new LTE Winters Bane - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new LTE Winters Bane

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstrol View Post
    There's nothing to fix you ****ing idiot , you just stay at low levels to get these cheap **** prizes from boss events and **** like that , but I will make sure , that once you reach level 120 you will be constantly raided and attacked , just to show you that camping wasnt worth
    Good luck with that.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMunkey View Post
    It's easy to over vault over 100. I went on my BD10 run at around Lvl 120 and only got raided once. Just make sure your att and def are good enough and you generally won't be bothered.
    If it was "easy" to overvault for high levels there wouldn't be any campers. Seriously, the boss events all by themselves wouldn't cause half the players to camp. The two of them combine to make it an easy choice for a lot of people. Just for example, when was the last time you sat on 2 million gold for a month just because you can't spend it fast enough?

I'm not bothered by some people's opinion (even though I think they are wrong). I'm bothered by his general douchiness.

There's a difference between an intelligent argument between two forum members who have a difference of opinion, and his posts which sound like an angry cave man wrote them.

"WHAT?! You not think like me!! Caveman smash!!"

Edit: I am NOT referring to the quoted poster.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 12-24-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMunkey View Post
    It's easy to over vault over 100. I went on my BD10 run at around Lvl 120 and only got raided once. Just make sure your att and def are good enough and you generally won't be bothered.
    I concur. Have got my BD10 at lvl 163. Was having all hydra army by then with lvl 9 Kennel, lots of decent equipment, supported by strong iPH. The whole ordeal was tough ( lost around 200 k at the very end ), but fun. Having a really small vault in comparison to costs of many expansions makes it a challenge to play, IMHO.

In any case, don't think that it worth arguing about styles. for me camping is a bit boring, but probably more efficient in the long run, particularly, when the density is concerned. Still - for every one - one's own. Happy holidays, everyone!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hmm does anyone know how much exp one would gain for completing this quest? a rough estimation maybe? the dragon looks nice. Im contemplating to go for it. I wouldnt if it would level me up too much though.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aephlux View Post
    Hmm does anyone know how much exp one would gain for completing this quest? a rough estimation maybe? the dragon looks nice. Im contemplating to go for it. I wouldnt if it would level me up too much though.
    The lower you are the more you'll gain. In the 50's, I'm planning on about 2 levels.

Post Count
    Why they do these stupid quest in lower maps , they should move them to the highest one so campers wont get any reward
    I don't understand the point in your request. In this event, the high level players have an advantage. If you are at a high level, you'll have more skill points to put into hero strength . This would let you kill more monsters per energy bar then the low level players.
    Last edited by SoccerStud; 12-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    The lower you are the more you'll gain. In the 50's, I'm planning on about 2 levels.
    Im at L45 with only 35 HS. Im thinking it would take me up 2-3 levels, if not more. Oh well, maybe not then.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerStud View Post
    I don't understand the point in your request. In this event, the high level players have an advantage. If you are at a high level, you'll have more skill points to put into monster mastery. This would let you kill more monsters per energy bar then the low level players.
    It's called hero strength in KA, just to clear up any confusion.

They also have more energy to begin with. For instance, one player quoted an energy bar of 1500 ish and it took him the whole bar to finish the first two quests. For us campers, I've spent three entire bars [somewhere in he vicinity of 550 energy per] and I'm not even halfway through the second quest. I've gained half a level, for reference.

For my own curiousity, is there an end boss after the four quests or is it just the drops?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why they do these stupid quest in lower maps , they should move them to the highest one so campers wont get any reward
    Probably so everyone (or at least the vast majority of players) can participate, campers or not. Some low level players aren't campers, perhaps they only recently started playing or don't play that often and therefore don't level up much. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the event. They'll have a much more difficult time compared to those of us over lvl 100 with high HS, but if they locked out the lower level players by placing the LTQ objectives on later maps, many wouldn't have reached the level to unlock those maps, like what happened before (I think it was the first LTQ where anyone below lvl 62 got screwed... and no warning whatsoever before they got to the final portions of the quest and couldn't enter that particular map). It's one thing to design a LTQ aimed at higher level players (which they should do as a reward for those who don't camp), it's another to dupe people into basically wasting Energy and their time (should they be lower level) without warning ahead of time--or at least having a list of quest requirements and the maps they take place on--before they actually reach that point.

I too would like to see some higher level maps utilized in LTQ mainly since all the maps utilized so far in them I've already fully mastered. It'd be nice to be able to double up on completing the LTQ objectives and inching towards lvl 5 mastery at the same time, however I understand why they don't. As said, it'd negate lower level players from participating, which would cut into their profits in regards to those who spend money on gems, whatever their level.

