Comprehensive skill point allocation thread?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive skill point allocation thread?

Banned
    Post Count

Comprehensive skill point allocation thread?

Ok, at level 200 with all areas maxed out to 5 what are the total skill points available to allocate? Where should they go?

1. Where are your skills allocated?

2. Where do you wish you had them?
    (Is energy great for mining explosives 'n' such, but then, when finally maxed on everything farmable late endgame, useless?)
    (Are defense points worth it?)

3. What are the equations governing influence of Attack and Defense skill points? I've read mention of it, but never seen the numbers. I would argue that, knowing that the game takes this long from the beginning that only lvl 150-200 numbers are relevant.

4. What are the extremes and the advantages? Can you, from the beginning, dump everything into Defense and be Inedestructable at level 200?

1. 32 22 3940 69
    2. 10 10 4000 100
    (10's for SaG and 4000 will be nice and 100 will tide me over every day) I assume I am wrong and am hoping someone will prove it so that I may see why.

I would do the math myself but I have no clue what all I started with at the beginning of the game back in April. I also got 6 points to allocate one level up, and then two levels later didn't get any. I might not have gotten them the level before that. Unsure of the whole thing. Drunk except for the double lvl up.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    Ok, at level 200 with all areas maxed out to 5 what are the total skill points available to allocate? Where should they go?

1. Where are your skills allocated?

2. Where do you wish you had them?
    (Is energy great for mining explosives 'n' such, but then, when finally maxed on everything farmable late endgame, useless?)
    (Are defense points worth it?)

3. What are the equations governing influence of Attack and Defense skill points? I've read mention of it, but never seen the numbers. I would argue that, knowing that the game takes this long from the beginning that only lvl 150-200 numbers are relevant.

4. What are the extremes and the advantages? Can you, from the beginning, dump everything into Defense and be Inedestructable at level 200?

1. 32 22 3940 69
    2. 10 10 4000 100
    (10's for SaG and 4000 will be nice and 100 will tide me over every day) I assume I am wrong and am hoping someone will prove it so that I may see why.

I would do the math myself but I have no clue what all I started with at the beginning of the game back in April. I also got 6 points to allocate one level up, and then two levels later didn't get any. I might not have gotten them the level before that. Unsure of the whole thing. Drunk except for the double lvl up.
    I put all my skill points to energy & stamina,little bit on the attack & defence.
    I'm at lower levels.
    I think that maybe Limited time quests will start and in CC(in Mq & Ka they exist).So this is a good strategy for the future events if they start and in the Cc
    Last edited by DragCro; 01-30-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    The answer is simple...

1) Don't put anything into Attack or Defence.
    2) Ensure you're energy is in the 2500-3500 range, and stamina is 100-150+.

The baseline calculation for determining the minimal energy and stamina levels should be based on how long, on average, you sleep for and how much the energy/stamina levels will refill by over that period. These calculations depend upon whether you have any of the bonuses that accelerate the rate of refill.

Any leftover skill points should be directed into whatever you see fit, but Stamina is the preferred option IMO.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Post Count
    Are you saying it pointless put skill point into defence or attack ?

I thought it makes a difference i thought each skill point add 0.1 % on either attack or defence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    Are you saying it pointless put skill point into defence or attack ?

I thought it makes a difference i thought each skill point add 0.1 % on either attack or defence?
    it's not pointless if you play boss events than you can invest into the attack skills,but long term most of the skill p invest into stamina & energy.
    [FK] TITAN

Banned
    Post Count
    You could go with little/nothing in attack/defense and put it all into energy and stamina. This would make more sense if you plan to spend a lot of gold on stats, because when you have really high stats the extra boost from whatever skill points is a negligible contribution to your total.

Or, since nobody really knows the full extent to which skill points are factored into fight/rob calculations, you could do the exact opposite. Dump everything into attack and defense, saving only enough skill points to buy you 50 stamina and 1200* energy, since those are the amounts you get for gold purchased refills. (*energy refill actually only gives 1000 energy, but the "toughest" map boss requires >1000 energy per hit iirc)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Attack and Defense skill points are effectively 10x. Hasn't this been verified?

Hard to recommend using 3 skill points on defense when you can accomplish the same thing with 1 Sniper's Den.

