World Domination Official Feedback Thread - Page 31

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: World Domination Official Feedback Thread

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Not a bug, but please re-check the domination map. You're pointing at mongolia instead of China as a conquered nation

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the war is over, you know who it was, can him now! he got ya, now you get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha General View Post
    I suggest that the faction leader be able to remove members from the faction during war time. I'm not sure if you have encountered any complications to this issue, I can see where it sensible to have to draw the line somewhere about how much the leader can and can't control. Although it seems slightly counterintuitive that once the most crucial time for factions begins you are locked in with the members you have. I absolutely understand no one in, but with no one out if you have a rogue member or someone sabotaging the event for the fun of it does it really matter all that much if we can see who it is? If we cant actually remove them from the faction? Mabie a solution such as the same member only being able to declare two times before another member has to take over. I mean how often is a lone person going into battle anyway? It seems like a solution of that nature would create far less of a complication for factions than not being able to remove a rogue member.

Sorry for rambling

Thanx for listening

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Faction Member Relations

Not sure if this has been requested in the previous four hundred and fifty posts, but I'd like to see faction member relationships enhanced. for example, allow visiting of member bases without having to be aligned. This would allow us to easily share base creativity.

Enhancing alliances for faction members would be nice as well. Automating alliances and offering "soft" alliances that when they are in the faction they are treated as an ally only in that they will not show up in the rival list and do not count toward your ally count. If they exit the alliance, then they are automatically back on the rival list.

Oh and if it hasn't been requested to "favorite" allies, it would be nice to have that also to prevent hunting through an ally list for someone.

Peace out

Post Count

All good suggestions...

I agree with all the ideas in this thread. I especially liked the suggestion about a way to keep track of who is donating and who isn't. What also would be nice is a separate tab in the game app forum for Faction Alerts. Everything gets all cluttered and something might be missed when people are talking and also Faction Alerts are being logged. A separate tab for FAs would solve this problem.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Requested it a thousend times already: have at least 6 weeks between WD-events and FIX ALL EXISTING PROBLEMS FIRST!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all,

What I'd like to do here is to make a place for all world domination feedback based on the last two events. I want to hear it, the devs want to hear it, we've made changed between the first and second events based on player feedback. Put it here, it will be seen.

I do ask that people keep it constructive; honest opinions either way are requested but keep it constructive (i.e. tell us what you'd like to see different). And please keep it relatively on-topic to World Domination and how we can make that more enjoyable for everyone.

I'll try to post replies as I can for things I know that we can/can't do but as always can't provide answers to every question.

-Chris
    It will be nice if we can give some golds to our faction members, we have some players with 15k of golds and others without anything, it will increase the attacks (and also more golds used)

Post Count
    CJ-

After China, clearly the consolidation of factions into the higher ranks is becoming more clear. The problem, as I see it, is clearly a matter of fun. Games are supposed to be fun and as time goes on those of us in faction with light gold spending view our hard work and strategy with diminishing returns each war. Instead of moving up as we grow stronger we are actually going down in the ranking.

There have been tons of great suggestions. In post after post many people have asked, and sometimes begged, for more time between wars. I would like, on behalf of my faction Semperfi, to add to those voices. Two things:

We need the gold bonus program to continue to count sale vaults of gold. There was another post with an email from Kristen (the person I have always heard from with regard to the bonus program) stating that in order for Gree to counts smaller gold sales it was a necessary trade off to stop counting sale vaults. There were several members who lamented that those people complaining about that should take an Econ class, and that because the change was unilateral it affected everyone the same. Sure, the value of gold did not suddenly decrease. Sure, by the numbers, what can be purchased with gold might slow across the board. But in talking about the wars, one thing is distinct. Gold by the numbers counts. More gold = more hits. Factions and wars increased revenue for Gree, which of course is the point of business. But it did so in tandem with sales and the bonus, because it allowed those of us who would otherwise not have the money to get that many gold bars to have that many through the discount and bonus. For example, I bought gold for the first time during Brazil. 5 vaults at 60 dollars plus tax. 300 dollars and I got 10,000 gold. Then, with only 80% off, it was 400 dollars for 10,000 gold. With the changes now, if i bought those same 5 vaults, I would get 10,000 gold for 500 dollars. Ok, but it works like this. 300 dollars was a stretch. I cannot afford that every month anyway. 400 was a treat with tax returns. 500 is not possible. With my same 300 dollars, now I get 4500 gold. With 4 hits in WD for every 25 bars, well, now we are in a whole lower tier of competition. In that tier, we don't need the gold anyway. I don't see where that made business sense unless there were too few people like me, and the targets for increased revenue were the people who would spend the money regardless of cost. If that is the case, ok. There is one other way this game could still be fun for us. Time.

