Response to the Post Titled 'Indian Syndicate Activity'

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Response to the Post Titled 'Indian Syndicate Activity'

Post Count

Talking Response to the Post Titled 'Indian Syndicate Activity'

I don't want this lost in the above mentioned thread, so I'm posting it here...

Folks, I've been here (aside a short vacation lol) for almost as long as anyone that is left on the forum so I think I've got a reasonably and valid opinion to express.

I have had, I think, most of the Indians in my mafia since the beginning and added along the way as they 'recruited'. Most of them seemed like good people, and indeed they are. I got plenty folks from other gangs too...my aim is to get along with one and all and I've pretty much been able to do that 99.9% of the time. I've had the odd war...no problem it happens and I responded accordingly, if able, but always as an individual and never calling for help like a cry baby. Some folks here know I went for CM on my own. No problem.

Anyway as of today the Indians have almost all (maybe all by now) removed me from their mafias and some started attacking/robbing me. Fine. But the reason given, see my wall, is 'you're either with or against us'. That comment is, to say the least, the voice of a dictatorship run by a tyrant. And in itself, that statement is also thoroughly hypocritical. Why? Because each and every Indian should remove everyone from their mafia bar their own kind, since by definition they must all be against them - and they cannot differentiate otherwise for the Syndicate content.

Put simply Burn's post is an epic fail by the Indians. It displays a complete lack of respect for the neutrals in this game. Also, it is the classic manoeuvre of a group who have the distinct smell of fear about them....the fear of losing. Time to resort to underhand tactics then, as we're witnessing.

When I made my choice of Syndicate yesterday I did so on the basis that I wanted join with other neutrals. Joining the Indians would result in me labelled as such permanently and I steadfastly have and will avoid that. In fact some have wrongly assumed that I was an Indian in the past. I am swift to correct to them.

Being a bit of trekkie, I have to liken the Indian cult to that of the Borg - a load of Induhviduals (one for the Dilbert fans) attempting to consume all in their path but inevitably being undone by their own herd like instincts. Lemmings and cliff anyone?

Just my 2p worth.

PS This post is my words and mine alone - not one my syndicate members has seen this or had any influence on what I've written. Shame that the Indians can't exhibit some similar 'individuality'.
    Last edited by AppleMacGuy; 01-18-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Corrected spacing
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Post Count
    Someone make a star trek reference?!??
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    You should rename yourself hue and join the Indians.

You have to be a proper trekkie to get that reference.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    You should rename yourself hue and join the Indians.

You have to be a proper trekkie to get that reference.
    I think you mean Hugh the Borg guy...good one
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age

Banned
    Post Count
    AMG, I've never had any beef with you at all, in game or on forum, but in this instance you are way off piste.

By "for us or against us" the assumption is that you will likely as not be the "leader" of whatever syndicate you are involved in, and accordingly will be the focus of attacks, so I think the removal of you from our mobs was simply preparation for that.

Why would we have a strong, possibly strongest, player from another Syndicate, safe from attack because he is in our mob? That would be stupid on our part.

But you interpret it as you see fit, if you want to get your knickers all bunched up before we've even got started, then this will get messy.

All I'd suggest is to take a minute to reflect on the Why. Because it is an easy answer. We want to Win the Syndicate event. No more, more less. Your call it fear of losing (in lovely bold letters no less), and we call it optimising our chances of winning.

You want to escalate things beyond this simple and perfectly logical truth, then remember in time to come, that it was your choice to throw those stones, and once thrown they can't be taken back.

By the way, I'd also suggest you think hard before putting your hard earned rep on the line, because a load of toing and froing on here is only going to make everyone look bad.

Ball is firmly in your court. What happens next is your call.
    Last edited by Burn; 01-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Post Count
    So what and who is this mystery syndicate you've joined?
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMacGuy View Post
    Put simply Burn's post is an epic fail by the Indians. It displays a complete lack of respect for the neutrals in this game. Also, it is the classic manoeuvre of a group who have the distinct smell of fear about them....the fear of losing. Time to resort to underhand tactics then, as we're witnessing.
    I see your point, but remember that not everyone has the same goals as you ("my aim is to get along with one and all and I've pretty much been able to do that 99.9% of the time"). The Indians have been very clear, via Burn, that they are not interested in getting along with anyone except themselves.

