Which valor units?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which valor units?

Post Count

Talking Which valor units?

I'm a level 129 with 38k attack and 39k defence, but I want to be up at the 60k range. I attack people all the time, with between 100-200 attacks per day. Right now, I'm keeping Expert Attack Drones (95), Super Hornets (140), Stealth Frigates (170), and building up with Elite Ops Helicopters (28 right now). I'm trying to keep the numbers of these units steady, because I've found that if you have more than 140 Super Hornets, they start dying faster. However, what keeping steady does is it uses all 2000 valor I earn right away. Should I be stockpiling 60k valor, then buying 100 Elite Ops Helicopters? Should I be buying the valor units I am, the way I am?

Post Count
    I'd like to know this as well. I'm on level 41 and my stats are 16k/16k and I have 50k valor stockpiled but I don't know what to spend it on.
    Last edited by SoccerStud; 02-03-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Stupid mistake

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerStud View Post
    I'd like to know this as well. I'm on level 41 and my stats are 16k/16k and I have 500k valor stockpiled but I don't know what to spend it on.
    I would buy some super hornets and raise my attack to 50k to 60k range and beat the bosses in that tier for free LOL.
    The last boss event's loots were very nice, you can easily get 6k+ in attack at the end of boss 35.

Man wish I had 500k valor. LOL

Post Count
    I meant 50k valor, hahaha, I wish I had 500k valor as well

Post Count
    Truthfully I'm just mass buying super hornet's. Level 49 with 138 super hornet's. got 29k atk and 30k def (boost building is level 1 and composite lvl 6).

I could be much higher but joined a faction I really don't have the stats for... been using all money for IPH so i can donate

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xVeng3anc3 View Post
    I'm a level 129 with 38k attack and 39k defence, but I want to be up at the 60k range. I attack people all the time, with between 100-200 attacks per day. Right now, I'm keeping Expert Attack Drones (95), Super Hornets (140), Stealth Frigates (170), and building up with Elite Ops Helicopters (28 right now). I'm trying to keep the numbers of these units steady, because I've found that if you have more than 140 Super Hornets, they start dying faster. However, what keeping steady does is it uses all 2000 valor I earn right away. Should I be stockpiling 60k valor, then buying 100 Elite Ops Helicopters? Should I be buying the valor units I am, the way I am?
    It depends on your strategy and what you want to do. Do you want more attack, defense, or both? Also take into account what flag you are running under, will one of the units give you better stats with nation boost? Do you have good cash units to serve as meatshields? These are the questions you have to ask yourself, and then go from there. Good luck

Post Count
    I usually hoard expert attack drones and elite ops helicopters, 100+ of each right now
    Modern War Alliance Code: 437-990-068

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    best unit???

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    There are a number of factors to consider including but not limited to:
    - What nation are you, i.e. do you have a 10% boost on one unit type?
    - What is the status of your boost buildings?
    - What is the lowest stat unit that you bring into battle? (if it's 20/20 for example then buying a super hornet only adds 16/6).
    - What is the consumption rate of each valour unit? While you may be able to get a better stat boost with 100 expert attack drones, they are more likely to die than Elite Ops Helis.
    - you also need to remember that the consumption rate applies to every unit you bring to battle, if you have twice the number of a unit with half the consumption; then you have the same overall risk of one dying and are probably bringing less A/D to battle than you could.

Here are the valour unit stats summarised to help, ranked by casualty/consumption rate (unit, A/D, consumption):
    Stealth Frigate, 31/18, 0.00125
    Elite Water Cruiser, 41/65, 0.0015
    Super Hornet, 36/26, 0.0015
    Elite Ops Jet Fighter, 100/65, 0.0018
    Elite Siege Tank, 82/59, 0.002
    Experimental Soldier, 64/61, 0.002
    Elite Ops Helicopter, 37/48, 0.003
    M270 MLRS, 17/37, 0.00375
    Expert Attack Drone, 46/30, 0.004
    Hardened Marine, 31/35, 0.004
    GIGN, 22/29, 0.0075
    Last edited by jon_funzio; 02-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Post Count
    jon_funzio provided some great advice. Mine is implied in what he said, but let me rephrase. May I suggest that you get the highest unit you can afford. Over time you will stop bringing those lower units, like Super Hornets, into battle. In terms of how many, please look at the marginal gain for every incremental unit. You can decide for yourself how much valor is worth and how much stat increase you expect for every 100 valor spent. Under all scenarios GIGNs are dreadful, and nobody to my knowledge has Elite Ops Jet Fighters due to a bug in the game (only low double digits players are affected).

Proud REG vet: 3rd PVP2, 4th BfB, 4th PVP3
    ___
    Free Player, Retired, Dec '11 - Feb '13
    Used to accept forum members as allies by booting strangers to make space upon PM
    Please keep it civil on the forums

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i've noticed the opposite casualty rates for the elite ops heli, expert attack drone and the super hornet. I lose the super hornet and expert attack drone 2-3 times more often than the elite ops heli. It might have something to do with my boost buildings, which are all at level 6, or it could be i'm not bringing as many to battle so they don't die off as fast.

that being said, i quit buying the super hornet once i got 150 of them and started to focus on the stealth frigate and the heli.

i hope that nonsense above helps.

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    You need to spread them out, not to concentrate on any particular unit.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Jon_funzio really nailed it with his advice.

What I've gone for is Stealth Frigates for two keys reasons; Firstly my nation is UK so immediately my nation boost turns the Frigate from 31 attack to 34 (ignoring other boost). Secondly I'm totally attacked focus so not particularly bothered by the fact the frigate's defences aren't very good. So value for money, the Frigate gives me better value than the Super Hornet. I've got 380 frigates vs 22 Super Hornets.

This works for me but if I were a different nation or had a different emphasis on defence vs attack, I would choose differently.

At some point. I will probably need a unit with higher stats but at the moment, adding a Frigate increases my attack stats by 20-24. With boost I'm at attack 35k with 270 alliance members (although my average is 32 attack per alliance member, that's skewed by a bunch of high end indestructibles). So at level 83 I still got plenty of scope for getting more Valor points.

As a non-gold player that doesn't have a good IPH, Valor units are key to my strength.

Lurker
    Post Count

Help with a\d

There is a lot of good info but I'm still a little confused. I am under Russia level 93 with 20.590A and 24242 D my skills are 69A, 53D, 1190E, 36S. I have 905 alliance members with 2206 unites, mostly mixed with more toward lower end. I think Russia is air bonus. I have all four boost building:navel lev1, infirmary lev 4, genetics lev5, electronics lev5,hangar lev2 and composites lev1 and that is my next to get to lev5 then hanger. I have 34k in valor saved.
    I'm looking for suggestions to stay competitive with my levels, trying to build A\D. What units\air should i be looking to get lots of?

Thanks

Post Count
    Expert attack drones help in increasing strength.