New Collect 10 "Camera Case" - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Collect 10 "Camera Case"

Post Count
    Congrats to all the winners so far! Hoping for another 10 item victory without gold!

Banned
    Post Count

Red face Got really lucky

I got really lucky this time around - just 630 gold.

Post Count
    For those who got the 10 already, are you using gold for resets and opens or just the resets?
    Blackwidow - Level 200

Post Count
    Completed in 34 minutes of receiving the splash page. Only had to open 34 boxes which cost me 1000 gold. All boxes opened with gold and timer resets for all boxes obviously.

The modifier saves me $250m on my next NC upgrade
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count

Difficulty over time

Does the event get harder with time as the clock ticks down? I'm wondering basically what reason there is to spend gold on the reset timer when there's almost five days left for the event to end. I'd be quite glad to have a 30% discount on upgrades, so I can definitely see using gold on the opens...

Cash - Roll of film

Lurker
    Post Count

Gold spent

Spent 1300 gold so far still stuck on 9 really hoping it will give me ten soon

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiswoo View Post
    Does the event get harder with time as the clock ticks down? I'm wondering basically what reason there is to spend gold on the reset timer when there's almost five days left for the event to end. I'd be quite glad to have a 30% discount on upgrades, so I can definitely see using gold on the opens...

Cash - Roll of film
    It does not get harder with time...but it does get harder the more film you've successfully collected.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Just got new data at 4d 16h to go in the event (android).

This is going to drive my family crazy again having my alarm ringing every hour all weekend long.

Nice extra that comes with the final prize, but I really would have preferred 30% faster construction rather than cheaper, it's just game-money after all. But they really should do something about these crazy constructions times of 48 hours and more. Or perhaps this has already been an extra in the past? Is there a list somewhere of all the extras that one has been able to win?

(all money opens, 100% free player)

1. BLNT
    2. ROF 1/10
    3. ROF 2/10
    4. BLNT
    Last edited by gunny22; 01-19-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    It does not get harder with time...but it does get harder the more film you've successfully collected.
    Ahso. thanks. I guess then if I'm willing to do a bunch of opens over the next five days I can get away with not doing gold timer resets. Sounds like people are doing 30-50 opens to get to ten, and I can definitely do that many in 4.5 days. Maybe do the timer reset thing if running out of time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiswoo View Post
    Ahso. thanks. I guess then if I'm willing to do a bunch of opens over the next five days I can get away with not doing gold timer resets. Sounds like people are doing 30-50 opens to get to ten, and I can definitely do that many in 4.5 days. Maybe do the timer reset thing if running out of time.
    I have to disagree with MXZ because i think it does get harder with the more time that passes. If you definitely want the collect 10 prize then opening boxes is crucial during the first 24 hours of the event because the drop rate of camera rolls is so much more frequent.

You'll find you get up to 8 or 9 very quickly but number 10 can take ages to drop if it drops at all.

There was one event where i got to 9 in the first 12 hours and then spent the next 5 days opening boxes religously and 10 didn't come so i purchased a vault of gold and opened another 50 boxes with gold and timer resets and number 10 didn't drop so i purchased another vault of gold and repeated the process but number 10 still didn't drop. Purchased one last vault of gold and number 10 still didn't drop.

4500 gold bars and 150 boxes opened but no 10th item. What a rip off!!!

From that point onwards i didn't spend a single gold bar on the collect 10 events until today but i did it properly today.

Spend the gold at the start not at the end.

I'd been waiting for a modifer like this ever since that event that cost me 4500 gold bars which i think was the loaded dice event. Now it's completed my NC's will be at level 10 in no time. It's saved me $260m on my next NC upgrade.

Thanks Gree
    Last edited by The Billionaire; 01-18-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Boss View Post
    Can someone please confirm if this event requires to be level 10? I recall reading something about that a while ago on the forum but cant find the thread
    Don't take part unless your spending gold the rewards are less for low level, and you'll find it hard to get to ten with in game cash, and you'll gain a lot of xp chasing boxes
    []

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    I have to disagree with MXZ because i think it does get harder with the more time that passes. If you definitely want the collect 10 prize then opening boxes is crucial during the first 24 hours of the event because the drop rate of camera rolls is so much more frequent.
    That's not (necessarily) time based, but rather based on odds of the film. The odds reset when you reload the client. Possibly on other actions, too...I haven't figured those out. If you did the same thing without gold resets and without closing the client the same thing would be accomplished.

From a programming perspective, it makes no sense to create a time based algorithm. It's complicated and doesn't really add value. I mean, maybe they did, but it's extra work for little gain.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Lurker
    Post Count

Do it quick

I personally spent on an event about 9 months ago over 4000 gold on not using resets as time went on I never got to number 10 so I just spent 1530 gold over 3 hours and finally unlocked 10 so I do think that the drop rate decreases as more players unlock 10 over a period of time I urge to do it quick and not wait the event should not cost more the 100 dollars in my case I spent 120 total 20 50 and 50

Post Count
    Okay, I did end up going the full gold route, and got to 10 rolls.

Cash, Roll of film
    G 30k
    G Roll of film
    G 6k
    G Roll of film, night pursuer helmet (3/10)
    G Roll of film
    G Roll of film, tattler Slayer (5/10)
    G 30k
    G Trick Razor
    G Roll of film
    G 6k
    G Roll of film, Diversion Grenade (7/10)
    G Roll of film
    G 1 Extra Mafia
    G Security Shotgun
    G 30k
    G Trick Razor
    G Roll of Film, Inconspicuous 177 (9/10)
    G Roll of Film, Evidence Burner (10/10)

I was annoyed with the horrible 1 Extra Mafia "present" but overall it's not bad at all - 535 gold for nine rolls (including ten on stamina lol) seems pretty decent.

Edit: Is there any value to going on after ten rolls? I'm assuming there's no other prize item, but I wouldn't mind doing cash opens for more 'trick razors' or 'security shotguns' or whatever.

Edit 2: Ein minuten bitte. I didn't get the evidence "blaster" others screenshotted (212/158). I got something called an evidece "burner" which is worth 127/104. WTF?
    Last edited by zwiswoo; 01-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Wink I recommend buying it with Gold or cash...

I already got a bunch of camera cases from just robbing hoods. Where else are they hiding?
    Building my Mafia so please add me (Mills 775 405 458)