Skill point reset

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skill point reset

Banned
    Post Count

Skill point reset

I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps.

Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall.

Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by procsyzarc View Post
    I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps.

Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall.

Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc
    I've inquired about a skill point reset before and they said they don't offer that yet. Maybe if you're polite and you explain the situation, they might make an exception.

Post Count
    I have been 200 for a very long time and when i got there the highest energy job was under 600 so only put 1000 points in energy since the way the jobs increased at that point that would be more than enough even if they introduced 50 new maps. Obviously things have changed and a couple of the energy increases are quite big to the point where 5th ave boss requires 1100 energy. All i do on this game is upgrade buildings and trying to complete all missions but have now realised I have hit a brick wall. Has anyone had any luck getting a skill point reset? This is the only game I have played where it is not offered and for those of us who have been 200 for a long time are stuck since they have been a lot of changes that effect skill points since. Ie increased energy bonuses, attack point bonuses etc

Have you "mastered" all of the maps you can with what energy you have? Thus gaining an additional point to use? Because unless you had all maps done before the newer maps came out, I don't see them doing any type or stat reset or re-allocation. They will just look and say there are more points for you to get...
    As of 3/16/14 5:00am PST:

CC: 817-801-163
    Level: 247
    Mafia: 269
    Attack: 15.9m
    Defense: 15.4m
    IpH: $7.06m
    Fights W/L: 53,996/19,825
    Robs W/L: 124,836/1026

A long, long LONG time ago in the facebook incarnation of Crime City, energy was the be-all end-all stat because of some mechanics specific to that game. Then we added end-game bosses, which took large amounts of stamina. Everyone in the game wanted a skill respec. So we gave everyone in the game a one-time skill point respec to reflect the new content. And, surprisingly, the result of this was not that everyone was then happy. What happened was that everyone wanted more skill respecs. Everyone wanted more skill respecs badly. They wanted to be able to have all their points in energy when they wanted to, and have all their points in stamina and attack when they wanted to.

Our ticket queue exploded. At one point, well over half the support tickets we received on a daily basis were from players requesting, demanding, threatening, cajoling and begging for skill point respecs. We briefly discussed charging for it, but that would have thrown the entire balance of the game out of whack and made that the be-all-end-all defining purchase in the game.

That being the case, we do understand why people would want a respec when they hit 200, but we're incredibly wary of opening up that can of worms again.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    A long, long LONG time ago in the facebook incarnation of Crime City, energy was the be-all end-all stat because of some mechanics specific to that game. Then we added end-game bosses, which took large amounts of stamina. Everyone in the game wanted a skill respec. So we gave everyone in the game a one-time skill point respec to reflect the new content. And, surprisingly, the result of this was not that everyone was then happy. What happened was that everyone wanted more skill respecs. Everyone wanted more skill respecs badly. They wanted to be able to have all their points in energy when they wanted to, and have all their points in stamina and attack when they wanted to.

Our ticket queue exploded. At one point, well over half the support tickets we received on a daily basis were from players requesting, demanding, threatening, cajoling and begging for skill point respecs. We briefly discussed charging for it, but that would have thrown the entire balance of the game out of whack and made that the be-all-end-all defining purchase in the game.

That being the case, we do understand why people would want a respec when they hit 200, but we're incredibly wary of opening up that can of worms again.
    I hear through the g****vine that some players are not just given skill point resets, but entire game resets where they get to keep certain units from event prizes, get refunds for all gold spent credit to their new reset account, and then start over at level 1! This makes me go hmmmmmm...why some and not others...it would be a magical occurrence to have that happen for me!

Post Count
    Reset autocorrecting to respec, CJ?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    He's speaking Ali G'anese! Thanks for Keeping it REAL CJ!

Post Count
    What a top response from CJ.

Credit where it's due. Not just the standard "we don't do that".
    But an explanation of "why we don't do that".

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by albeezy View Post
    I hear through the g****vine that some players are not just given skill point resets, but entire game resets where they get to keep certain units from event prizes, get refunds for all gold spent credit to their new reset account, and then start over at level 1! This makes me go hmmmmmm...why some and not others...it would be a magical occurrence to have that happen for me!
    I have heard the same thing happening...magical occurrences! Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    D'oh, sorry, I was slipping into mmo lingo. A character respec (re-specification) is when you reset all your attribute points and put them into different things without otherwise altering the character (like, level doesn't change); it's kind of a specific term for a skill point reset in the context of games in general.

Post Count
    Wouldn't it be a better solution to add additional methods to obtain more skill points. The current 1 per map mastery's is a bit tedious, perhaps incorporate into auction event/open10 events as common loot or pump out more of those skill point item bonuses

Banned
    Post Count
    That's a wonderful idea, pb. Would rather have skill points than henchmen or RP, even if it's just one at a time.

Banned
    Post Count
    Well lets see if they do it, not going to master the rest of the maps since mastering another 11 maps just so I can do one job will take a year not to mention with in the year they will probably add more maps with even higher energy demands.

If they refuse I will probably just delete CC and be done with it (bad news for those who rob me each day). Since it is not really fair to your paying customers to increase the energy required for the game from 600 to 1100 but not add anyway for players already at max level to increase it

Consistent Contributor tassychris's Avatar
    Post Count

Isn't it just your fault that you made a mistake by not building up enougth energy. If I recall energy had a big recommended next to it. Im sure you used your high stamina to great effect on the way up. If I had my time back I would have spent less on money buildings and concentrated on defence because once your at 200 money really can't buy much. But thats life
    [CM] OZ

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tassychris View Post
    Isn't it just your fault that you made a mistake by not building up enougth energy. If I recall energy had a big recommended next to it. Im sure you used your high stamina to great effect on the way up. If I had my time back I would have spent less on money buildings and concentrated on defence because once your at 200 money really can't buy much. But thats life
    [CM] OZ
    Not really, if I had just hit 200 I would somewhat aggree, but many of us have been L200 for 8 months plus back before there were events or new maps or new owner (Gree) which have completly changed the game. Eight months ago there was no way to know they would introduce maps with such a huge energy costs