CJ54 - Duplicate Faction Names in B4B Winners List - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CJ54 - Duplicate Faction Names in B4B Winners List

Post Count
    Yes, this is so commendable of you to go to the time to gather this data ? I wondered about dup. names at the battle when one faction was asleep at the wheel? Thank you CJ for reviewing this possible lapse.
    Modern War Alliance 694-469-020 (Wallace)
    Crime City Mafia 605-321-519 (Magino)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    So the engineers looked into this, and we actually have a bug in the code that allowed some duplicate guild names (which wasn't intended, they're supposed to be unique). Those are actually different factions with different internal IDs, this has been verified.
    Ok that is what I thought happened so what do we need to do to :
    1. Know where we placed in Brazil
    2. Get this corrected so we don't continue to have factions with duplicate names?

I'm sure a lot of tickets have been placed because people scrolled down the list and saw their factions name at a higher rank than the prizes they received even if they had the same exact spelling/capitalization.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    I've been down in the trenches with the crew, mainly. We have a lot of tickets right now.
    More bugs leads to more tickets. How high can the new vault go?
    MODERN WAR and CRIME CITY
    Destroy the world one n00b at a time.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    How can we find out where we finished in Brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by SomersetGuy View Post
    Ok that is what I thought happened so what do we need to do to :
    1. Know where we placed in Brazil
    2. Get this corrected so we don't continue to have factions with duplicate names?

I'm sure a lot of tickets have been placed because people scrolled down the list and saw their factions name at a higher rank than the prizes they received even if they had the same exact spelling/capitalization.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SomersetGuy View Post
    How can we find out where we finished in Brazil?
    Go to THIS link and press CTRL + F. That will bring up a word/phrase finder. Enter your faction name and it will bring you to where your name is. If it doesn't, you didn't make top 10,000.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebot121256 View Post
    Go to THIS link and press CTRL + F. That will bring up a word/phrase finder. Enter your faction name and it will bring you to where your name is. If it doesn't, you didn't make top 10,000.
    Thanks Dudebot. The trouble with that is my faction's name "United States Marine Corp" shows up in 8 different places. CJ has confirmed that those are different factions but we still would like to know where we placed and what can be done to prevent this from happening in the future. I listed all of the duplicate faction names in the top 6000.

I would think that it would be pretty easy to pull the invite codes so we could search by a unique identifier. Names are not unique.
    Last edited by SomersetGuy; 02-12-2013 at 10:43 AM.