99 "Rapid Strike MG21" (84/112) - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 99 "Rapid Strike MG21" (84/112)

Post Count
    My suggestions to GREE post had the following suggestion -

GREE could setup a separate TEST environment for BETA testers and test their scripts BEFORE running them on the LIVE environment. Although there is a initial cost to setting it up, in the long run it could actually save them money if they look at the bigger picture.

Considering the time and effort to resolve these issues, if GREE had a TEST environment, maybe a lot of these issues wouldn't arise in the first place.

Post Count
    So I'm curious how many of the ones who had 4,6,8,12 sets of WD toys didn't play the game while having said units? Did those individuals do any PVP? Did they play boss events and kill more bosses for free? Did they get the arctic drillers snowmobile for free when they wouldn't have otherwise?

Anyone that had multiple sets and continued to play the game was in violation of the TOS. It was a also a Gree glitch and has been exploited. So are all these people going to be brought before vigilante justice too?
    Last edited by BigD@wg; 01-29-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    it comes down to the fact there was a cheat on their team and they benefited from points earned by this person.
    For the record, they also benefited because the presence of those units kept a number of our players from being able to score on that player and I would guess other factions who faced them experienced that too. Our scouting efforts when we faced them indicated this was their weakest player. Had those units not been in that player's inventory, more players in my faction who were present for that battle would have been able to score substantially more points on them.

That was the thing that ticked me off the most. Reg was hardly the only faction we lost to, but it was the only faction we were denied points to because of questionable units like that in someone's inventory. That's what makes it bitter for me and I seriously doubt that people in Reg would be as understanding about this as they seem to want others to be, if they were denied points because of questionable units like that in an opposing players inventory.
    Last edited by Warfiend; 01-29-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: getting my toos and tos mixed up
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Post Count
    What I find funny about this thread is that most of the people that run their mouth are also the people that have taken advantage of other glitches in the game.

Go run through some high stat peoples inventory and let me know how many Wolverine tanks they have, along with Spec ops Cruisers. You see, that was the first "glitched" LE set. It was an obvious glitch to anyone who has bought LE sets. Alot of folks reported it, but they made sure they filled up on them in case Gree failed to reverse it.

Or maybe we should talk about the invisible folks. Yep, how many of you enjoy being 130+ and can never be attacked through the rival list? You think you would have that AC center if everyone could see you? Doubt it.

Fact is, we don't have time to make a thread to call everyone out for taking advantage of a "glitch". But I sure know to refrain from calling others out when I'm not perfect myself.

There are those that take advantage of a glitch, and then there are those that just haven't found one themselves...
    MW ID: Ryans67
    617-935-486

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    So I'm curious how many of the ones who had 4,6,8,12 sets of WD toys didn't play the game while having said units? Did those individuals do any PVP? Did they play boss events and kill more bosses for free? Did they get the arctic drillers snowmobile for free when they wouldn't have otherwise?

Anyone that had multiple sets and continued to play the game was in violation of the TOS. It was a also a Gree glitch and has been exploited. So are all these people going to be brought before vigilante justice too?
    BD, this is a great point and I would love to know the answer. Actually, I am pretty sure I already know the answer and there should/could/would be a lot of folks being kicked out of the Gree playground for this.

The problem for the player is: do I not try to kill the boss because Gree glitched and I have 4x all the big units? Tickets are not responded to in a timely enough manner, and the boss is only there for six days. Burn 4-5 days waiting on support to eliminate the extra units before killing your first boss and you might not make it. Meanwhile other groups have attack scores that are 10K lower than they otherwise would be because they don't have the units at all. So they spend more gold that could be used later for WD events to kill the boss perhaps...or they decide to not try to get the boss because they have to spend too much gold to get him. Either way, that faction is weaker.

In any game, the conditions have to be set so everyone is treated the same. For Gree to simply burn up 5 days (or more) sorting this out *while they've launched a boss event* is really problematic. I am not killing them here for having a glitch....this was a huge shift in the overall game and I'm sure it required some very heavy lifting. If there was nothing going on in the game and it was five days of "sorting it out" that's fine. But launching the boss puts all the players in a really uncomfortable position.
    MW: 687 187 029
    MW: 493 124 485

KA: 387 537 422
    KA: 710 265 070

Banned
    Post Count
    Since we are on this subject..Could hmm CJ54 look into KILLER has like 800 units that have stats ove 800att and 700 def

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post

I wasn't aware that was a violation of TOS. For myself, I did play the game. I made a conscious effort to not attack anyone I couldn't beat without the units. And believe me it was hard, because there were more than a few strong players way over vault I could have had a field day on with the units, but I did not.