You can verify it with the damage you make against bosses versus your mafia attack on the next boss event. Then again, I have invested _too heavily_(?) into defense skill points and very rarely get robbed, so maybe its good for something. I figure that it's because I limit my mafia to what I can well equip and have almost only L1 defense structures (so my actual defense score is nearly equal to my mafia defense... possibly greater due to skill points).

My experience with energy is that it replenishes faster at higher levels, so I think the upper limit there should be ~3x the toughest job. I just checked an old loot spreadsheet that I found and some of the upper level bosses are ridiculous! (~20k) I think I'd still like at least 4800, maybe 5440, or as many as 6850. It doesn't seem like that adds up, however.

Hard for me to imagine utilizing 150 energy as they refill faster than I can find worthy targets. However, occasionally I want more to punish someone, so I've been concentrating on that (I have substantially fewer than 100).

Overall, I aGREE with DragCro

M@

Post Count
    Long term you'll get bored with attacking and robbing and your stamina will sit there unused. 50 is a good number because it lets you play PVP events without having to log on every 10 minutes, and you get the full value of your stamina refills if you choose to use them. Energy is useful because presumably long term they will give us better items to farm that will take more energy, but at the moment it looks like farming will always be dominated by event prizes, so who really cares about farming anymore? Once you get 500 TLC or TNT and slowly start dropping those to event prizes, your energy will be sitting there unused.

Defense is useless. If you're not a big gold spender, don't bother defending. You're gonna lose. If you're a big gold spender, skill points are negligible as has been said before.

I guess that leaves attack. There's my advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHoop View Post
    My experience with energy is that it replenishes faster at higher levels,
    In what universe?

so I think the upper limit there should be ~3x the toughest job. I just checked an old loot spreadsheet that I found and some of the upper level bosses are ridiculous! (~20k) I think I'd still like at least 4800, maybe 5440, or as many as 6850. It doesn't seem like that adds up, however.

M@
    Well, at least if you do that you won't have to worry about how many points to put in the other three categories. You probably won't have any left.

Consistent Contributor MoarKrabs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Most of my points went into energy and attack, although I did make the mistake of spending some in defense and not putting much in stamina. Ah well, I'm not that high leveled anyways compared to some of the users here.
    It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was #1!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I didn't really figure out what I was doing till I joined the forum a while after I hit level 120 so I think I made a few mistakes.
    Energy 2030
    Stamina 52
    105 ish Atk
    90 ish def (in hindsight would not have bothered and should have put them in stamina!)
    Level 156

Consistent Contributor MoarKrabs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Leezygeezer View Post
    I didn't really figure out what I was doing till I joined the forum a while after I hit level 120 so I think I made a few mistakes.
    Energy 2030
    Stamina 52
    105 ish Atk
    90 ish def (in hindsight would not have bothered and should have put them in stamina!)
    Level 156
    Not too bad compared to me (I only have 10 stamina lol, gonna change that with future level-ups) but yeah, allocate future points in energy and possibly attack. You've got good enough stamina and defense is mostly a way to troll other attackers (considering I've lost fights with other players when I had a 2000 attack advantage).

Finishing an area's jobs to level 5 is also a good way to get that much-needed skill point.
    It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was #1!

Banned
    Post Count
    Anyone lvl 200 out there wish that they had more stamina or more energy?
    Do you run out of either or both? Does any sit there unused? When you master the final few areas where do you plan on putting the points?

My atk and def were mostly misclicks. I'd planned on 10 and 10 from the beginning. I can reach 4000 energy and 100 stamina by level 200 if I max one more hood. That seems to be the plan. Thanks.

Post Count
    Anyone lvl 200 out there wish that they had more stamina or more energy?
    Yes

Do you run out of either or both?
    Yes

Does any sit there unused?
    Yes

When you master the final few areas where do you plan on putting the points?
    Depends - Is Gree going to fix the Android 2 click loot issue? and when are syndicates coming?

Post Count
    I have mine at 53 attack and defense each, 3000+ energy, and 80 stamina... And I'm happy where they are 😄
    MODERN WAR and CRIME CITY
    Destroy the world one n00b at a time.