Stories Behind Your KA In-Game/Forum Names: - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stories Behind Your KA In-Game/Forum Names:

Post Count
    Mine is Rutherford - short for Sir Rutherford the Brave from Phish's (rock band) Gamehenge saga. The Gamehendge saga tells the story of Colonel Forbin, a retired colonel from Long Island, New York, who enters the mythical land of Gamehendge and rescues a document called the Helping Friendly Book from an evil dictator named Wilson. Rutherford is the head knight of the Lizards who leads a team of allies to help overthrow Wilson.

Colonel Forbin is my Modern War name and he is also an integral part of the Gamehenge saga. He is a retired colonel who embarks on a mission to rescue the Helping Friendly Book from the tower of Wilson's castle.

My Forum name is lv_phish (as is my license plate in VA).

Paint the World Black With Us.
    693-336-072

[MoC] Rutherford 201-952-094

Post Count
    Mine (forum and IGN) is nothing all that clever, but I've had it for almost 20 years now... ever since I created it as a username for my first ISP back in 1995. I had just graduated from Wake Forest University and had also taken courses at Furman University, so I combined their two mascots:

Paladins (Furman) + Deacons (Wake Forest) = Paladeacon

That kind of became my online persona, so I've continued to use it.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I never use my ign here, don't see the point in making it easier to find me if I call someone out for being stupid.

I've used the moniker shinazueli for 20 years. Similar story as paladeacon. Shin - true (Japanese) & azueli - from the root azure and I changed it because azueli fell off the tongue easier. => true blue => loyal friend. It was a group of 4 dudes that all made up names for each other (with a teenage rule that it had to be cool and not an anatomical word, lol). They gave it to me because I was never gonna nark. Ever. Still true. Snitches get stitches.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Snitches get stitches.
    Reminds me of a great Halloween tweet from Conan O'Brien:

As my 5 year-old son and I carved the pumpkin today, I swear I heard him say, “That’s what happens to snitches."

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Cool thread. No one can pronounce my real name and my nick name in my native tongue sounded like OP (o.p.). No one used it outside my household until the song OPP came out. When I would enter a room the girls would make room for me to sit in the dorms, mainly because I tutored most of them. Hearing my brother often use my nick name paired with the song led to the establishment of OPP as my nick name with the second P eventually disappearing all together.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladeacon View Post
    Reminds me of a great Halloween tweet from Conan O'Brien:

As my 5 year-old son and I carved the pumpkin today, I swear I heard him say, “That’s what happens to snitches."
    Lol. That's awesome.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count

Thumbs up

Nice thread, guys!)

Well I don't know, why I'm Yepp. Heh it was pretty long time ago.

I always tried to choose a nickname of spoken language, something as simple and ordinary, which is rarely associated with good pathetic nickname. And positive trend of the word is probably my fundamental openness to contacts and cooperation, and may just be I had a great mood when I first launched the game

About my LLP, Sasha Grey, well many of you know this person. I'm not a fan of pron, but I basically like her style, body language, expression and manner of moving. She is quite tricky and toothy ***** in a rather nice package. Quite charming and dangerous player, I like it. And because I am one of the recruiting officers in our younger guild, the name works well because of its ambiguous popularity on the verge of a decent and indecent.

Yepp

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Been a HUGE Monty Python fan for as long as I can remember, particularly the Holy Grail.

So when I got hooked on playing Ultima III and Ultima IV at high school, Black Knight was the first name I thought of.
    Given the era this game allegedly takes place in, I thought the same. I looked on a Monty Python website and found the word Pepperpot, so I added Count to it for Count Pepperpot.

For my second account, all I could think of was the SNL skit years ago that featured Earl of Sandwich and Lord Douchebag. I thought the sensors might kill the douchebag name, so I went with Earl of Sandwich.

In hindsight, just for yuks, I signed into Monster Quest under Douchy McDoucherton, and nobody has complained....LOL!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
    Taken from the best movie ever... throughout time...
    Kim Cattrell at her finest.

I raise American Pit Bull Terriers and my kennel name is Olympian Kennels. Father of the Olympians

Post Count

Cool Thread and interesting info

Seriously to long of a story for name explanation for me, however, I'll abbreviate.
    I began playing AD&D in 1982, I was 12. By 1985, I had become a DM. I needed a private army and needed a Paladin leader; Spydrax was born.

Spydrax has always simply been... me.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    Sun Tzu The Art of War