World Domination Day 2 Updates

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Domination Day 2 Updates

World Domination Day 2 Updates

Hey all, as we head on into day two of the Battle for Brazil, I want to extend a massive thanks to all of you for the support, participation, patience and feedback during the launch of the event. This was not a small feature; World Domination as a whole is as big as a brand new game, and we were stunned by the level of participation in this one. To those of you who are loving it right off the bat, we're glad to hear. To those of you who hit some unforeseen frustrations, we hear you and are working to smooth those out.

To round that out, here are some updates on currently reported issues/feedback:

Fixed:

-Some android players not able to access faction screen without crashing: fix deployed earlier yesterday.

-Factions stuck in exceedingly long wait queues: fix deployed this morning. Please keep us posted if your faction encounters this again.

-Leaderboard: The leaderboard is back up.

In Progress/partial fix:

-Stats fluctuating on the combat page: partial fix deployed. Some players iOS-side are still seeing occasional fluctuations; the engineers are looking into that again.

-Inaccurate win/loss ratio: We're still looking into why some wins aren't counting. Remember that it is the WD points that count and not the win/loss (i.e. you don't get anything for winning).

-Missing/inaccurate WD points: If you notice discrepancies, send a ticket to support through the in-game contact with details, so that we have your info and the engineers can investigate.

-Server update error when attacking: We put out an initial fix for this yesterday, but we understand some people are still seeing this. The team is continuing to look into this.

Not bugs, but good to know about:

-Anyone in guild being able to declare war: We hear you on this one, and are looking into ways to address this for the next event. The original design decision here was due to the fact that we did not want factions stuck waiting if their leader had to take care of an important real-life concern (or had just gone awol), and/or situations where part or most of the faction was on during off hours and still wanted to accumulate some points. We ARE investigating reports of players stuck in an endless battle loop, but so far the cases we have looked at in-depth have been someone in the faction hitting the button. Again, we hear you on this one.

-Can't see any of the event interface: You need to be on the current iOS or Android build to see/participate in the event, and you need to be in a faction. Make sure to update.

-Can't join or create a guild: This is because factions are locked down during the WD event. You'll be able to join or create guilds after the event is over.

-Can't designate a defense leader/purchase fortifications during a battle: Guild administration (buying things for the guild, designating a defense leader, etc.) can still be done during WD but need to be done outside a battle.

Banned
    Post Count
    I would suggest you have a certain minimum of players that must declare war to start one. maybe 3? that way it helps for better battles since more must be involved at a time. Just a thought

So far so good except for missing WD points. Around 10,000 I think for my faction.

Also wish there were far better FAQ's explaining what fortifications are, how to use them, any point in attacking them or command center, just a lot more detail to help factions understand what they are supposed to be doing. We had to just guess and come here to try and piece everything together and I am still not clear. So a much more detailed FAQ next time please.
    Last edited by gwmac; 01-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    CJ, thanks for all the hard work you and your colleagues have been doing over the last day.

I sent you a PM on this topic yesterday and submitted a ticket (#334787) but I wanted to see if this is how the main WD tab is supposed to look or not. I assumed that I should be able to see the stats of all of my faction's players but it is only showing 1 player at a time and that player is displayed twice.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Leader board is up, but frozen. Any ETA on when it will un-freeze?

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    The leaderboard hasn't been updated since it was put back up yesterday. I'm still missing gold. Our faction is getting matched up with top factions and I know we aren't no where's near those guys in WD points or attack score. Our battle report doesn't show properly.very frustrating.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    @CJ - We are seeing the same issue as elangomatt were we in we we do not see the members activity. We know other factions are able to see the full roster of their team... and fix on this.
    The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility. - C.C. Colton

Post Count
    The leaderboard is up, but the info on it is definetly not current.
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update CJ, like everyone else, our leader board is still frozen.

I also had a ticket resolved by someone called stephen and they gave me $1million back into my vault, but the problem I sent in a ticket about was regarding accidentally buying a $60million faction upgrade due to lag.

