iPod Touch 3rd Generation

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: iPod Touch 3rd Generation

Post Count

Lightbulb iPod Touch 3rd Generation

Hey guys! So I have the game on my iPod Touch 3rd Generation that only goes up to ios 4.2.1, but you need ios 4.3 for version 3.5 of this game. As I understand it, 4.2.1 is the highest ios I can upgrade to on my 3rd generation. My old 3.0 version of Modern War tried to update to 3.5 and now I don't have this game on it at all. Any way to download an earlier version (say 3.0) to reload this game? I really don't want to have to spend money on a 4th generation if I don't have to! Thanks again for any help/ideas.

Post Count
    Please anyone?

Consistent Contributor Mitchell's Avatar
    Post Count
    CDR,I'm on an older android,had to reload game,Google said my device wasn't compatible,found older update at amazon,so back in for now,hope this helps,but hurry before it is updated too, I updated 1/18/2013,good luck

Consistent Contributor Mitchell's Avatar
    Post Count
    It would have been nice if Gree would have given us warning,so we could have set up transfer of our game to another device or give option of staying on older pllatform,I feel your pain,since I know how it feels, was off for 12 hours with months of camping to build my stats thought it was gone,

Post Count
    Thanks Mitchell for the support/help. I will try Amazon

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    It would have been nice if Gree would have given us warning,so we could have set up transfer of our game to another device or give option of staying on older pllatform,I feel your pain,since I know how it feels, was off for 12 hours with months of camping to build my stats thought it was gone,
    Yeah I completely agree!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You gotta upgrade your device. I ran into the same problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen. I went to a couple of Gamestops and pawn stores and found an iphone 3gs for 50 bucks which upgrades to ios 6. I would look for that device on Amazon. Its a cheap alternative.

Post Count
    Ok, so the amazon download is only for android Anyone else have any suggestions/ideas/answers?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chbranch View Post
    You gotta upgrade your device. I ran into the same problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen. I went to a couple of Gamestops and pawn stores and found an iphone 3gs for 50 bucks which upgrades to ios 6. I would look for that device on Amazon. Its a cheap alternative.
    Thanks, not a bad idea! Can I still play the game if I dont activate the phone?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR Shepard View Post
    Thanks, not a bad idea! Can I still play the game if I dont activate the phone?
    Yep. Works on wi-fi like an ipod touch.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You could even ask around your friends to see if anyone would give you there old device too. The ones that have iphone 5s. iphone 3GS is the lowest device that will update to the current IOS though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chbranch View Post
    You could even ask around your friends to see if anyone would give you there old device too. The ones that have iphone 5s. iphone 3GS is the lowest device that will update to the current IOS though.
    Much appreciated! I think this is the way to go! Thanks again man!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Dude,

All the IOs specific solutions are your only hope. Apple's IOs upgrades are another way to force folks to upgrade their equipment (keep sales up to keep that stock high). Additional ideas are Ebay or Amazon's marketplace or a local store that offers trade ins for purchases of new ipods/pads/phones where you offering something for the old stuff is better than chucking them out.