At the lower ends of the socioeconomic ladder, we need time. Time to save- both real money and in game money for the crazy expensive bonuses. Time to rebuild. Time to upgrade. The upgrade times are very long, and three weeks lets us upgrade maybe 6 things.

Without time, the people that spend a lot of real money (vs. those of us who spend a little) keep moving father ahead, and the gap gets wider each war. They get units that let them upgrade faster, more at a time, increases their attack and defense, and is making them untouchable. I am not referring to the highest factions- they were never within reach for us anyway. It becomes simple. If we can't get better, it's not fun. If we work harder to only see our ranking drop, it's not fun. Knowing that strategy and upgrading is not working is not fun. And now, knowing that my 300 dollars is inconsequential to both Gree and our faction's ranking is really not fun.

But if we had time, time to use the game to increase our strength, we regain the hope that it will be something we do, not how much money we make, that propels us higher.

These wars have ceased to be about the units we get as rewards. What people want is a sense of personal satisfaction. We don't get that with WD points or prizes. We get that when all of our hard work on our bases and during events really pays off and we can see that our effort made a difference.

We were giddy when we went from 378 to 318 from Greenland to Egypt. Still top 500 but we could see our effort paying off. We got stronger to find we placed 418 in China. The factions we played against were not stronger in stats. They just had more gold to make more hits.

That is not fun, that is real life. If we wanted real life we would not play games. LOL. in real life, a lot of times you can work really hard and still not get ahead.

But in cyber reality, with our virtual armies and our virtual wars, we want to have fun. And there is no fun when the ability for personal accomplishment is missing.

I am usually the highest scorer in my faction. Am I proud of that? No, it generally means I just bought more hits. But I also only took 7 losses to my 318 wins. Am I proud of that? Heck yeah, because it reflects my personal strategy. The kicker is that I don't need a faction for that. But I like factions, and I want us to have fun as a faction again in terms of performance.

Please consider the time issue.

Upgrade Costs

I would like to be able to see how much other buildings cost to upgrade while a building is being upgraded. Right now it just says "you can only upgrade one building at a time". Why not let us see at least how much it will cost us so we know how much money to save or how much we'll have to buy.

Post Count

Player Online/Offline Notice

Hi CJ,

This idea has probably been suggested already...

A player online/offline notice would be handy to see how many faction members are available to battle.

Banned
    Post Count

Information

When you are not in a faction, you have no idea what is going on during the war period. Would be nice to get some updates to have an idea what is going on. Now i am in a faction, it would be fun to see the battle scores of the faction

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Fix the bugs please. I cannot stress this enough.

Gold

There where a lot of suggestions. Some good some bad. Our faction is a faction working with strategy, units, friends and not with gold. Gold is disturbing the battles. It's like real life: money makes the world go round. Suggestion: give every faction a certain amount of gold free then there is a gold strategy necessary.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'd like to suggest a faction v faction to replace PvP when you can declare anytime.

Still keep the WD events but it would let factions practice and they could win loot etc if they win the battle.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Dont win war, dont get the WD points

I didnt read thru all 47 pages so maybe this has allready been suggested but it seems like it would give a person more to play for if the o ly won their points if they won the war. Right now it doesnt seem like winning or losing makes a difference. Even adding a bonus for winning would do something

Post Count
    i think there should be 2 competing areas, one for game editors like the pirate united nation and ferrs emperors in one league, and one for people who are not game editors, so there is a chance for other factions to have their name on the winners list and win these ultimate units. similar rewards for all who compete, this i think will make the game more fun for those who are not part of funzio.

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202