unlock the lock ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: unlock the lock ?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

unlock the lock ?

we find that this lockdown thingy restrict our hands... (there is a separate post about ideas of player member management)

can someone please consider this scenario, we can not re-assign def leader to other member.

there is a point of time when a member can surpass the currently assigned def lead, perhaps due to scratches, etc.

but we can not make the most of it.

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count
    Im just not sure what the advantages/disadvantages are of having a DL of any particular level. Perhaps you can help me out. But I wouldn't worry about changing it too much.

Post Count
    You can change d leader between battles.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes we get that bit, but does anyone know what difference it makes?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    DL is your team protector and they are giving their meat to shield all members in the team. in continuous war, this poor dl will loose unit and would struggle to rebuild defense for your team.

one way or another s/he will loose units so much more compared to your team mates and any member could potentially become stronger than DL because they dont loose unit as much.
    (if your DL is full of indestructible unit ,then this is not for your reading.)

there are other possibility when someone in your team hit a good daily scratcher.

with a lockdown, we can not re-arrange the faction for better battle.

This is a leader job to make sure the team is at the optimum state for battle. and give DL a rest and get somebody else to step up.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    DL is your team protector and they are giving their meat to shield all members in the team. in continuous war, this poor dl will loose unit and would struggle to rebuild defense for your team.

one way or another s/he will loose units so much more compared to your team mates and any member could potentially become stronger than DL because they dont loose unit as much.
    (if your DL is full of indestructible unit ,then this is not for your reading.)

there are other possibility when someone in your team hit a good daily scratcher.

with a lockdown, we can not re-arrange the faction for better battle.

This is a leader job to make sure the team is at the optimum state for battle. and give DL a rest and get somebody else to step up.
    You sure about that. The DL has the shield and I understand (might be wrong) that their loss rate is wound down. I think they do OK. We have experiented with a LLP DL before and no issues. We just did it to experiment. Everyone loses units , I'm just not convinced on looking at the stats that they loose more than anyone else. I know the LLP had no issue with extraordinary unit loss.
    I don't know for sure, just challenging the norm.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjctnorris View Post
    You can change d leader between battles.

thank you.

Banned
    Post Count

HoHo, Can I ask it this way.

Have you checked to see what units are lost if you loose, when you attack the DL right at the begining of the game?

Have you checked to see what units are lost by your DL if he looses, when they attack him right at the begining of the game?

Post Count
    Without the lockdown, you could drop members, get matched with a weak opponent, then rejoin the troops and massacre them. Alternatively, if joining, dropping is only allowed between battles, every time half of the faction goes to bed, they would drop and the rest would be matched, again, below your ranking. Finally, prize distribution was always a problematic issue for Gree, this way they can easily and clearly define who gets the prize and who does not. No more tickets about who was part of it for what % and when and such.

I think it is a very good solution to a whole lot of manipulation and complicated problems.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    HoHo, Can I ask it this way.

Have you checked to see what units are lost if you loose, when you attack the DL right at the begining of the game?

Have you checked to see what units are lost by your DL if he looses, when they attack him right at the begining of the game?

our DL lost about 150 of challenger tanks - medium casualty unit, and some other vehicles.

Banned
    Post Count
    our DL lost about 150 of challenger tanks - medium casualty unit, and some other vehicles.
    I have not experienced any losses at all from the loosing DL or the loosing attacker on the 'initial' attack.

Which leads me to believe that those units may be lost during the battle proper and not strictly because she/he was acting as a DL at the time.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that she/he is the first identified but then others follow immediately after that. The better teams will always focus on the highest points player while the others are left alone. Have you considered your total structure surrounding the DL as it links with her/him which is important. The selection of your DL will depend largely on your structure and also the type of teams opposing you. The heavy weight teams may need something different to a much lower ranked team playing in a different environment.

I still don't see a convincing argument why most/all teams hold the same view on a DL other than, that's the way it has always been done. (well for two Countries now. LOL)