Advice for a camper on defending against robberies - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for a camper on defending against robberies

Banned
    Post Count
    Im sure purpose of camping is to improve your IPH. And hope for good scratcher.

You cant avoid being robbed or attacked.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    You just have to be enough stronger
    But you'll never be "enough stronger" than everyone unless you outspend everyone.

There's always someone stronger than you, and some people get real lucky.

I found a dude with over 200k defense and I can rob him blind and not even lose any sarins. I'm only at 96 attack, so how much stronger does one need to be to fend off a robbery? Significantly stronger, I get robbed by weakish players quite often when I don't collect on time.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post

But you can build your economy at any time and level.
    Camping allows you to keep your money and not get harassed by stronger players at higher levels.

At real low levels you can get by with cash and respect weapons.
    Always Famous......

Consistent Contributor Indian bong's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    i have just 99 henchmen and nearly 200 buildings .. how can i get more henchmen? i have enough gold, can i buy them? or would you advice me to raise their pay so that each one takes care of 2 buildings .. i may even arrange a bonus each month if they do that ..
    I'd suggest you buy them goodies . . lots & lots of goodies, Few of em are pretty lousy bugger's . . to uplift their morale u got to bribe them from time to time . . worked for me . .

P.S : Raising their pay & bonus is like a must . . I'm still stunned over the fact that u r even enquiring about it . .

I come from the land of Kama Sutra. I can f**k you in more ways than you can count . .

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcooldude View Post
    I am a level 51 camper with 6506 ATT and 7420 DEF with very few defence buildings. What advice do you have to defend better against robberies? Is there any defence items or defence buildings I should invest my money into? Currently I've been investing most my money into upgrading money buildings.
    It's kinda been said so far, the only gaurenteed way not to loose robberies, is to collect on time.

If you regularly find your top end buildings robbed, you need to take a look and see if there is any thing you can do to collect them bang on time. For example, aside from weekends, I can guarentee that I can collect by 12's/24's, and 8s on time, every time.

The main way I have done this, is by "Syncing" then, making sure that they all come up together, at one time. (although, 12s different from 8s, etc). For example, my 12's come up during work at 8am/8pm so there is less chance of me loosing them. This has involved leaving them up after a collecting until they match other buildings, or simply leaving them all to go up overnight. You get one potential big hit, then they're done.

Alternatively, if you can't make such a gaurentee about collection, then you really won't have much of a chance to eliminate.

What you find is that the big stat players at your level, will only go after big stat buildings only, (I will not touch anything that isn't a higher cash payout building) so provided you can collect these, you will invariably only be dealing with lower stat players who don't know as much about what to rob. Again this means if you cannot collect your big buildings, there is no way you can eliminate robberies.

Now, if you can collect the buildings, there are many ways you can build up your stats, although unfortunatley, not much without Gold.

Do not worry about investing in defence buildings, other than gattling turrets; the defense they provide isn't particularly significant, and upgrading them doesn't give you that much extra benefit as the game simply lies about what defense they give you.

More importantly, and something you should rely on. You need AT LEAST twice the stats of your oponent to gaurentee that you win a robbery, as your defence value you get from all your inventory items is halved when you are being robbed. This means without being insane for your level, you will never prevent robberies.

I would suggest never attacking back, as this gives people a batphone to your hood.

Concentrate on Boss events and nothing else and maybe bumping up some defense items now and then. If you are a free player, there isn't a lot you can do.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    I'm level 51 as well and have pretty good stats (over 20k A/D) and I don't get robbed very often.

If you're camping then hopefully your IPH is at a reasonable level so get as many gatling turrets as you can, and replace any machine gun turrets if you have them as they're comparatively weak and take up a spot that could be used for a gatling.

If you go out and rob then stick to lofts and laundromats as these give good RP/XP ratios. The Respect weapons are the best you can get without spending real money so use any RP you get (including from scratchers) to buy sawn off shot-guns, serated blades, night vision binoculars and Yamaha race bikes. Without spending gold the RP weapons give the best stats but it can be a slow journey, especially if you only rob laundromats. I have the +5 RP modifier from one of the previous events and this has been a big help for the lower levels. If Gree do another event like this where they give a respect modifier then definitely go for it.

At level 51 with your stats you may struggle to get very far on the boss events but these are crucial to rapidly increasing your stats as you get equipment that is far better than anything you could buy with in-game money. Use Billionaire's guide to ensure you get as many free hits as possible and then use as much gold as you are willing to spend.

You haven't mentioned if you're a gold buyer or not. If you are then make sure you make value for money purchases (I realise that this is a slight joke given that it costs US$30 odd for a pixelated assault rifle that is not even real). I use a spreadsheet where I work out the attack and defense stats per gold bar e.g. the Deadly Chakram gives 0.822 attack and 0.333 defense per gold whereas the Tech Gatling Gun only 0.263 A and 0.279 D, so you'd be better off buying 17 Chackrams rather than 1 TGG.

And of course, as others have mentioned, if you can sync your buildings and collect on time then you're less likely to lose money. Also, don't ever hit anyone back unless you're sure that they can't beat you. I made this mistake early on and was hounded for weeks by them.

Anyway, good luck - what is your in game name and I'll make sure I stay away from you? :-)

EDIT: sorry, I have repeated some of what Ramshutu said as I started typing my reply a while back before I saw his response.
    Last edited by l1ster; 01-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post

The purpose of camping/crawling now, IMO, is 1) improve IPH, 2) load up on scratchers and 3) be able to participate in maximum epic boss events prior to level 100, when it gets much, much harder to beat the bosses.

I'm level 65 now and have been able to beat 40 bosses each time. Those events by themselves, have made camping a very viable strategy, rather then just have a quasi-Sim-City strategy, which is what is what before the epic bosses.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    But you'll never be "enough stronger" than everyone unless you outspend everyone.

There's always someone stronger than you, and some people get real lucky.

I found a dude with over 200k defense and I can rob him blind and not even lose any sarins. I'm only at 96 attack, so how much stronger does one need to be to fend off a robbery? Significantly stronger, I get robbed by weakish players quite often when I don't collect on time.
    My key word, 'enough'