Make hoods more realistic looking - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make hoods more realistic looking

Post Count
    I built a little lounge with a cherry tree, treasure chest, and a totem pole out in front of one of my Rock Cafe's, and I like to get drunk there while everybody else robs me blind.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by String-Girl View Post
    I built a little lounge with a cherry tree, treasure chest, and a totem pole out in front of one of my Rock Cafe's, and I like to get drunk there while everybody else robs me blind.
    You are awesome

Consistent Contributor dragon001's Avatar
    Post Count
    I try to make mine esthetic. It does take some effort, thought and time. They should have competitions for the best looking hoods, you are right, of course the prizes would be weapons...hahah. or maybe good decorations. I have thought about designing some decorations and submitting them for a gold barter. they really do need to up the visual interest in this game

Banned
    Post Count
    Sure, this is a good idea. But don't forget that there are probably 100 more that have higher priority, well at least in my opinion.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon001 View Post
    I try to make mine esthetic. It does take some effort, thought and time. They should have competitions for the best looking hoods, you are right, of course the prizes would be weapons...hahah. or maybe good decorations. I have thought about designing some decorations and submitting them for a gold barter. they really do need to up the visual interest in this game
    Gold has been given out by admin before to amazing hoods

DB platypus
    retired

Post Count
    Last edited by iteachem; 02-21-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    retired

Lurker
    Post Count

Hood fan club

I do have one fan club member, she visits just to look at my little city. She was heartbroken when I went minimalist and got ride of everything. I rebuilt at her request.

Consistent Contributor nytelock's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hoochie77 View Post
    But it has an effect on your happiness. Everybody's wound too tight around here. Go plant some trees. Sit on a bench in front of your Gentleman's Club, etc.
    Just feel like laughing at this guy here.

FwD Syndicate Medals:

http://www.famouswhendead.info/

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
    Everything is about strategy, and money plays a part. Pretty hoods have no effect on gameplay.
    Maybe not, but a well designed hood makes the game a more pleasurable experience. I've always tried from the start to make mine look like it could be a real neighbourhood, and still get a buzz if a visitor leaves a complimentary comment. I hope others get the same when I leave similar remarks.

The ugly places I used to see in the lower levels - all forests of towers and buildings just shoved in with no thought - made me despair. More recently I'm seeing hoods in the levels just above 100 where people are putting some thought in, even to the extent of preferring aesthetics to mere income.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 02-22-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Maybe not, but a well designed hood makes the game a more pleasurable experience. I've always tried from the start to make mine look like it could be a real neighbourhood, and still get a buzz if a visitor leaves a complimentary comment. I hope others get the same when I leave similar remarks.

The ugly places I used to see in the lower levels - all forests of towers and buildings just shoved in with no thought - made me despair. More recently I'm seeing hoods in the levels just above 100 where people are putting some thought in, even to the extent of preferring aesthetics to mere income.
    I agree with Sister. I enjoy seeing hoods that people get creative with. I can also respect those hoods that are strictly business, as long as there is some kind of organization to it, and stuff isn't just thrown wherever. Take pride in your hood.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Who are you to tell the world what is aesthetically pleasing? Maybe my back-to-back MTs indicate my deep felt belief that art is at heart manichean, and positivity cannot be removed from negativity if truth is to expressed through fiction.

If you want in-game mechanics to support your view of aesthetics, the answer is simple: Don't rob or attack hoods you feel to be worthy, and go to town on hoods you consider ugly. Don't go whinging to devs to back you up on a single-man quest.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Who are you to tell the world what is aesthetically pleasing? Maybe my back-to-back MTs indicate my deep felt belief that art is at heart manichean, and positivity cannot be removed from negativity if truth is to expressed through fiction.

If you want in-game mechanics to support your view of aesthetics, the answer is simple: Don't rob or attack hoods you feel to be worthy, and go to town on hoods you consider ugly. Don't go whinging to devs to back you up on a single-man quest.
    You sound angry. Try adding some trees and benches and outdoor cafes to your hood. It will help.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I built a Modern Loft, what else do you want?!?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    A shrubbery.... one that looks nice..... and not too expensive! 😉
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    But then you have to contend with those damn chirpy knights obsessed with their knees