• Yes

46 33.09%
  • No

93 66.91%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the New Vault Going To Destroy The Game

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It won't ruin the game. Players will ALWAYS reach for upgrades higher than their vaults. New huge buildings = new huge vault. Nothing has changed in the mechanics of the game, other than we get to raid massive buildings to raid even more money. If you want the big buildings introduced then there should be no complaint with bigger vaults. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I got my ACs and AMRs by killing a bunch of bosses at once, selling a few buildings, growing a palm tree farm, and in the case of the last AMR, just saving up and raiding for 4 days without getting attacked a single time at lev 185 with 55k def....even during the PvP event lol. My low vault/non-gold player was not a factor in buying any of my four new big buildings for over $400 million. The new buildings also help greatly with buying expensive faction bonuses which will continue to be introduced which I'm sure nobody will complain about. Also, stud players will be able to exponentially increase iph faster than smaller stat players, and in turn increase faction bonuses faster, and in turn receive great WD unit rewards, creating even more power separation between stud players and lesser-advanced players. If you don't like the vault, give GREE the WD bonuses, faction bonuses, and high IPH buildings back by all means! Everyone always finds something to complain about, oh brother.
    Last edited by supadjp; 02-08-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Those of us that play CC know what this brings. PvP in is pretty much non existent, just a big camp fest everyone just vaults their cash, sometimes takes me 2 hours of opening profiles to find 1 target even worth attacking.

One of the reasons I came to this game because it had the vault limitations which seemed to promote more PvP and the use use of planning, strategy, skill, risk taking.

When it comes to Gree making changes the 1st thought is follow the money, but I have a hard time thinking how this could promote gold spend in any way. All this does is promote weak thoughtless players to even be more weak.

So disappointed I'm relatively new to this game but I just hate to see it go more the direction of CC where skill and patience mean very little.
    Crime City 273-630-322 and 317-443-276
    Kingdom Age 488-876-644 and 971-958-815
    Modern War 801-860-998 and 538 208 181
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "Undocumented worker" is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

Post Count
    As someone who is built to drain money yeah it hurts everything I've done, spent time & money on so far
    WD- Greenland : Rank 24th
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots
    I am the Faction Leader - Callsign - Diesel

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Ground Defense Forces Bonus
    30% Infantry Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Apply: 347-861-124

If you apply PM me here with your Level & Stats, thanks!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHoosier View Post
    So disappointed I'm relatively new to this game but I just hate to see it go more the direction of CC where skill and patience mean very little.
    Erm...pretty sure this helps campers, too.

Not that many of our campers get hit much...

The reason CC is getting low on PvP is because there is no endgame. No point. Once you're level 200 and have a golden (or RP) army there's no use for cash.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    With my faction iph bonus, my ACs and AMRs mean a $10,375,000 per day increase....plus faster saving time for upgrading other buildings. How many players attack over-vault players for $10 million per day? Not many I'm sure as they are very hard to find....and the increased raiding opportunity makes up for any difference anyways. I'll take the net daily cash gain and donate donate donate for ever-greater faction bonuses any day! The strong only get stronger with the new vault size due to the faction bonuses and WD rewards. I'd be surprised if new cash units aren't on the horizon too. Bottom line, strong players daily cash and stats have increased faster than weak players since introducing the new faction, IPH, and vault components of the game, and will only separate even further as time goes on. Factions/WD/bigger vault has made campers all but obsolete, not that camping was a bad strategy in the first place. Don't be surprised if ally count increases next. I'm sure level 200 strong players will have no problem with that. It is the natural evolution of the game.
    Last edited by supadjp; 02-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Erm...pretty sure this helps campers, too.

Not that many of our campers get hit much...

The reason CC is getting low on PvP is because there is no endgame. No point. Once you're level 200 and have a golden (or RP) army there's no use for cash.
    Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player. This last CC event with the 500 PvP win reward, was so boring was almost like work. No reason to even check profiles just mindlessly attack until your stamina runs out. I think out of 500 wins I maybe got 100k cash in total and since raiding buildings don't count in the totals it makes it even more mindless.

Creating long term high IPH in this game is slow going, so for newer players raiding has to be part of your strategy unless you want to camp for months and with factions your going to miss out on the fun stuff. My main point it just seems like the vault changes promotes camp like behaviour more than promoting action.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "Undocumented worker" is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

Consistent Contributor Domino_brown's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think this will make raiding much better in the long run. With a bigger vault people will be able to do more expensive upgrades.
    With attacking there is a $300,000 limit (for now) per hit , I feel that it will soon be easy to raid for double that per hit.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player. This last CC event with the 500 PvP win reward, was so boring was almost like work. No reason to even check profiles just mindlessly attack until your stamina runs out. I think out of 500 wins I maybe got 100k cash in total and since raiding buildings don't count in the totals it makes it even more mindless.

