GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prize rankings

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by soulnmysole View Post
    Good. Rewarding teams that finish in the top 5,000 or 10,000 is silly. When did it become commendable to place in the top 10.000 in anything lol.
    I would assume its commendable for those factions below that. Wouldn't you think?

The cut off can be anywhere. It could also be only one prize with 3 or 4 factions playing.

I guess the cut off point for some is anywhere so long as they are in it. So if you were in a top 25 faction. I guess the thought is cut it off at 50. If you were in a faction ranked 9,000. I guess it would be a 10,000 cut off?

Does it really matter if its cut off at 10,000 or 100,000. Give them all something for putting up with the constant problems. The problems are just as frustrating at the top or at the bottom.
    Last edited by Wai; 02-16-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wai, gotta say I agree with you, everyone should get something for participating. And the unit they gave yesterday doesn't come close to compensating for the problems from B4B, much less what we're still going through!

And I'm not just saying this cuz my faction is suckin in this round, lol.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bump.....

27 secs of your time please RJ54 ???

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

CJ can you please answer this?

Can a member do the moderation team please answer why you changed the goalposts in this battle.
    No problem if you want to do it for the future battles but it was advertised right up to and including the start as top 10,000

Lurker
    Post Count

Gree's standard "correction"

This is a total bait and switch (lol, a "moving target" sounds almost like a bait and switch of a description of a bait and switch), but it's par for course for Gree- that's just how they roll...

If it was a typo, then fix it at the last second when event starts, (with an apology given way later if people complain enough) even though they advertised it for however long. I would just say to stop participating in the events or quit the game altogether... I'm considering it right now, after playing six months, and dealing with things like this.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was asking the same to our team, I Romberg the special prize for the top 42. I didn't see it since long now

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    Yeh, noticed it in the middle of the first battle. I know have a screen shot of the original prize tiers. Will look. I swear you need to take snapshots of everything in this game as proof of one thing or another.
    Troof.

This, for me, has been a more recent lesson in MW. Once factions were created, this newfound communication between players increased my sensitivity to glitches/peculiarities/...*cough* *cough* exploitation *cough* And then I started the daily screenshot routine. Huh, I guess I should create a photo folder just for that. Not a bad idea, no, sir.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All in all, it really doesn't matter if he comments or not. He knows what they did was wrong. They don't care. They will do it again next time also. This is how the MW part of Gree operates. They promise one thing and give you something else. If your looking for integrity in this company you are sadly never going to find it.

And if your looking for that 50 gold they promised, not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Ajk; 02-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Steady Scribe Hub_Master_General's Avatar
    Post Count
    What is really interesting that the argument they used for ignoring the unified MW Community’s cry for a shorter event. CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things. Does it depend on their mode or phase of the moon? What The f*%k Heck? (below is the cactual quote)

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Two reasons. One, we have a strict schedule due to technical and resource reasons, and things can collapse or pile up when that schedule gets altered. More importantly though, the prime hours for this are already announced in the game. Extending or flexing existing dates are one thing, short delays are one thing, but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that. There was no good win situation for this one, but this is the best way to do it.
    the Hub Master General

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hub_Master_General View Post
    What is really interesting that the argument they used for ignoring the unified MW Community’s cry for a shorter event. CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things. Does it depend on their mode or phase of the moon? What The f*%k Heck? (below is the cactual quote)
    Nice. Great point. This alone should tell people what this company is full of, and its not good.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hub_Master_General View Post
    CJ said that they couldn't move it and had to make it longer because, “…but once we've told people "be here around now" that's not something we can take back or our players will be on us about that.” I mean really, they can’t take that back but they change other things.
    Excellent point. All just frustrating and deflating. I don't care where they place the tiers, just don't change them with hardly any notice so people can prepare or not prepare accordingly.

Ah, so that's it. Advertising lower level prizes at 1k, 5k and 10k brings more people in thinking they have a shot at a little something.

This just in.... If you're in the top 250 and but your faction name contains more than four vowels you only get the top 1000 prize.
    “Nembutol numbs it all
    But I prefer alcohol"

-J. Strummer

CB - VFF Elite Rangers

Lurker
    Post Count

Nice Bait and Switch

I registered with these forums just to reply to this thread. I am by no means a big gold buyer, but I generally will buy gold to maintain our current rank or try to push the next rank. I bought gold to ensure my faction would receive the original top 1000 reward. After Gree's "Bait and Switch," I will no longer be spending a dime on this game. The change was beyond inconsiderate and is a prime example of why no one takes these app games seriously. I will now be going out of my way to talk my faction members; or anyone I can, out of spending money on this game anymore. I hope Gree is happy with their decision.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I want to know because when the tier suddenly changed in game it happened to be a typo....during BFB. The payout, as far as know from my own prize, remained the same as was stated in CJ's sticky about the event. This info along with other previous stated info, for what ever reason, was left out of his sticky for this BFG.

So I want to know is the ingame info incorrect after the sudden change, as we the case last event...or is the ingame info correct and was changed moments before, or possibly during, the event.

26 seconds of your time please...my next post will be a new thread calling out CJ directly, so I will know for certain this is going ignored.
    Last edited by Morg; 02-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Post Count
    This is becoming a joke gree you did this in the battle for brazil, however you did pay out as per the original prize layout, you had better pay out the same as original layout again, and if you want to change next time then post it from day one!!!!
    I'm getting more and more sick of this gree and others too ,better sort your act out or you will see your profitable business go down the gurgler......

Post Count
    This isn't right to all the other players who could've gotten a top 5,000 and 10,000 prize, but will now get nothing. These players might have even bought some gold before the event to get to the top 5000, but now it looks like they wasted their money. Gree needs to change the rankings back. They can use the top 250, 1000, and 4000 ranking system next time, but at least give a notice about e changes before the event starts.
    Last edited by IlliniFan1; 02-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Modern War Alliance Code: 437-990-068