The Billionaires Guide to Syndicates

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Billionaires Guide to Syndicates

Post Count

Cool The Billionaires Guide to Syndicates

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, i know you've probably seen the title and thought how can he release a guide for something that hasn't been released yet but this is what i do!

I'm seeing a lot of people asking questions about how syndicates is going to work so i thought i'd create a rough guide using the knowledge i've acquired from playing MW.

All the below information may not be 100% accurate but once syndicates gets released i'll update this thread accordingly.

First off i won't be giving away any strategy so don't bother asking but i will lay out the basics so you've got a rough idea of whats coming.

The Main Event

Syndicates will compete against each other in the main event to earn points. The syndicate with the most points at the end of the event will gain control of an area of the map. Huge numbers of prizes are also up for grabs.
    Your syndicate will declare war and will be matched up against another syndicate. When a matching syndicate has been found the war begins and your syndicate has one hour to collect as many points as possible.
    Points are awarded for successful PvP wins, attacking the other syndicates fortification and command centre. The fortifcation is like a wall which has to be broken down. Once its been destroyed then your syndicate will earn double points from PvP wins during the battle.

Each syndicate member has 100 health points, your health points replenish at a rate of one point per minute or quicker depending on how many health regen upgrades your syndicate has purchased.
    For every attack you use 25 health points whether the attack is successful or not. You can either wait for your health to replenish or buy a health pack which costs 25 gold in MW which i think is massively overpriced.

Gree - players are going to spend the same amount of gold regardless but by lowering the cost of the health packs means they can get more involved which might well lead to them spending more gold.

Pre War Events

There is also a number of tournaments leading up to the main event where syndicates compete for the highest number of PvP wins and robberies. For example the top 50 syndicates with the most successful PvP wins and robberies will receive an awesome weapon.

About Your Syndicate

Anyone can create a syndicate and you hand out your syndicate code to others so they can join your syndicate.
    Players in your syndicate will donate in game cash and concrete blocks which drop from PvP during normal play throughout CC to purchase upgrades.

In MW the concrete blocks are used to upgrade your fortifications. Fortifications act as a defence wall for your command centre and the opposing team won't earn double points unless they destroy your fortification. At the end of each battle your fortification is removed whether it was destroyed or not.

Syndicates will probably start with a capacity of 20 members. You expand the capacity of your syndicate by purchasing the guild member upgrades with in game cash donated by your syndicate members.

The creator of the syndicate will be responsible for purchasing the upgrades. The current upgrades in MW are as follows:
    Health Regeneration: +XX%
    Infantry Attack: +XX%
    Ground Attack: +XX%
    Air Attack: +XX%
    Sea Attack: +XX%
    Infantry Defence: +XX%
    Ground Defence: +XX%
    Air Defence: +XX%
    Sea Defence: +XX%
    Building Defence: +XX%
    Building Output: +XX%
    Syndicate Capacity: +XX

A new Syndicates button will appear on your menu once they release the new update. When you click this button the syndicates menu will appear where you have 5 options:
    Information - Contains info about your syndicate such as the name, the tag, the leader, the number of members, your syndicate rank, the invite code and the syndicates current bonuses.
    Members - Shows a list of the current syndicate members. You can view each members profile page by clicking the view button on this screen
    Forum - Each syndicate will have their own private forum where you can discuss which upgrades to buy and your strategy for the main event.
    Faction List - You can search for factions to join using this screen.
    Donate - Shows the syndicates current bank balance and the number of concrete blocks that have been donated. It also shows which bonuses you have, the cost of the next upgrade and how many fortifications you have and what level they are at.

If you leave a syndicate at any point then you will lose any bonuses the syndicate was giving you but keep any items/modifiers you have won.

A message for campers - DO NOT DISMISS THIS EVENT! Whilst you probably won't take part in the main event because you're worried about XP gain there is plenty of other rewards to be had. Personally i would suggest you do participate in the Main Event because in MW the top 5,000 factions will win an item.
    I strongly suggest you take part in the pre events because its most likely to include robberies and there's plenty of buildings that have minimal XP gain when robbed.
    Otherwise collectively come together and work on upgrading the 'Building Output' bonus along with the other bonuses that will benefit you as a player.

A message for free players - You can forget about any ideas of making it into the top 25 places during the main event. Gold spending syndicates will easily fill the top 25 spots. Don't worry though, all the other prizes are definitely worth competing for.