Post Count
    We need to be able to limit who can start battles . Also possibly freeze a player or kick them out during the battle. We have one currently that has said he is leaving and is using up fortifications as fast as he can. We're our by the end of today
    CC(iOS)-Retired, CC(droid)-Retired, KA-Retired, DR-Retired, WON- Retired.
    Call to Arms- Retired. MW(droid)-Retired, KnD-Retired, BtD- Retired.
    MW(iOS)-burning last of gold for my faction then will retire
    Future gree games- won't even start at this point.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    The leaderboard hasn't been updated since it was put back up yesterday. I'm still missing gold. Our faction is getting matched up with top factions and I know we aren't no where's near those guys in WD points or attack score. Our battle report doesn't show properly.very frustrating.

Same hear. Fixing is not functioning properly. Also we have just one player whom alone has more points than WD total (which fluctuates all the time, but is definately too low). Popup for battle ending just occassionaly visible. Leaderboard shows data from at least 24h ago

@ CJ tnx for update. Hope things will be fixed soon and nobody loses points.
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Quote Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
    I would suggest you have a certain minimum of players that must declare war to start one. maybe 3? that way it helps for better battles since more must be involved at a time. Just a thought

So far so good except for missing WD points. Around 10,000 I think for my faction.

Also wish there were far better FAQ's explaining what fortifications are, how to use them, any point in attacking them or command center, just a lot more detail to help factions understand what they are supposed to be doing. We had to just guess and come here to try and piece everything together and I am still not clear. So a much more detailed FAQ next time please.
    That's a good suggestion. One of the others we were tossing around were officer or leader only, or better logging so that you can see if you picked up a troll (that would have to go with some way to kick people during the event though).

Missing WD points, we're definitely on that one. And yes, more comprehensive FAQs is on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    CJ, thanks for all the hard work you and your colleagues have been doing over the last day.

I sent you a PM on this topic yesterday and submitted a ticket (#334787) but I wanted to see if this is how the main WD tab is supposed to look or not. I assumed that I should be able to see the stats of all of my faction's players but it is only showing 1 player at a time and that player is displayed twice.
    I passed that one to the engineers. Regarding PM responses in general, right now I'm keeping a close eye on incoming PMs and passing info over when applicable but can't always answer right then, and it is good to send in a ticket as well so we have your info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Centers View Post
    Leader board is up, but frozen. Any ETA on when it will un-freeze?
    That seems to be related to some of the server stuff going on right this moment, which we're working on now.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    -Anyone in guild being able to declare war: We hear you on this one, and are looking into ways to address this for the next event. The original design decision here was due to the fact that we did not want factions stuck waiting if their leader had to take care of an important real-life concern (or had just gone awol), and/or situations where part or most of the faction was on during off hours and still wanted to accumulate some points. We ARE investigating reports of players stuck in an endless battle loop, but so far the cases we have looked at in-depth have been someone in the faction hitting the button. Again, we hear you on this one.

Keep this functionality. No faction leader wants to monitor the game 24/7 for 5 days.
    However, LOG the name of the player who used the button on the status screen so everyone in the faction could see it while a war is going on, and those who abuse the button will be dealt with.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As many of us think ... thanks for the updates, CJ. Remember, you can sleep on Thursday (and Friday and Saturday and ...)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    -Missing/inaccurate WD points: If you notice discrepancies, send a ticket to support through the in-game contact with details, so that we have your info and the engineers can investigate.
    CJ,

I submitted ticket 336667 regarding the loss of WD points this morning. Since then we have been through a couple more battles and the same thing is happening. I have additional screen shots. Should I submit another ticket?

Post Count
    How about the name of the person that started the battle and only officers or leader start battles. A least let the officers take away the ability to start battles. Can you please help my faction kick a player out now? He said in the faction forum he is leaving already and is hurting the group. Methods of Mayhem and his name is Brady. Thanks
    CC(iOS)-Retired, CC(droid)-Retired, KA-Retired, DR-Retired, WON- Retired.
    Call to Arms- Retired. MW(droid)-Retired, KnD-Retired, BtD- Retired.
    MW(iOS)-burning last of gold for my faction then will retire
    Future gree games- won't even start at this point.