville of course has all kinds of "gifting" of buyable items to other players, which has been super popular and profitable. Something like that in CC could be another revenue stream for GREE. People who aren't willing to spend US dollars on their own account might spend a buck to send their friend an item.
    Last edited by corbaman; 02-27-2013 at 09:34 PM.

--

Post Count
    The event top prizes are easier to get. If you were to trade them up to higher accounts, you'd be unstoppable. The players in the lowest bracket have a 30% chance of getting an item going from 9 - 10. Even though the item is much less powerful, it still has all the stat boosting effects.

You'd basically break the game. You'd be getting players who didn't even win the event with free bank deposits, +20 respect per fight, +20 per robbery, and then maybe somewhere along the lines of 40% reductions of building times.

It's far too unfair of an advantage to allow trading.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Banned
    Post Count
    trade and hold buiding in a case for rebuild our Hood...

important for rebuild Hood.

Post Count
    maybe offer trading for within 5 levels of yourself, or have a specified trade list that is maxed out on value based on level?
    Unlikely to happen regardless.

Lurker
    Post Count
    It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money. If you sell/trade items with other players, eventually the in game would fall or rise, either money, gold or frequency of success opening creates and defeating boss. Gree has to keep their monopoly and
    competitive edge.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dope View Post
    It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money.
    Thats true. Even just being able to sell back excess gear would be nice. Although the new, lower prices on the old gear have seriously devalued all the old gear.

--

Consistent Contributor MoarKrabs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dope View Post
    It would be nice if you could sell excess equipment for in game money. If you sell/trade items with other players, eventually the in game would fall or rise, either money, gold or frequency of success opening creates and defeating boss. Gree has to keep their monopoly and
    competitive edge.
    This. There's so much old gear that I want to get rid of just as a means of clearing up the loot screen.
    It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was #1!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MoarKrabs View Post
    This. There's so much old gear that I want to get rid of just as a means of clearing up the loot screen.
    Oh yes, anybody wanna buy a job lot of Steyrs? 😂😂

As for moving stuff between two accounts belonging to the same person, that's possible if you ask nicely I believe.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    As for moving stuff between two accounts belonging to the same person, that's possible if you ask nicely I believe.
    Whoa whoa, that is a huge statement... If this is true, screw my low level camper that has the final boss items... I want that stuff on my main!
    As of 3/16/14 5:00am PST:

CC: 817-801-163
    Level: 247
    Mafia: 269
    Attack: 15.9m
    Defense: 15.4m
    IpH: $7.06m
    Fights W/L: 53,996/19,825
    Robs W/L: 124,836/1026

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Really?? Any confirmation of this? I think they'll transfer characters between devices, but transfering items is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

--

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by corbaman View Post
    Really?? Any confirmation of this? I think they'll transfer characters between devices, but transfering items is a whole 'nother ball of wax.
    A friend - who will remain anonymous, so don't ask - won the evidence burner on their low level account but had it transferred to their higher level one. They are now considering having it moved back as the low level account has become so much stronger in absolute terms.

It's entirely possible that might be a unique happening and I'm sure support would not look kindly on wholesale transferring of stuff - are you listening AK-47? - but an occasional request for a single item.... who knows!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Give it up, guys... there is ABSOLUTELY no way this could be implemented without being abused. And that's ignoring the fact that it would give a free pass to cheaters. Bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.