Battle For Brazil, 1-18 to 1-23!! Additional Details Inside! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle For Brazil, 1-18 to 1-23!! Additional Details Inside!

Post Count
    Will you lose the fortification if you're not matched?

5 days is way too long... I think I'm getting ill <cough> <cough>

You're really keeping us on the edge of our seats here! This will be on a wing and a prayer!

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    What about hackers/ hackers in groups? I know right here in the forum, we can discover very questionable factions. Do yous have a team to hunt these people down or are these people going unnoticed?
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Banned
    Post Count
    Cheers for that CJ.

Post Count
    Do attacks (offensive/defensive) add to stats: Fights Won / Fights lost?

What kind of XP is "earned"? At what points and how much of it?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl@sh View Post
    I'm gonna need more vacation for this...
    I'm gonna need a vacation after the event to recover! Might as well hand in my notice now

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    Cheers for that CJ.
    We might be lucky in the sense that we get snowed in for the next 5 days! You know what this county is like and with plenty of snow falling tonight/tomorrow...

Post Count
    Well here is my 2cents:

Seems the strategy to pummel your opponents should be very simple considering the match-ups are based on overall strength (assuming that is the strength level at moment you declare war).

As I see it all you need is for each member to have few thousand allies requests in reserve. Drop allies down before each battle and then after the battle starts take about 5-10 minutes to up allies and then crush every opponent. That is assuming Gree didnt factor in extrapolating the army strength of each player in a faction at max allies (I'm betting they didn't or can't). Probably be good idea to leave defense leader at max strength to give others in faction time to beef up.

I could be wrong but I guess everyone can let me know how it went when it's over.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    What about factions with Beta testers.who have been sharing details and information. Will they be handicapped?
    I don't think the full WD event actually tested.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Guys, i hate to say this, this whole WD event is not about stats........
    A prophecy: gree is going to have a turnover the coming 5 days that equals a 6 month period or even more
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

In answer to a couple of questions:

-Fortifications are only used when the war between two factions officially starts, so it won't cost you one if the system can't find anybody in 20 minutes.

-The defense leader doesn't have to be online during the attack, he just has to be appointed. If he is online, he can attack the other defense leader like any other player. His shields start at 100 every round. The faction vs. faction UI does include a health meter like the epic boss for attacks, that replenishes at 1 per minute.

-You don't get more points for attacking a stronger opponent (or a weaker one, for that matter). Good strategy would be to coordinate your hits.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    Seems the strategy to pummel your opponents should be very simple considering the match-ups are based on overall strength (assuming that is the strength level at moment you declare war).

As I see it all you need is for each member to have few thousand allies requests in reserve. Drop allies down before each battle and then after the battle starts take about 5-10 minutes to up allies and then crush every opponent. That is assuming Gree didnt factor in extrapolating the army strength of each player in a faction at max allies (I'm betting they didn't or can't). Probably be good idea to leave defense leader at max strength to give others in faction time to beef up.
    Remember, the system weights for WD points, too. This strategy may or may not work in a limited fashion (we'll be interested to see, too), but you may find yourself suddenly matched up against strong opponents while you're weak, and if they unload in full force while you're back in another screen accepting those allies...

Post Count
    Call me suspicious, but I'm thinking part of the reason the event got extended to five days and moved up was because many factions already had or were close to having 72 level 10 forts, and that, my friends, is not good for business. Just like some new boosts were introduced because some factions were maxed out, or close to maxing out, on their upgrades. Extending the inaugural run--especially of a buggy, untestested piece of software that, by the admission of the company that made it, was not ready for prime time (thus the reason for the initial delay)--makes no sense otherwise. This is all about maximizing cash flow, even if it means the event itself may be completely fubar. I for one expect a seething mass of angry comments in the forum come Wednesday evening. Sorry for being a party pooper, but I had to get this off my chest.
    MW ID: 551-349-200
    KA ID: 624-390-071
    Accepting allies in both, please PM me with your info so I will give you priority over the unwashed masses.

Banned
    Post Count
    Has everyone's screen gone a horrible white instead of the black. It's giving me a headache.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    Guys, i hate to say this, this whole WD event is not about stats........
    A prophecy: gree is going to have a turnover the coming 5 days that equals a 6 month period or even more
    It would appear that a low level, low stat faction could easily score a lot of WD points depending on their auto selected match-ups. Might be a lot of sleepy people after this marathon event is over. No sleep for those that are to be Victorious!

Edit:
    Which based on CJs latest comment, the accumulation of WD points could apparently get you pummeled in the later rounds when selections could easily get you thrown in the ring with a monster faction. Ooopsy I can't wait to hear all about it.
    Last edited by BigD@wg; 01-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    It would appear that a low level, low stat faction could easily score a lot of WD points depending on their auto selected match-ups. Might be a lot of sleepy people after this marathon event is over. No sleep for those that are to be Victorious!
    like I said. Someone really crap could easily win this without trying.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Battle of Brazil

1. CJ we got set of new bonuses available today. What role if any they will play in upcoming battle?
    2. After factions matched will the members of rivals factions revealed to each other?
    3. Is it any penalty if after matched up factions decided not to fight each other?
    4. Do the individual stats of the attackers play role when attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction?
    5. When attacking fortifications and command center of the rival faction can you incur casualties like in PvP battles?