Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.
    Last edited by CJ54; 01-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    You said "butt"

Banned
    Post Count
    Why can't you test the faction before you make it in game ?

Post Count
    As much as we can complain about a lot of things, getting a heads up on a Sunday night, before a major holiday no less, is pretty great. I appreciate the effort to keep us informed.
    Last edited by ohgreatitsryan; 12-23-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Jesus, I think this is the first time I've ever said something positive about any CSR at Gree and it makes me feel so dirty.
    Add me before I get banned again for harassing the mods.
    Modern War: Ginger Lvl 80 ID#: 128 150 570 & Lvl 194 ID#: 643 379 083

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I appreciate the reply CJ

Post Count
    Strong work CJ, strong work!

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

We knew that there were going to be some unforeseen issues. The size of this update, combined with the upcoming World Domination mechanic itself, has more moving parts and content (art, mechanics, etc.) than the entire game did at initial launch. If you stop and think about that for a second, and then think about how the roll-out has been overall, it's pretty amazing. That said, we're going to work to get the remaining ones taken care of. A lot of people worked really hard on this one, for a long time, to bring you guys something totally awesome, and we're not going to let some bugs get in the way of that if we can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry View Post
    You said "butt"
    "Butts", actually. We had them once, but they are now gone.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    cj you sound like your trying so hard to fix this,hope you get time off this holiday to acctauly enjoy it.
    Thanks for the info much appricated.
    Bite the bullet.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Just to add I think we'd all rather the bugs were fixed before Brazil so if that means delays, I for one would be happy with that so long as we're kept in the loop.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    A lot of people worked really hard on this one, for a long time, to bring you guys something totally awesome, and we're not going to let some bugs get in the way of that if we can help it.
    It shows. Factions have, so far, added some great new depth to the game. We'll see when Brazil starts, but so far I'm a huge fan of the changes. Despite my bear boost still being invisible. Thanks for the communication on this. Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays.
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Cj

Can't creat faction.
    In faction one day. Another day not.
    Try to create faction says faction already exists. That's cus I created one but there's no way to find it.
    Faction list doesn't show all. Sort by number and name has tons not showing.

Post Count
    We have an Adroid user in the faction I am with and of course we can't get rid of him. I am thinking we should give these guys a warning, leave on your own accord or we will create a list on this forum of players who did this.

The issue will get fixed and once its fixed, these players would be listed and factions would then know who they are and can choose to not add them going forward.

We list their ingame name and level, if they refuse to leave on their own volition.

Just a thought.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad View Post
    We have an Adroid user in the faction I am with and of course we can't get rid of him. I am thinking we should give these guys a warning, leave on your own accord or we will create a list on this forum of players who did this.

The issue will get fixed and once its fixed, these players would be listed and factions would then know who they are and can choose to not add them going forward.

We list their ingame name and level, if they refuse to leave on their own volition.

Just a thought.
    Sorry, but this is not android player fault
    This is if im looking from my android
    Everything's relative, It all depends on how you look at things
    Just don't slap me

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_xyz2004 View Post
    Sorry, but this is not android player fault
    This is if im looking from my android
    So are you saying you can't voluntarily leave a faction? If asked to do so?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad View Post
    So are you saying you can't voluntarily leave a faction? If asked to do so?
    Yes, i cant leave a faction right now,
    How can i leave a faction if the option only : Create, Faction List, and Faction Invites ?
    Last edited by andy_xyz2004; 12-24-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Everything's relative, It all depends on how you look at things
    Just don't slap me