I did not win the boss for free, it still required gold, but I did play it and I'm sure I beat more bosses for free than I would have without them. The thing is, I have always played every single boss event to get those free units(you can check my inventory, it's loaded with those units from the various boss events, save maybe one I think I sat out), and I would have been at a severe disadvantage had I not played this one given the bump in stats of those free units(the commons were stronger than some past uncommons, the uncommons were stronger than some past rares, and the rares...).

You could say I could have waited, but Gree's record on the time they take to fix problems told me that I could have been waiting until well after Greenland for them to correct this. If they had said not to play in their post about it, I wouldn't have played.

What should I have done?

And if this is going to be a violation of TOS, then let's talk about the limited edition bonus units which was an error on Gree's part at first too, if I recall correctly. Are people who bought those and received limited edition bonus units as a result of a glitch in violation of TOS too?
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Post Count
    @warfriend -
    I'm not condemning anyone. All I am saying is this game is full of glitches. Beta glitches, LE set glitches, and most recently these WD distribution of prizes glitch. Pretty sure the TOS says that any glitch exploited that provides an unfair advantage. So yes...any of those glitches could produce an unfair advantage. Gree is the one responsible and who needs to sort this out...not the players.

Hacking is a completely different issue. It seems too many people are confusing the two.

Post Count
    I like to hear more solutions to these problems rather than going round in circles discussing said problems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to overcome these issues that GREE could implement?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    When there is an "error" on Gree's part that puts an advantage to ALL players in the normal play of the game - i.e. a LE set that was first a "mistake" and then secondly a purposeful event admitted by CJ to be "fair" and now the 3rd time - what are we to expect?

That is a case of people spending gold to support the game - something available to every player equally so there is no advantage for a single player - so I thank those who support the game so others can play for free - so why not reward folks who pay money to support the game - but a far cry from hacking or cheating when it is the only option available to you in normal play - and equally available to everyone.
    Last edited by Mcdoc; 01-29-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    I like to hear more solutions to these problems rather than going round in circles discussing said problems. Anyone else have any ideas on how to overcome these issues that GREE could implement?
    @dutchie, one is easy. When there is a known balance of power issue affecting the game, do not launch any events where said imbalance comes into play (ie, the boss event).
    MW: 687 187 029
    MW: 493 124 485

KA: 387 537 422
    KA: 710 265 070

Banned
    Post Count
    here is my last comment on this, best way to fix the issue?

Remove all casualties. Make all units indestructable. Gold players will still get their stats higher and faster. free players and farmers will grow but slowly, not anywhere near the pace of gold players. We have discussed this before and to put it bluntyly if casualties were removed this entire game might just level it self off.

oh and make the dang Factions stamina based for heavens sake....... stop beating around the bush Gree your customers have spoken. do you need us to stop playing and kill your cash cow?

Post Count
    Why is cheating by forumites so much more rampant in MW than any of the other titles?

I've really started to ponder this. It's not the most glitched game, they're all pretty equal. The number of players is probably about the same. So what is it? Is MW that much more competitive around the HLs than CC? Is it the high casualty rates?

Shame on cheaters and especially shame on factions allowing, harboring, and turning a blind eye towards it. If you're going to take the time to go through a lengthy recruitment process you'd think (1) youd try to get a good sense of their character (2) someone would be looking for some of the more obvious and especially well-publicized glitches. Maybe I'm jaded due to running a smaller faction with much lower stats than others', but this isn't rocket science we're doing.

I have a lot of respect for Mav, but I remember talking to him about the differences between cheating vs. hacking; and in REG's definition only hacking was considered cheating. So a zero-tolerance policy against hacking, apparently, did not translate in some of the implicated folks' minds that, what most of us consider, cheating fell under the zero-tolerance policy.

Come on forum groups, we should be better than that. Zero tolerance policies against cheating, not just hacking.

-mxz
    Last edited by mxz; 01-29-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    There's nothing we can do. GREE is not going to sort everything out and become this amazing company with perfectly functioning games who treats all it's customers how they deserve. They aren't going to do anything of the sort, because they don't need to. People continue to spend thousands of dollars on gold despite all the faults and despite the fact that the company doesn't give a crap about it's customers.

yes we have CJ who tries hard to cater to everyones needs and requests on the forum, but there's nobody else..

They aren't going to make all units indestructable - It would reduce profit.
    They aren't going to employ extra staff to tackle all the problems - It would reduce profit.

They key to all of this is PROFIT, and they have us exactly where they want us.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post
    @dutchie, one is easy. When there is a known balance of power issue affecting the game, do not launch any events where said imbalance comes into play (ie, the boss event).
    Nice idea but you cannot control the players in what they do as evident in given examples, whereas Poop's ideas can be implemented in a controllable fashion that is fair to all players.

I hope you're listening GREE!