Finally, you should watch your tone. It is against forum rules to attack other posters with profanity-laced rants. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by DIrishB; 12-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DIrishB View Post
    Probably so everyone (or at least the vast majority of players) can participate, campers or not. Some low level players aren't campers, perhaps they only recently started playing or don't play that often and therefore don't level up much. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the event. They'll have a much more difficult time compared to those of us over lvl 100 with high HS, but if they locked out the lower level players by placing the LTQ objectives on later maps, many wouldn't have reached the level to unlock those maps, like what happened before (I think it was the first LTQ where anyone below lvl 62 got screwed... and no warning whatsoever before they got to the final portions of the quest and couldn't enter that particular map). It's one thing to design a LTQ aimed at higher level players (which they should do as a reward for those who don't camp), it's another to dupe people into basically wasting Energy and their time (should they be lower level) without warning ahead of time--or at least having a list of quest requirements and the maps they take place on--before they actually reach that point.
    Thank you for being reasonable.

Banned
    Post Count
    I never really understood the reason behind camping. I could understand if you just want to pick up some high stats units from the boss events because of the looks or uniqueness of the unit. However, if your reason is to obtain high stats units early be more "competitive" once you reach high levels (or level 200), then you are completely naive. These few high stat boss event units won't help anybody compared to the units the high gem spenders have at the highest levels.

Even with those units from the boss events you will still be fodder to the high rollers.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thank you for being reasonable.
    No problem. Personally I'm too impatient to camp, but understand the logic behind it. What I can't understand is the attitude of elitism and animosity some people aim at campers. If you're measuring your self worth in some way based on how "strong" you are in this game, whether due to Army A/D or level you're at, there's something quite sad about your life. It's a Facebook/iOS game, for Christ's sake.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido69 View Post
    I never really understood the reason behind camping. I could understand if you just want to pick up some high stats units from the boss events because of the looks or uniqueness of the unit. However, if your reason is to obtain high stats units early be more "competitive" once you reach high levels (or level 200), then you are completely naive. These few high stat boss event units won't help anybody compared to the units the high gem spenders have at the highest levels.

Even with those units from the boss events you will still be fodder to the high rollers.
    I think most campers are questing after Dragons. Though even a full Dragon army with best weapons/armor would still pale next to big gem spenders' massive amounts of Event and gem units.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You misunderstand. The point of camping, at least for me, is not to gain some measly 10k worth of units that (you correctly stated) will not make a difference at endgame. It's to finish all of my overvault upgrades while I still can. If after my manors are level 10, the high levels are still full of sharks that make it impossible to compete, I am content with being utterly invincible at the level I am at.

Basically, you are assuming that we are ever intending on joining the shark pool. We (or at least, I) are never going to level to a place where we cannot hope to compete with people with more money than sense. No boss or LTQ reward is worth that pain.

If they come to their senses and realize that half the player base isn't retarded and doesn't plan on trying to compete with people with units twice as strong as anything we could ever hope to obtain, they could rebalance the gem units to not be completely overwhelming and actually make the higher levels competitive. They would probably need to revamp their business model to do this, but I am content waiting. This is, after all, an iPhone game that I use to kill time.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 12-24-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    You misunderstand. The point of camping, at least for me, is not to gain some measly 10k worth of units that (you correctly stated) will not make a difference at endgame. It's to finish all of my overvault upgrades while I still can. If after my manors are level 10, the high levels are still full of sharks that make it impossible to compete, I am content with being utterly invincible at the level I am at.

Basically, you are assuming that we are ever intending on joining the shark pool. We (or at least, I) are never going to level to a place where we cannot hope to compete with people with more money than sense. No boss or LTQ reward is worth that pain.

If they come to their senses and realize that half the player base isn't retarded and doesn't plan on trying to compete with people with units twice as strong as anything we could ever hope to obtain, they could rebalance the gem units to not be completely overwhelming and actually make the higher levels competitive. They would probably need to revamp their business model to do this, but I am content waiting. This is, after all, an iPhone game that I use to kill time.
    I understand your point of upgrading certain buildings to high levels. Having great stats at lower levels of course help. But you really don't need to camp to upgrade your buildings. I never camped, I am at level 132, and my manors are at level 5 going for 6. No reason for me to camp.

I don't understand your reasoning about "never going to a level where you cannot compete". You will eventually reach that level, very slowly as a camper, but nevertheless you will get there. You cannot stand still. So why not enjoy the ride, play the events, level up, attack players with enormous amounts of unprotected gold. I had my manor at level 4 and it took me a few hours only to get the 1.9 million for the level 5 upgrade. At these high levels I easily found players with 800k in gold and a defense with less than half of my attack.