WD - Battle For Brazil - How do the leaders do it? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WD - Battle For Brazil - How do the leaders do it?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec1 View Post
    It's my faction Will def be seeking new members
    If you are really into seeking your answers, try hitting the Top 5 faction, anywhere your faction has nothing to lose !!!

Cheers

Post Count
    I'm on android have no options to pick anyone to fight i can't click on or even view those top factions
    WD- Greenland : Rank 24th
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots
    I am the Faction Leader - Callsign - Diesel

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Ground Defense Forces Bonus
    30% Infantry Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Apply: 347-861-124

If you apply PM me here with your Level & Stats, thanks!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wufnu View Post
    Hehe....If you're going to quote me Dutchie quote my entire post. I didn't say there weren't folks who could afford to throw money down a gutter, I said they have a problem if they do.
    Why do they have a problem if they are prepared to spend serious money that they can easily afford on a game? It is their money and they have earned it and they can do what they like with it. The money trickles down and they are supporting GREE employees (and their families) and GREE shareholders, like you and I (unless you don't have a pension and maybe your pension fund doesn't hold GREE shares). Money flows in circles...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's my faction Will def be seeking new members
    You never know a person until you been in battle with them.
    Always Famous......

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Why do they have a problem if they are prepared to spend serious money that they can easily afford on a game? It is their money and they have earned it and they can do what they like with it. The money trickles down and they are supporting GREE employees (and their families) and GREE shareholders, like you and I (unless you don't have a pension and maybe your pension fund doesn't hold GREE shares). Money flows in circles...
    It's the old paradox of one's person idea of crazy is another's idea of sane Dutchie. But I think the vast majority of the society would think it crazy to watch someone throw money down a gutter. Spending money on this game is much the same thing because there's no value for what you get. Unless you consider bragging rights for spending the most money "value". This "war" is nothing more than a contest to see who can spend the most money. Yes it takes a bit of organization to get everyone online when you need them but other than that it's just a spending contest. Modern War is just another dressed up counting game and the sooner people realize that the better.
    Last edited by Wufnu; 01-21-2013 at 09:07 AM.

MW Ernst
    OTS FACTION
    Join Code 572 280 754

Post Count
    VERY VERY true, applies to alot of things

Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    You never know a person until you been in battle with them.
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Post Count
    On something virtual that could disappear tomorrow at that!

It's the old paradox of one's person idea of crazy is another's idea of sane Dutchie. But I think the vast majority of the society would think it crazy to watch someone throw money down a gutter. Spending money on this game is much the same thing because there's no value for what you get. Unless you consider bragging rights for spending the most money "value". This "war" is nothing more than a contest to see who can spend the most money. Yes it takes a bit of organization to get everyone online when you need them but other than that it's just a spending contest. Modern War is just another dressed up counting game and the sooner people realize that the better.
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post
    One way to fix this (at least a little) is to make gold much cheaper. At $20 per vault, I am near certain (without doing the modeling) that overall revenue to gree rises and engagement goes way up. I have visited tons of folks on my rivals list and those with solid ingame cash armies have been devastated by this event as players 100 levels above them with golden armies have pounded them relentlessly. People who had 20-30k defense now have 5k. They are much more likely to give up the game now. What do you do when there are no more "free" players left and the indestructible armies just fight each other? I like this game and the BFB event concept was/is great, but long term thought around its execution and the resulting outcomes is sorely lacking.
    Gree has tied a Gordian Knot and I don't think cheaper gold is going to solve the problem. The people that are spending vast sums of money will still spend it and have that many more units is all that would happen by having cheaper gold.

MW Ernst
    OTS FACTION
    Join Code 572 280 754

Post Count
    On something virtual that could disappear tomorrow at that!
    Exactly. Think about what you could go into Best Buy and purchase with the amount of money some people have thrown away on this "game".

I think I'm going to go back to online flight sims. I'll still play MW but if I want to spend my hard earned cash I want some value for it. Mil if you want to see what real money can buy for you check out http://www.jg1.org/ This is my old "Cyber Squadron" that at one point I commanded. If you read the history section of the virtual Jagdgeschawder Richthofen you'll find me mentioned. You fight real wars that require real skill and tactics and planning.

MW Ernst
    OTS FACTION
    Join Code 572 280 754

Post Count
    Good points here. Except I have one objection, what is this about sleeping 8 hours?

Post Count
    Exactly. Think about what you could go into Best Buy and purchase with the amount of money some people have thrown away on this "game".

I think I'm going to go back to online flight sims. I'll still play MW but if I want to spend my hard earned cash I want some value for it. Mil if you want to see what real money can buy for you check out http://www.jg1.org/ This is my old "Cyber Squadron" that at one point I commanded. If you read the history section of the virtual Jagdgeschawder Richthofen you'll find me mentioned. You fight real wars that require real skill and tactics and planning.
    The problem is that you are looking at this like an investment that yields a tangible return. For those that spend cash they are doing so for the entertainment value.

Some people spend around 15k so that they can jump out of an airplane once a week.

Some people spend 100k+ on a wedding.

Some people spend 50k on a vacation.

Some people spend 25k on season tickets to a sporting event.

At the end of the day they are all just paying for enjoyment and memories.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger4Life View Post
    The problem is that you are looking at this like an investment that yields a tangible return. For those that spend cash they are doing so for the entertainment value.

Some people spend around 15k so that they can jump out of an airplane once a week.

Some people spend 100k+ on a wedding.

Some people spend 50k on a vacation.

Some people spend 25k on season tickets to a sporting event.

At the end of the day they are all just paying for enjoyment and memories.
    Good point Ranger and you're correct I want something more in return for my money. I'm not saying those who spend exorbitant amounts of money are bad people just that I don't see the point in doing it.

MW Ernst
    OTS FACTION
    Join Code 572 280 754

Banned
    Post Count
    people have to sleep atleast 8 hours
    I don't get that on the BEST of my days, never mind this event!

I envy you : )

Banned
    Post Count
    Good point Ranger and you're correct I want something more in return for my money. I'm not saying those who spend exorbitant amounts of money are bad people just that I don't see the point in doing it.
    You don't, They do! I said they cause I dont spend $$...But like the good old saying goes. To each is own.

Post Count
    Because they can afford to.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968