Guilds for Free Players on the Forum

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilds for Free Players on the Forum

Banned
    Post Count

Guilds for Free Players on the Forum

Well, I'm not fooling myself into thinking any guild but FUN is gonna take 1st in all the big tourneys coming up, but it stands to reason that there will be consolation prizes for runners up, so let's talk about forming guilds of a non-gem nature.

I'm no leader. Just want to get a thread started for free players on this forum such as myself who think teaming up would be wise what with the coming sea change of gameplay...

Guild names, requirements, logo ideas...whatever furthers the conversation.

Cheers!

Post Count
    Rest asured, there are other groups out there that are going to give FUN a run for their money.
    KA (Coog)
    MQ (Terror Abraxas) DELETED!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hey, I'd be keen to join a guild, I'm a daily free player looking forward to finding out more about how guilds will work.

Post Count
    For the Free players requiring a Guild , or to start one, best to get one of the current Guild leaders to give some advice on how to get started and apply for guild ? If The1 or Bgood or even RK or DW can assist in these queries can you offer advice for people wishing to make a start on their Guild plans, thanking you in advance
    As we would like to see all participate in this inaugural event and the more teams the better ..free...Gem..Light Spender...Light/Heavy

Gree should put something out soon in regards to getting set up anyway.
    Last edited by Ratma2001; 02-17-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Post Count
    I'd definitely be interested in joining a guild for free or light gem players. I would love to join FUN but one of the requirements is you have to spend at least a mountain of gems and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that commitment to this game yet. I plan on trying to be a free player for as long as I can.

Some requirements might be that they are somewhat active on the forum and are a daily player. We want to give everyone a fair chance to join but we should have some minimum requirements if we want to stay competitive....especially against gem players.
    Kingdom Age 547-115-858 Add me

Post Count
    Free guilds can still get great prizes in these events. You just have to be very active during the 3-5 day event and be organized and coordinated.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    in other guild/alliance games, it doesnt necessarily come down to who spends the most money (although that can be a big factor)

in my experience in other games, coordination and player "activeness" are often the major factors to success in an event (i.e. one guild may have 50 members, and if they all join the event and play often, they can beat a higher ranked or better stat guild who spends because they're members may not be as active, and their spending may not compensate for numbers/activity)

I guess I'm mostly echoing what dexter said.

but... for here, there cant simply be one gigantic "free player guild" as there are too many.

what's going to have to happen, once the rules/system for gree's guild is laid out, is that there will probably be a few different guilds formed from this forum, even the RKs may have to form 2 or more different guilds. sometimes you set up a top guild and then a "training" guild for your lower level players to join, and potentially eventually move up to the main guild.

there are many levels of free players here, and the top free players are unlikely to want to pair up with a bunch of players with stats significantly lower than their's. so i expect to see someone start a guild for 100+ or 120+ or similiar guild for free players, maybe 100/100 A/D min or 200/100 min, etc requirements, and thus there will be different levels of free player guilds.

and this will matter when it comes to PvP tournements, etc. or ability to raise IPH due to going overvault, etc

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay01 View Post
    ...and thus there will be different levels of free player guilds.
    Absolutely. I'm all for the minor and major league segregation of free players.

I've got plenty of questions that hopefully will be answered when this is officially announced or whatever.

- Do you think minimum stat requirements will quickly establish guild ranking during events?

- Will guilds of 100+ level free players be able to snag decent prizes when going up against guilds of 120+ level free players?

- What do these tournament brackets look like? Is it a free for all, or are guilds with similar stats paired together to keep things interesting?

Post Count
    I'm a free player I'm KA. My a/d is over 100k if something gets started I'd be happy to join and help out.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I'm a free player I'm KA. My a/d is over 100k if something gets started I'd be happy to join and help out.
    Same situation here.
    KA: 432794529, (name EZ, guild 601635241 "we are family")
    MW: 338 804 809 (not playing anymore)

Post Count
    @ Angry Tilly - Great to see another player from Australia on the forums - seems like we are crawling out of the woodwork.

@Weezy - I consider myself a very light gem spender - Like once every six months when I get an iTunes gift card (I don't buy them).

I would be interested in joining a guild with forumites.
    KA [DW] Angel 273-518-398
    MQ Nakor 683-670-209

Post Count
    The best plan is to start working on things now as The1 is, just P.M potential candidates ask the question and go from there, otherwise you might just get left out in the cold . There should be a FREE Guild prize and Light Gem so forth and so on , but there will be a lot of Guilds with some having mixture of both but there will be teething problems until the first war is over then we will all know what do to! it should be based on your stats and not your Money !, you stats will bring you into a Guild your money will BUY you into a Guild, you may have to contribute a small amount of gems for some, choose the 1 that suits your style of play and be realistic with your options and goal, Myself i am not that strong so I have chosen a lessor stat team for my style and i understand i could be in THE1 team, yes he will probably win but i want to help my team i dont want to Leach from the top dogs i want to EARN my place ,I like the Challenge and want to push myself. if i wanted top prizes all the time i would spend thousand on it , i dont ..some do Kudos to them, play your style add to the team what you can and dont over evaluate yourself, Yes some cost money to get in some dont, its your choice ! Look at them all ask questions and go with who you are comfortable with.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Free player here, hoping to ne recruited by a good guild too!
    " Beer is living proof that God loves us and want us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin -

KA Add Me Plz 383 268 244 nick Pollo
    CC Add Me Plz 674 970 158 nick Pollo
    New account in CC! 123 872 039 nick Fenice79 Plz Add me!
    MW Add Me Plz 122 930 727 nick Pollo
    MW new account! Add me Plz! 520 327 465 SuicideRabbit
    MQ. 659 556 768 nick Gaina
    Dragon realm 958235773 nick Polaris
    Dragon realm 628785863 nick Polaris

Banned
    Post Count
    Free player here, crap stats atm but working on getting dragons in a month or 2, know its a bit late at lvl 101 :P

great HS though, very active PvE player

as for a guildname, im in a guild named GoldenWings on another game, would be awesome if we could get something similar going here

Lurker
    Post Count
    Angel - hello from Oz! There do seem to be a few of us about

I'm probably going to be in the training guild (if that's the way things go), Lvl 69, attack 49k, def 68k hoping to get my dragons in the next month or so!