A message for everyone - Finally Crime City has some new content on the way, embrace it, enjoy it but please don't whinge about it for the first couple of months. I saw a post from CJ saying factions was like releasing a whole new game. You've got to understand that just like every other bit of new content that Gree release, it's going to be bugged at the beginning and certain things may not work properly but give them CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and they'll do their best to resolve the problems as quickly as possible.

Some of this may sound quite easy but you're certainly not ready for the price of some of the upgrades. Some of them cost billions of $$.

Anyway yet again my work here is done and i'm sure this will spark some discussion. I know of numerous players who are taking part in MW factions so they'll be plenty of people about to answer any questions but please don't PM me with questions because i haven't got time to answer them. We're at war incase you hadn't noticed!!!!

Questions for CJ if you read this:

1) Will it be rolled out to IOS and Android users at the same time? (Android users, don't ever say i don't show you a little bit of love but still go out and get an iPhone)

2) Could you tell us roughly when its going to be released? Are we talking a couple of weeks, a month or more like 6 to 8 weeks?

3) Will there also be pre events for syndicates and will they include robberies?

4) How many players play Crime City? How many factions have been created in MW?

5) Will this feature be rolled out to KA and MQ at some point as well?

Thanks for reading and i'll see you at the top of the leaderboard
    Last edited by The Billionaire; 01-22-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    ... and 30k character cap.

I think Gree nerferd the top 10,000 prize if you look under rewards in game it's gone. They still have one listed for top 5000 but the leaderboard only shows top 2000.

Very imformative nonetheless.

Post Count
    Well done as always Bill.

MW and CC are different in several ways so I am sure there will be some different nuances.

But OP spells out the game design very well. I also appreciate comments about patience. Factions launch I would describe as chaotic and rushed. Players put in weeks of preparation and felt caught off guard by the early announcement and then were dissappointed with the functionality and hacker infiltration.

After several days I can honestly say alot of things have been fixed. Is it perfect? Of course not. But CJ and team have been working their asses off responding to feedback. Factions is much better today than it was on Friday.

So great post Bill and everyone get ready but be prepared for some hiccups along the way. Good Luck to everyone.
    EE

Post Count
    Excellent as always Bill.

While I won't be dismissing Syndicates even as a hardcore camper, it's certainly not something that I'll be looking to run with just anyone anymore. Seeing now that any member is allowed to initiate a war with an opposing faction - there's simply too many concerns for me to have an open-ended camping Syndicate. Modern War has shown me that I will need to be very selective with who I allow into my group. While the EXP gains are probably worth the investment, leveling just isn't something that interests me.

I'd rather have a small group of 5-10 dedicated campers with solid IPH, then a massive mess of 50+ with some random member declaring war every time there's a World Domination event.

But we all enjoy the game differently, so to each their own.
    Last edited by Sunsets; 01-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    For those playing MW, how much time was there from the beginning of the pre-events to the start of the Main Event. The reason I'm asking is it that enough time to begin to squirrel away funds to purchase during the Main Event?

Or can you make purchases during the pre-events as well?
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Man, you are the best. Your contribution to the forum is invaluable.
    Thanks.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    For those playing MW, how much time was there from the beginning of the pre-events to the start of the Main Event. The reason I'm asking is it that enough time to begin to squirrel away funds to purchase during the Main Event?

The initial release of factions in MW was around Dec 5, and the first actual World Domination event didn't start until last Friday, the 18th. So roughly 6 weeks.

Edit: We were also give our teaser to factions on Nov. 14

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Modern-War-3.0!!!
    Last edited by Dr. Dengus; 01-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DenZ1 View Post
    Man, you are the best. Your contribution to the forum is invaluable.
    Thanks.
    Ditto!!!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post

You can purchase upgrades at any point from the moment syndicates gets released. As far as I know the only thing you can't do during the main event is purchase fortifications and add/delete syndicate members
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    You can purchase upgrades at any point from the moment syndicates gets released. As far as I know the only thing you can't do during the main event is purchase fortifications and add/delete syndicate members
    Thanks...and these guides are invaluable...
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    Great work Billionaire!
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Banned
    Post Count
    Can you do regular PvP/robberies against faction/syndicate members outside of syndicate related events?

I really just want to know if you can get syndicate members to rob you so that you can still benefit from the cash you made even if it gets robbed. Even better if the friendly robber has the Corpse Maker.

Post Count
    Yes, that's what some faction members did, not our faction
    []

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice work Billi!👍

Post Count
    Sounds like there will be many, many factions with so limited places in them, starting at 20 and being upgradable. Looks like it will be important to choose the best, and most active, people for your syndicate. I'll be banding up with long term in game friends if I can't secure a place with credible forum folk.
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.