Creating long term high IPH in this game is slow going, so for newer players raiding has to be part of your strategy unless you want to camp for months and with factions your going to miss out on the fun stuff. My main point it just seems like the vault changes promotes camp like behaviour more than promoting action.
    Raiding actually does count in PvP events.

I don't understand how a bigger vault promotes camping. Campers don't get attacked anyways since they're stronger than the players in their levels. Campers miss out on PvP rewards, WD rewards, and great farming units. If they want to become weaker and weaker relative to the majority of players, good for the majority of players. What's with the anti-camping movement anyways? It's an excellent strategy for very patient-minded players up until faction reward units and bonuses were introduced, and a good game play style for less active players. Bigger vaults are all but meaningless to campers. I camp with my secondary account and am over vault all the time and never get attacked so bigger vault changes nothing. Camping may be mindless but buying strength is even more mindless in my opinion.
    Last edited by supadjp; 02-08-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by supadjp View Post
    Raiding actually does count in PvP events.
    Not in CC events (sorry if that was unclear - that's what we were talking about. Wrong forum, understood).
    Well on your way to 200 there is not much fun, it takes little strategy or skill either at least for a PvP minded player.
    Ok...so why do you care if other people don't want to be PVP minded and want to set up their tents for a while? Seems silly to B&M about the way others play their game. Sounds like they have a better strategy and more skill since they're able to piss you off without even attacking you.
    Again, you're losing the game by caring how other people play. My camper account is just as fun as my main account because it's a different challenge. Remember that IPH is the only stat that free players can compete in - they're not going to be able to effectively raise their IPH if they're in the shark tank. So it sounds like they probably do have more skill and strategy than you, after all.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor bbprofitz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    So if what people are saying the Vault is going to be increased all the way up to 100. There is now no Insentive for you to build a strong army to make yourself strong enough to go overvault. Now people will just sit with there crappy armies and mass IPH and not have to think about tactics of getting boosts upgrade,units and cash building upgrade balance right. Just my view wats yours.
    i agree 1000000%

Level 80+ free player
    "big daddy" uk flag

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Not in CC events (sorry if that was unclear - that's what we were talking about. Wrong forum, understood).Ok...so why do you care if other people don't want to be PVP minded and want to set up their tents for a while? Seems silly to B&M about the way others play their game. Sounds like they have a better strategy and more skill since they're able to piss you off without even attacking you. Again, you're losing the game by caring how other people play. My camper account is just as fun as my main account because it's a different challenge. Remember that IPH is the only stat that free players can compete in - they're not going to be able to effectively raise their IPH if they're in the shark tank. So it sounds like they probably do have more skill and strategy than you, after all.
    I'm sorry if I came across as being negative on campers, I have my camper accounts also. Although I think there are several degrees of camping styles mine might be more like turtleing.

I guess where I'm torn is I seem to think there has to be some ideal middle ground of using a combination of strong
    economy building, PvP , event loot. I think Factions added some new possibilities along these lines. I got the impression that MW could lend to more to finding that ideal. Just seems there is more texture to MW than CC or KA. I wish i had started MW sooner, the other 2 seem boring in comparison.

I think when you say that IPH is the only stat that non gold players can compete in is a bit strong. I think there is a way for a thinking and patient player to be very competitive without gold. Now this may be different at shark tank levels. I'm only a Tapjoy gold spender and I've never felt uncompetitive in any of the Gree games I look through tons of profiles and rarely see any competitive to mine, especially in the amount of time I have been playing.

Fortunately I found these forums early and did a lot of reading before gaining a bunch of levels. I don't have a problem with leveling but every XP point I gain has a purpose.

I so enjoy these discussions because it helps to lead me closer to finding that ideal middle ground of play style I want to believe exists. I have found a home in MW and look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.

Post Count
    A large vault doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be ruined, it just means a lot of raiding will be taking place. True, 100 mil is a lot and anyone can now get one of the limited edition money buildings without any difficulty. Maybe max 75 mil, so there is at least a challenge to getting one. They also can just sit there and not do anything, get beaten by people with strong armies, but they will lose no money. I agree with the fact 100 mil is to much, but I think everyone is happy that it is going over 10 mil, which is so little. I don't think this game will not be worth playing because of a possible 100 mil vault, but it just means more raiding in PvP.
    Modern War Alliance Code: 437-990-068

Post Count
    100 mil vault won't kill the game but will take a way a big part of the fun we get from playing. For a lot of us who were taking pleasure of emptying those nice big cash cows, we'll need to find another way to find our fun.

There should have been a middle point. A 25 mil vault would have been good.
    VFF members are welcome to add, send pm to
    941 028 891

Post Count
    Great my hard work for the last year has been nerfed overnight , now even a 5 year old wil have the ability to overtake me
    MW:558 634 055

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    68 to 33 as right now! Overwhelmingly 2 to 1 in favor of bigger vault. Thread fails and case closes.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”