Regarding Faction-related bugs, update - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

Thanks for the bump. Although higgypop, you need to stop spamming the forums with the problem. We're working on it now.

Updated the first post with this:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Volunteer faction.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Thanks for the bump. Although higgypop, you need to stop spamming the forums with the problem. We're working on it now.

Updated the first post with this:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.
    Dear CJ,

Our faction would be willing to help. I can have our leader contact you with the requested information. Let us know what the best way to send that info to you would be.
    MW: Mudphud 809 967 567

Post Count
    CJ, Lil' Pepper's faction has a couple of ghosts who we see as members, but they can't see us... and they want to be in our faction... and we want them.

Sign us up! I'll have our leader get you the necessary info...

Thanks!
    Peppers

Banned
    Post Count
    Will members be able to re join if booted and will we lose all bonuses?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I will like to try this out. Thanks CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Just gonna bask in some smug today

Banned
    Post Count
    CJ what info do you want from our faction? (Henryvii, ragmondino and me - Henchmen's True Calling

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    CJ, Lil' Pepper's faction has a couple of ghosts who we see as members, but they can't see us... and they want to be in our faction... and we want them.

Sign us up! I'll have our leader get you the necessary info...
    CJ - PM sent with faction #, affected member and his invite code. If you need any other info let me know. Thanks for the lookout and wanting to help out, Pepper.

Edit: forgot that we have another...sent you an updated PM.
    Last edited by mxz; 01-03-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    same here, pm sent.

The Buckwheat Connection is willing to help on fixing this issue asap
    lvl: 250
    atk: 17m+ @ 230 mafia
    iph: 14m

ID 431 445 807

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I believe our faction, The Bravehearts of Scotland, would be willing to volunteer to help in any way we can. We already have tickets submitted and I believe that once our leader hears about the call for help he will be willing to assist in any way he can.
    Join the Bravehearts of Scotland faction
    ID 580 953 650

You don't have to be Scottish but you do need to have a Braveheart!

All nationalities welcome, high A/D stats ONLY!

Ranked 60th (so far), multiple upgrades, external forum.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

Send me pm ifyou wish my faction to volunteer. We have two members who cant be deleted.
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    Cj, I'm the leader of FFF (Forums Finest Fighters), I have detailed info on all members (ally invite codes, levels, etc). I have records of all bonuses, cash donations, I'm also allies with all members. So if something bad was to happen. I could always re-add the members. I have an iPad user that is a bugged member, he can not donate or post on forum. He was in the members list and on the invite list simultaneously.
    Our faction is willing to help if you would like.
    Allies Code - 969-561-507

Faction Leader - Forums Finest Fighters (invite code 771138005)
    Consistent top 25 with 50 wins
    Accepting all forum members great stats and iph.
    http://palr.in/go/1jMKQf9TQxaTw-

Hey all, I'm compiling the info I've received in PMs and the thread here. I'll see if we have enough to test and update you guys.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudphud View Post
    Dear CJ,

Our faction would be willing to help. I can have our leader contact you with the requested information. Let us know what the best way to send that info to you would be.
    Done Mud! Thanks for sharing.

Lurker
    Post Count

would like to volunteer

UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

My faction wish to volunteer. We have more then 3 members who cant be deleted. I am the faction leader, if u wish send me PM

Lurker
    Post Count

need donaters

i am a faction leader and been gettin on my members for not donating a penny to the faction. the real small members i wasnt able to delete because of the pop up error but others wasnt so lucky. i was able to delete a few others so im looking for PPL WHO ARE DONATERS. I HAVE ALREADY DONATED OVER 20 MIL EASILY BUT CANT HOLD THIS TEAM ALL BY MYSELF. we have defenses building and guild built already

name of faction - The Best There Is
    faction invite code- 531 436 231

looking for DONATERS ASAP

right now 16/22