Thread: Gem Sale

Post Count

Gem Sale

Are the Gem Sames periodic or ad hoc?

Monster Quest : 320-117-066
    Kingdom Age : 967-129-294

Banned
    Post Count
    Unfortunately ad hoc. The reason being, if they had the sales at consistent times everyone would buy gems ONLY at those sales.

Silly them, they only make a profit off the big spenders while MOST of the average players don't touch the gem's till they are on sale. I'm assuming most of the customers are average players. Target the costs to entice those players and you'll make more than keeping the price where it. Simple marketing tactics really, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out...but GREE seem to do things their own way.

Post Count
    Thank you and yes I agree.

Monster Quest : 320-117-066
    Kingdom Age : 967-129-294

Post Count
    The thing is GREE doesn't seem to see a potential opportunity when they see it.

Generally the Gem sales are 20% off. Only once I have seen a 40% off.

I am a free player and cos I have wife, kids, etc. I don't have the spare cash to spend on a time-wasting but fun piece of software.

On the last 40% offer I was so tempted to make a first purchase but I still couldn't justify it.

Now a 50% off sale . . . That would push me over the edge. And I suspect quite a few Gem newbies as well.

Try it GREE. I think you might be surprised

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by domw001 View Post

I am a free player and cos I have wife, kids, etc. I don't have the spare cash to spend on a time-wasting but fun piece of software.

On the last 40% offer I was so tempted to make a first purchase but I still couldn't justify it.

Now a 50% off sale . . . That would push me over the edge. And I suspect quite a few Gem newbies as well.

Maybe 99% of sale ?

Post Count
    20% isn't bad.
    40% was Black Friday.

But 50% is over the top. If it happened, it would be the hardest event or have an increased difficulty. Why? To ensure that those Gem purchases didn't just give free players easy to obtain units. As a free player (not myself) in all of these LTQ, the potential to earn amazing loot for nothing is already being devalued by people who aren't appreciating even that gift from Gree.

Seriously, the first 10 out of the 40 are easily 1 hit , 1 kill. There's 10 free prizes you won as a free player for literally nothing, and maybe 300 energy. (generalized statement of 'you')

Besides, it's a great marketing strategy. Keep sales random and people will either buy or not buy.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by domw001 View Post

If you don't have spare cash, it's best you play for free. Better for your wife and kids.
    Heroes: Jesus Christ

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post

Silly them, they only make a profit off the big spenders while MOST of the average players don't touch the gem's till they are on sale. I'm assuming most of the customers are average players. Target the costs to entice those players and you'll make more than keeping the price where it. Simple marketing tactics really, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out...but GREE seem to do things their own way.
    Not sure that would be the case, I think you've underestimated the spending power of the big spenders. Somehow I have the feeling that GREE's marketing has done their homework and that we average players combined are spending just a small fraction of what the big spenders spent

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gabriel388 View Post
    If you don't have spare cash, it's best you play for free. Better for your wife and kids.
    Very true King, my wife found the bank statement ...ooops had some serious explaining to do !, yes dear wont happen again, no i am not spending any money on the stupid dumb game , i promise dear ....to change bank details to private now how do i get the money in their to buy gems ??
    Need to prioritise things ..
    1* keep wife happy...separate bank accounts, or hidden account Shhh!!
    2* keep playing KA and tell her your not buying gems or spending money. i.e other players are doing it ?!
    3* keep home life pleasant and ask once a month to buy $20 gems if in budget (hehe)

Post Count
    I did have the option to sell the wife and kids, thereby solving two problems at a single stroke (abundance of family and lack of gem cash), but my eBay account has been suspended and to be fair I have grown quite attached to them over the years

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    20% isn't bad.
    40% was Black Friday.

But 50% is over the top.
    Yes, because 50% off something that costs them nothing because it's imaginary is going to make them go bankrupt.

Post Count
    But, it's not imaginary. There is still substance (little images of mythical creatures with numbers) that we as consumers, value.

Albeit, they are a product of their creation. And, our demand.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    But, it's not imaginary. There is still substance (little images of mythical creatures with numbers) that we as consumers, value.

Albeit, they are a product of their creation. And, our demand.
    You're not buying real gems. You're buying pieces of code. The only service buying gems provides with is that you give them money and they adjust a number for you.

My point is even if they did have a 50% off sale and you could buy a mountain of gems for $50 instead of $100, it would not hurt them one bit. The people who normally would buy a mountain would still spend $100 and just get two mountains, and some people who wouldn't spend $100 for 1500 gems might be willing to spend $50. So they'd have the money from all the people $100 normally, plus the money from the people willing to spend $50 but not $100.
    Last edited by Mickeytah; 01-20-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Post Count
    Actually if you plan it right you can get gems for 40% already if they go on sale for 20% and if they ever did go on sale for 40% off like the do for MW you can get 60% off. HOW? Well you buy an iTunes card for 20% off through Best Buy and sit on it until the gems go on sale. I've done it once on MW and it was a pretty sweet deal. I've seen them on sale for 20% off in other places but can't remember where, but I know Best does it. Just food for thought.
    MW 392-080-506
    LVL 100

KA 775-920-058 L115

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Rat...pay for itunes gift cards with cash then it wont show up on your bank card...just sayin...happy wife is a happy life
    IGN: Bryan
    Member Of: