Limited Time challenge - Set's Challenge - extremely buggy?? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Time challenge - Set's Challenge - extremely buggy??

Lurker
    Post Count
    I've only got 20 pictures on my device and more than a gig free space, so I don't think that could be the issue. Now I can start and go delete all sorts of apps, but come on, that shouldn't be really necessary to play a simple game like this, should it?
    Now, I'm not a computer expert at all, but I really believe crowding the Temple of Abaad map with all the monsters from this quest is the real culprit here. It that is in fact the case, I wonder how tech-savvy the devs are if they can't foresee such problems

Post Count
    yah, im having the same issue as well, though i will say with enough persistence i can eventually get it to load. Im thinking it may have something to do with an overload of mobs in one area, when it does finally load in its extremely laggy

Post Count
    I'm sending in a ticket... There are way too many monsters on that map & what do they have beta testers for?? Do they have beta testers on all devices? I'm not an expert either, but this seems like a noobie fail to me. (no offense to noobs)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I'm sending in a ticket... There are way too many monsters on that map & what do they have beta testers for?? Do they have beta testers on all devices? I'm not an expert either, but this seems like a noobie fail to me. (no offense to noobs)
    A lot of the Gree staff are on holidays till Jan 2. This event was probably a rush job before going on holidays.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Diadexxus View Post
    Oh!! I thought I was imagining it but there ARE too many monsters! I think that might be the same problem.
    Yep, I have an iPad I too. Is it only our problem? Any 2 or 3s having trouble?
    -D
    iPad 4, no problem thus far (33/40, almost 34).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vain View Post
    I've only got 20 pictures on my device and more than a gig free space, so I don't think that could be the issue. Now I can start and go delete all sorts of apps, but come on, that shouldn't be really necessary to play a simple game like this, should it?
    Now, I'm not a computer expert at all, but I really believe crowding the Temple of Abaad map with all the monsters from this quest is the real culprit here. It that is in fact the case, I wonder how tech-savvy the devs are if they can't foresee such problems
    KA has taken 1.4 gigs of space (lv. 100).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gabriel388 View Post
    A lot of the Gree staff are on holidays till Jan 2. This event was probably a rush job before going on holidays.
    lol, yeah... totally typical of GREE. I was wondering if they would actually have anybody working on this. I don't hold my breath when it comes to these things. Somehow GREE makes good, usually

Banned
    Post Count
    If they had nutted out these little niggling issues this would probably have been the best event in KA history.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post
    If they had nutted out these little niggling issues this would probably have been the best event in KA history.
    True, now it's an event likely to boost sales in iPads as people get frustrated and use them as frisbees.

Tried all the usual ideas as well s some off beat stuff, still no joy. Reminds me of the problems I had with MW when I first started that game on the iPad.

Will see how far I can get on my LLP which on the iPhone works fine. Been a great event for that character. Doubled the monster attack score with two high Mage weapons so reckon in the long run the experience cost will be more than supplemented.

Consistent Contributor bobfishcake's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm on ipad1 at 28/40 and have done this to access the Temple map.

- double click the home button and close down all open apps.
    - go into settings and turn off Bluetooth (or anything that uses RAM).
    - open KA and go to a map other than Temple.
    - open the Temple map.

Hope this helps

Edit - turn off Bluetooth first then close settings. You can also turn off the weather settings in options which may also help the map load?
    Last edited by bobfishcake; 12-29-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for the tips everyone, after much frustration I am getting in by following all the steps listed. Silly iPad 1 issues. I agree, might have to upgrade to newer device

Post Count
    Still the best KA event ever even with the minor crashes.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Post Count
    Does anyone know if there are any issues with iPod touch?
    I might have to transfer my account to my sons touch as its near on impossible on the iPad.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    I might have to transfer my account to my sons touch as its near on impossible on the iPad.
    Nobody has posted any, so go for it... lol, I hijacked my son's new (& 1st) iPhone that he got for Christmas just to finish Set's Challenge. It was quicker than revamping my iPad1 & less frustrating than constantly reloading the game. But, it is so hard to see the fun! I hope they get it worked out soon after the new year. Good luck, Zesder!
    Line ID: clementine88

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Nobody has posted any, so go for it... lol, I hijacked my son's new (& 1st) iPhone that he got for Christmas just to finish Set's Challenge. It was quicker than revamping my iPad1 & less frustrating than constantly reloading the game. But, it is so hard to see the fun! I hope they get it worked out soon after the new year. Good luck, Zesder!
    in my ipod touch I am stuck at task #19, it has taken me the whole day to do 18 and part of 19, because the game crashes at least 15 times before I manage to get to the task, and now, is even worse, I manage to get to the map for task #19, and the Pit lord is gone when he had more than half his HP gone,
    I have lost a whiole day not to mention the use of the energy

sent a ticket, but who know when I will hear from them