Whether there's honor in that or not, is not for any of us to decide since that's what they have chosen. Members have known this going in, and if they disagree are free to leave (as has happened). No group can function solely as a dictatorship - members must be bought in to the concept and the leader. Just as you joined a syndicate for your reasons, the Indians have joined together for their reasons. As another neutral, I see nothing wrong with either of your choices. Diff'rent Strokes. *shrugs*
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    "By the way, I'd also suggest you think hard before putting your hard earned rep on the line, because a load of toing and froing on here is only going to make everyone look bad."

Well in this case it would be more like getting in a mud fight with a pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Why would we have a strong, possibly strongest, player from another Syndicate, safe from attack because he is in our mob? That would be stupid on our part.
    If CC Syndicates work anything like MW Factions, being on someone's ally/mob list means little. They can still be seen in the rivals list and attacked during the main events.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    AMG, I've never had any beef with you at all, in game or on forum, but in this instance you are way off piste.

By "for us or against us" the assumption is that you will likely as not be the "leader" of whatever syndicate you are involved in, and accordingly will be the focus of attacks, so I think the removal of you from our mobs was simply preparation for that.

But you interpret it as you see fit, if you want to get your knickers all bunched up before we've even got started, then this will get messy.

All I'd suggest is to take a minute to reflect on the Why. Because it is an easy answer. We want to Win the Syndicate event. No more, more less. You want to escalate things beyond that, then remember in time to come, that it was your choice to throw those stones, and once thrown they can't be taken back.

By the way, I'd also suggest you think hard before putting your hard earned rep on the line, because a load of toing and froing on here is only going to make everyone look bad.

Ball is firmly in your court. What happens next is your call.
    I am exercising my right to respond and express my opinions of the Indian actions. It wasn't me who expunged every Indian from my mafia! You lot expunged yourselves!

It is interesting that your group has made the first move and made leadership assumptions of an another syndicate that may be factually incorrect. On the point of escalation - sorry but you guys already did that this morning otherwise I wouldn't have written this post! The wise man doesn't show his hand first. Just saying.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City

Kingdom Age

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    I see your point, but remember that not everyone has the same goals as you ("my aim is to get along with one and all and I've pretty much been able to do that 99.9% of the time"). The Indians have been very clear, via Burn, that they are not interested in getting along with anyone except themselves.

Whether there's honor in that or not, is not for any of us to decide since that's what they have chosen. Members have known this going in, and if they disagree are free to leave (as has happened). No group can function solely as a dictatorship - members must be bought in to the concept and the leader. Just as you joined a syndicate for your reasons, the Indians have joined together for their reasons. As another neutral, I see nothing wrong with either of your choices. Diff'rent Strokes. *shrugs*
    Noted and thanks for your comments mxz...I always have a lot of respect what you have to say.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City

Kingdom Age

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    If CC Syndicates work anything like MW Factions, being on someone's ally/mob list means little. They can still be seen in the rivals list and attacked during the main events.
    OK, well that is news to me MXZ.

It seems we are making moves based on assumptions about how a 'war' might work, probably forgetting that this 'war' only has one purpose, to make Gree more money.

Perhaps we should all chill our beans until we know more about the particular rules of engagement.

AMG, re your "wise man revealing his hand" comment, we don't go in for such subleties, we bludgeon things to death

As said maybe we should all chill a little until we have a better understanding of how this syndicate ish is gonna work.
    Last edited by Burn; 01-18-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Post Count
    Actually you got kicked and attacked because we thought it would be kind of fun doing so. And we spark us a bit more interest in the game. And hype up the syndicate thing.

We like to keep it interesting.

You say you expect to get on with 99.9% of people in the game right? So why cant you get on with indians just because rob or attack you? Its the name of the game matey!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    "By the way, I'd also suggest you think hard before putting your hard earned rep on the line, because a load of toing and froing on here is only going to make everyone look bad."

Well in this case it would be more like getting in a mud fight with a pig.
    My Rep went down the toilet pan along with my war of words with Baron Ass, so I'm speaking from experience. Oink oink.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    For comments like these, I have removed you and will be hitting and robbing you from now on. 👊💥🔫